ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Regional Games Thread. #2 IOWA vs #3 N. Carolina at #14 Overall Seed Indiana St (Terre Haute) Regional (June 4, 11 am CT, ESPN+) *****

when was the rule about standing outside the Batters Box change?

if the rules have changed the pitchers should be allowed to throw brush back pitches or a few chin music pitches

like I said maybe some chin music would change these batters tune pun intended. I had a pitcher that was not afraid of throwing a couple of chin music pitches. or as I called them brush back pitches.

once had a pitcher ask if he could put a pitch in the umps grill right between the eyes.

told he could and should not ever do that, but after all these years I have reconsidered my stance and now I think maybe a pitcher should drill them right between the eyes to maybe make them read the rules and enforce them like they were written in the 1st place.

excuse me but 10 hit batters in one game something is wrong.
‘when was the rule about standing outside the Batters Box change?’

Going to have to go with ‘huh?’ as the response to this well thought out question.

I think 2019 was when the official rule was put in place. Sorry that the rule doesn’t fit your narrative. Certainly Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale wouldn’t like it either.

As far as hitting 10? That falls in the ‘lack of control’ category. And still not against the rules.

All Super Regional matchups......

Alabama (42-19) at Wake Forest (48-10)
Texas (39-20) at Stanford (40-17)
Kentucky (37-18) at LSU (44-15)
Tennessee (39-19) vs. Southern Mississippi (44-18)

South Carolina (41-19) at Florida (45-14)
Duke (36-21) at Virginia (46-12)
Oral Roberts (48-11) at Oregon (38-20)
Indiana State (43-15) at TCU (38-22)

No love lost for Indiana St, but how do you host a 1st round regional but have to go on the road for a Super Regional to a team that wasn't a 1 seed? Doesn't make sense.
Indiana State couldn't host....as noted above, they were already committed to hosting Special Olympics

Reactions: hawkfan0319
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT