ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Luka Garza in the NBA and I suppose the Timberwolves thread*****

So, he got called up? Last I heard he was in the G League.
Yep back and forth a few times been with the big team past few weeks. Did good against the Bucks last week too. Finally got around to starting a well deserved thread on him. Wolves a disappointment this year but Garza can help them he's so talented on O.

Going to the Timberwolves and Kings game in Minneapolis later this month. I’m hoping Garza sticks and we can watch Garza and Keegan play against each other.
Awesome! Hope Garza sees some action with his former mate on the court for the Kings in Keegan.

Reactions: cubsMDdmb
With towns injured Luka is getting some decent minutes.
Won their 2nd game in a row tonite.
I am not a fan of Towns and think they are better with Edwards being their lead dog.
On their postgame show after their last win they were complimenting Luka and the analyst commented how great it was to see a beaming Frank Garza after the game. Said Frank is at every game....nice for Luka.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Went to t wolves game tonight. Unfortunately no minutes for Garza, but a good number of people got the 'we want Luka' chant going. Also interesting to watch him on the sidelines. He didn't actually sit on the main bench. Rather, he was up stretching, jumping, riding the stationary bike, doing shadow jumpers, etc behind the bench most of the game. No idea if that's typical but dude just wants to play!

Went to t wolves game tonight. Unfortunately no minutes for Garza, but a good number of people got the 'we want Luka' chant going. Also interesting to watch him on the sidelines. He didn't actually sit on the main bench. Rather, he was up stretching, jumping, riding the stationary bike, doing shadow jumpers, etc behind the bench most of the game. No idea if that's typical but dude just wants to play!
He is definitely deserving of playing time. Wolves are so inconsistent and infuriating but back to .500. Nice work on the chant!

Garza 9 pts in less than 12 minutes in a key spot in a nice win vs the Cavs. Back to .500

Gobert only played 13 minutes...must have gotten nicked up. That's how Luka's been getting PT. When Naz Reid was out, Luka played. Reid returned, DNP-CD.

Sales guy (from Minnesota and a Wolves fan) bet me $20, Garza wouldn't even get drafted. He sent me crow eating texts after the two past performance. 🤣

Garza playing a lot in the Wolves at Nuggets game but he has 3 fouls in 2nd qtr just got taken out

Was bummed I didn't get to see him live in black and gold but tonight was really cool with him matched up against Joker at times. I hope he sticks in minny, he looked good

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Yep he produces. Quick foul trouble last night but got 15+ minutes. Weak on D and rebounding but not due to effort. Canning 3s like a guard.
Offensively he definitely belongs and showed that last night. D and rebounding will keep him from being a guy that gets 20 min a night. He had position on Jokic last night in a 2 pt game with 2 min left and Jokic went right over him for an offensive board and put back to go up 4. Can't happen, was a huge turning point.

Offensively he definitely belongs and showed that last night. D and rebounding will keep him from being a guy that gets 20 min a night. He had position on Jokic last night in a 2 pt game with 2 min left and Jokic went right over him for an offensive board and put back to go up 4. Can't happen, was a huge turning point.
To be fair, you are talking about a guy with mostly G-League experience taking on arguably the best player in the NBA. Jokic would do the same to about 90% of NBA starters.

But otherwise, I don't disagree with your assessment.

To be fair, you are talking about a guy with mostly G-League experience taking on arguably the best player in the NBA. Jokic would do the same to about 90% of NBA starters.

But otherwise, I don't disagree with your assessment.
I'll excuse his D on Jokic because he schools everyone, but this was a rebound Jokic should have never gotten with Garzas position. In fact there were quite a few similar plays where the defender and similar position on NJ and he didn't come close to getting the offensive board. This one was just a really poor effort by Garza. It happens, but those little things will keep if from minutes when Towns is back. His offensive game should keep him in the NBA for a while, even if it's 10 min or so a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT