ADVERTISEMENT

***Official United States 2022 World Cup Roster Thread***

Wright and Ferreira over Pefok is a head scratcher. Wright is less proven at a high level, and Ferreira has proven to waste far too many chances for the USMNT.
Shaq Moore is the biggest shocker to me. Not surprised to see Ferreira, but stunned we didn’t get one of Pefok or Pepi. Wright has been doing well at his club this year, and let’s be honest, we have no proven commodities at the ST position.

I’m quite encouraged from Ream and Robinson paired on the left side of Fulham’s defense. Much more worried about Aaron Long. Would much rather John Anthony Brooks. And this coming from a fan that thinks MLS is underrated.
I know Brooks has struggled with a high line, but I assume he can adjust. I never see Brooks play so really don’t know how he’s playing. Has his form really dropped off to get picked behind Long? The central backs have me worried.

I know Brooks has struggled with a high line, but I assume he can adjust. I never see Brooks play so really don’t know how he’s playing. Has his form really dropped off to get picked behind Long? The central backs have me worried.
Brooks looked really bad at the start of the WCQ, Miles in particular played really well and on top of that GB clearly doesn't think highly of him.

Ream I think is only on the roster because Richards couldn't go, and there's not enough young depth to call up a McKenzie yet. My concern with both Ream and Long is that neither is particularly quick, and paired alongside Walker that could leave the center defense a bit vulnerable. Will need alot of help from Adams.

Hopefully CCV starts instead.

You watch. The absence of Miles will be totally obvious, and yet another reason why Burkhalter should go.
He cost Miles a serious part of one MLS season because he had him running steps AFTER a game for no reason,
resulting in injury. I agree with the poster above--Greg doesn't like him for some reason.

You watch. The absence of Miles will be totally obvious, and yet another reason why Burkhalter should go.
He cost Miles a serious part of one MLS season because he had him running steps AFTER a game for no reason,
resulting in injury. I agree with the poster above--Greg doesn't like him for some reason.

Wasn't Miles injured in an MLS game?

Reactions: seminoleed
Brooks looked really bad at the start of the WCQ, Miles in particular played really well and on top of that GB clearly doesn't think highly of him.

Ream I think is only on the roster because Richards couldn't go, and there's not enough young depth to call up a McKenzie yet. My concern with both Ream and Long is that neither is particularly quick, and paired alongside Walker that could leave the center defense a bit vulnerable. Will need alot of help from Adams.

Hopefully CCV starts instead.
That’s my worry as well. Ream was smoked repeatedly by the Salvadoran forwards when he last played in WCQ and had to be subbed out (too late in my opinion). It’s a bummer Miles Robinson and Richards are out. I also thought Miles was playing in great form before his injury. Hopefully, Adams can help in central defending some.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Shaq Moore is the biggest shocker to me. Not surprised to see Ferreira, but stunned we didn’t get one of Pefok or Pepi. Wright has been doing well at his club this year, and let’s be honest, we have no proven commodities at the ST position.
I prefer Moore over Cannon whom I’ve never understood the love for.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Somewhere between.
BitterAnguishedDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
I hope people are prepared for the massive disappointment that's about to ensue...........

Depends on what your goals are I guess. With such a young and inexperienced WC squad, my goal is to simply get out of the group. Anything beyond that is gravy.

I also won’t be shocked if they fail to advance. WC groups often have unexpected results and it happening mid season I think this will be an especially wacky group stage.

If the US can get out of the 2014 "Group of Death", then they certainly should be expected to get out of this group. Anything less and Berhalter should be fired immediately.

Am curious what the bar is for GB to be retained past this WC cycle. In general I think teams should always swap out coaches after a WC, doesn’t seem like teams respond the same in a second cycle with the same coach.

Reactions: seminoleed
So, are we gonna win the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!? :D

Or is this gonna be yet another lulz @ US soccer being US soccer?
Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Probably not. The United States’ system is backwards. Soccer should be a sport for all, regardless of income. The whole structure of US soccer is private club teams that travel which excludes families without the means. I don’t believe the US can be elite until this is rectified.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Probably not. The United States’ system is backwards. Soccer should be a sport for all, regardless of income. The whole structure of US soccer is private club teams that travel which excludes families without the means. I don’t believe the US can be elite until this is rectified.

Making progress imo.

Part of the problem is that US soccer is really only 50 years old as a competent entity. Far too much time was spent trying to incorporate college soccer before realizing that too much precious development time was being lost.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Bingo. The US will only be elite when we get as many Tre’vons playing as we have Trevors. See the current World Champions…
AP_18196610315313%25203.jpg

Reactions: SI_NYC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT