ADVERTISEMENT

******OFFIICIAL Uruguay v. USA Thread*******

So do you think the non-Uruguayan Hispanic-Americans are pulling for Uruguay to stick it to us honkies or are they cheering for the USA since we are the land of opportunity they all want to live in? 🤔

Nah. Their country is so superior to ours in so many facets. Well, other than to live in, thrive in, build a business in, raise your family in, etc… grr… irritates me. Crowd does seem pretty in favor of the US. I know there are a couple of our board members at the game.

Anyway, US playing well so far. Being the aggressor. Keep it up.

Reactions: torbee
Why invite the US to this tournament if this is what you are going to do? I mean, the US will do a fine job of grouping themselves. They really don't need the ref to intercede and help them do it.

Compare this telecast vs. Euro. Ours looks like the work of the 8th grade AV club.
So I guess the story is CONMEBOL - which is the South American soccer federation - “runs” the tournament. Meaning despite being hosted here, the US networks get shittier camera spots, the USMNT gets the shitty away locker room and the ref f—ks us in the goat ass 🤷‍♂️

So I guess the story is CONMEBOL - which is the South American soccer federation - “runs” the tournament. Meaning despite being hosted here, the US networks get shittier camera spots, the USMNT gets the shitty away locker room and the ref f—ks us in the goat ass 🤷‍♂️

Pretty much.

There is no US camera crew. It's just one crew and that's the feed we are getting. Someone must have thought that the really high camera angle would be great to see what the centerback is doing on a corner kick and from a tactical point of view I actually like it, but it sucks to watch the game on. This is the angle you use to play a video game.

Reactions: SeaPA and torbee
I very rarely complain about officiating, but damn that first half was bad. In the local rec league that I'm involved with, we often have some of the teen players officiate the young kids' games and they do a better job than that.

And because twitter sucks now I can't post a link, but the Goodyear Blimp people had a pretty good comment about the camera angle.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT