ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official New Degen Thread 🏦🏦🏦***

I'm looking to start gambling and am too lazy to look through past threads for information. I'm needing to be spoon fed opinions here so don't direct me elsewhere as I'm lazy as aforementioned.

What are your recommendations for the best betting app accessible in IA.? Looking to just have one and not shop around different apps for the best line.

If you don't have recommendations please post T&A. If you are wanting to razz me, I would instead encourage you to post T&A.

I thank you all for any insight and/or boner inducing GIFs you provide.
As @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset said, DK and FD are solid, but I am a huge fan of Bet365. They offer cashout options on bets up until the game starts, and other books don’t do that. They do early payouts if the team you bet on gets a lead of XX points, and I find their app to be easy to use. Good luck!

I'm looking to start gambling and am too lazy to look through past threads for information. I'm needing to be spoon fed opinions here so don't direct me elsewhere as I'm lazy as aforementioned.

What are your recommendations for the best betting app accessible in IA.? Looking to just have one and not shop around different apps for the best line.

If you don't have recommendations please post T&A. If you are wanting to razz me, I would instead encourage you to post T&A.

Not sure if you have signed up for any books yet, but DK, FanDual, and Bet365 have pretty good promos where you bet $5 and get $200 in free bets. If you use someone here's promo codes (I'd be happy to provide mine 😃) and you bet $10 instead of $5 you get an extra $50 on each. Theoretically a new user could get $750 worth of free bets for $30.

Last edited:
WEEK 1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

NDSU +7.5 (placed in March, not feeling great about it)
Illinois State TT U7.5
Rice -10
Stanford +9
Maryland -20.5
SDSU +9.5
EMU/UMass U50
Ga. Southern +13
Nevada +9
ND/aTm U47

Other leans:

Iowa, PSU, Miami all to cover
Random side note,

Heard the other day stat worth taking with a grain of salt.

CFB teams in the last several years, excluding covid season, that were playing their FIRST game of the season were 60-34(may have been 33) Against The Spread against their opponents who were playing their SECOND game the very next week.

So, the games to look out for this weekend:

Boston College at Florida State
Georgia State at Georgia Tech
Montana State
at Utah Tech (if you can find it)
New Mexico at Arizona
Nevada at Troy
UConn at SMU
Delaware State
at Sacred Heart (if you can find it)
UCLA at Hawaii

FanDuel usually has the best lines, from what I've seen.

DraftKings tends to have more promos, odd boosts, etc.

The are others, obviously, both those are the two most popular books.

WEEK 1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

NDSU +7.5 (placed in March, not feeling great about it)
Illinois State TT U7.5
Rice -10
Stanford +9
Maryland -20.5
SDSU +9.5
EMU/UMass U50
Ga. Southern +13
Nevada +9
ND/aTm U47

Other leans:

Iowa, PSU, Miami all to cover

I'm gonna keep hammering the Iowa under until proven otherwise. 40.5 is the magic number this week. They only went over that number TWICE last season.

For me it's sooooo much easier. You get a feel for the game and can make decisions based off of that.
Depends on the app you use though.

Seems like live-betting football is essentially like live-betting a specific price point on the stock market.

You have 2.5 seconds to place your bet or it changes, and God help you if your internet is slow or your app intentionally acts slow (which is a thing).

I'm gonna keep hammering the Iowa under until proven otherwise. 40.5 is the magic number this week. They only went over that number TWICE last season.
If it was closer to 48, I'd role with that easily. My guess is the money is starting to come in on the Unders.

There's no way that total reaches over 48, even if Iowa wins in a "blow out".

I see it, at best a 31-9, 31-16 type of game. Traditionally, the reason why I max it at 48 then, is because if Iowa is in such control of the game that they score more than 31, then Illinois State probably isn't scoring much, if at all, so then it falls on Iowa to hit that number and we can assume that won't happen unless this new offense absolutely blows everyone's expectations out of the water (and I'm not holding my breath).

The inverse to that is that it's a typical ho hum 24-7/6 or even blander type of game, which safely hits the Under. The only hesitation being that these first games can be so volatile, and while normally they wouldn't be for Iowa, again, with an allegedly new-look offense, that could change things.

At 40.5, I think they're looking at something like 27-13 or 31-9 Iowa for the Under, and 27-14/31-10 for the Over. Of course that's without checking the Point Totals for each team.

Kudos that you have the skill to live bet. I am a cooler of epic proportions when I try to live bet CFB.
I feel like Vegas has someone specifically tailing my bets and if I go to make any live bets, it's like they're actively waiting with baited breath to get on the phone and make the call for the game to go absolutely batsh** in the opposite direction of how it was going almost instantly after I place a bet.

Like if the Chiefs are beating the winless Panthers 17-0 and I bet Chiefs -17.5, then Vegas will make the call, "alright switch it" and Carolina will go on a run and take a 27-17 lead in the 3rd Qtr and for unknown reasons, Carolina +17.5 is still out there, so I then place money on that to hedge.

That's when Vegas is like, "we got em. Make the switch". And the Chiefs will then run off 28 unanswered points in the 4th qtr and win 45-27 and cover the initial spread but at the expense of an "unnecessary" hedge.

Even more fun are the ones where you don't get the opportunity to bet both sides of the same line and the absolute f***ing mental gymnastics that go on during the game to hit the one f***ing specific number or outcome you didn't bet on. (And for ML examples in the NFL, that would be games ending in a tie..........)

This is where you know Vegas, or the sports gods, are just f***ing with you at that point.

A team you have on the ML will get a 24-0 lead. They'll blow that lead and the score is now 24-24, so you hedge their opponent. Then the team you initially bet on kicks a FG with 14 seconds left. Bet is safe, right?.............F*** no. They give up a big return on a bunch of missed tackles that look like you're playing on Freshman level on NCAA25, and are easily in FG range.

But we gotta make it look as ridiculous as possible to eek out every last possible ounce of over-betting that Vegas can get their hands on, so the team in FG range is gonna fumble the snap, and the team I bet on recovers. ML bet is safe, right?..............F*** no.

They then fumble the snap and give it back to the other team, with 3 seconds left and they kick a FG to send it to Overtime.

Lots of ML bets are made then by people thinking they get extra chances to live bet on the game, and then both teams' offenses decide to borrow Iowa's offense for the OT and the game ends in a tie, and Vegas/your favorite betting app comes away all fat and happy with the one outcome nobody bet on. 😃😃😃😃😃

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT