ADVERTISEMENT

****Official RIP in Pieces JR Cycling Thread****

efdeae9d-bbd3-4e97-972e-598ed8b32208_text.gif

I told him I support more expansion. I figure FSU rumored to the BIG sent him over the top.

I started a new cycling thread but it seemed Pepsi once I saw this one, so deleted. Is this the new cycling thread? It is going to need some stars in the title to make it official.

I started a new cycling thread but it seemed Pepsi once I saw this one, so deleted. Is this the new cycling thread? It is going to need some stars in the title to make it official.
You need to wait until it’s 69 days from start of Ragbrai.

Didn’t JR say he was deleting all his threads and leaving? Maybe I have him mixed up with another poster.

This is the base model of the whip. I have changed a lot on it. Removed the groupset and added ultegra everything. Seat changed to Brooks C15. I have 2 sets of wheels for gravel or road so I can choose what is best for the ride. Switched the grip tape to the thinnest lizard skins I could find.
326024_19234_XXL.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
Also, anybody watch Paris-Roubaix? The hell of the north is my favorite race of the year. Men and Femmes both delivered.

This is the base model of the whip. I have changed a lot on it. Removed the groupset and added ultegra everything. Seat changed to Brooks C15. I have 2 sets of wheels for gravel or road so I can choose what is best for the ride. Switched the grip tape to the thinnest lizard skins I could find.
326024_19234_XXL.jpg

Nice, although that sure would have looked nice (and felt leathery smooth) with a brown B17!

Nice, although that sure would have looked nice (and felt leathery smooth) with a brown B17!
I’ve looked into it. Just got a garmin 540 edge and heart rate monitor. Power meter crank arm is next. I will consider a saddle after. This hobby is hard on the proletariat wallet.

Last year was the first time I had gotten in to biking and I had only gotten in to late in the season so its been fun getting back in to it. I lost 25 lbs last year in just over a month. Really love it. Looking forward to starting the trails at Sunderbruch and Illiniwek

I’ve looked into it. Just got a garmin 540 edge and heart rate monitor. Power meter crank arm is next. I will consider a saddle after. This hobby is hard on the proletariat wallet.

If you have multiple bikes, let me recommend pedals vs. crank if you’re looking for power data. You can swap them easily and get the data regardless of your setup. The obsessed will say cranks are more accurate (to 99.9999999% of the users it won’t matter) and there’s a legit argument they’re better protected than pedals - but if you’ve got multiple bikes it’s a good (cheaper) option.

Last year was the first time I had gotten in to biking and I had only gotten in to late in the season so its been fun getting back in to it. I lost 25 lbs last year in just over a month. Really love it. Looking forward to starting the trails at Sunderbruch and Illiniwek

How many bikes do you have? Just so you know - in a year you’ll probably have twice as many. Sorry, not sorry. N+1. Learn it, live it. Welcome to the hobby!

How many bikes do you have? Just so you know - in a year you’ll probably have twice as many. Sorry, not sorry. N+1. Learn it, live it. Welcome to the hobby!
Haha yea, I've been looking at new road bikes. I just have the one I bought from a friend last year and it's a mountain bike. I like off road biking but I definitely want a road bike for the paths

Who's doing the granGable next weekend? Looks like we get to stop at Coach's house along the way and hang for a bit. 100 miler for me - first century of the year.

granGable Century Route

Real shame that Old Roy's is gone. I haven't been to That Place...on Augusta yet but I'm guessing it's not the same vibe. It's going to get lonely out west now that Renee's Roadhouse is gone too.

Gold.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT