ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, it’s a Civil War alright.....

True. I am a proud dem who admits my bias and all my faults. I have never denied that. That does not make my solid 98% MAGA repub statement untrue.

Respect for owning your positions. I would just like people to stop placing everyone into two distinct tribes- part of the reason we have the problems of today. There should be ideas on both sides that we can get behind to a degree.

There seems to be some Trump revenge in the air.

His daughter Ivanka running against Senator Marco Rubio
The search for a Trump loyalist to run against Liz Cheney
The search for a Trump loyalist to run against John Thune

Donald Trump wants to punish those who abandoned
him after his loss to Joe Biden. This revenge will fail.
It’s pathetic. I’m not sure what Marco Rubio ever did to earn Trumps ire but I guess he just stabs everyone in the back eventually.

It won't. Rand Paul is already saying that a third of the party will leave if Trump is convicted. Now I have no idea if it's less than that or more. But I am sure that he is correct that many will abandon the Rs.

Trump is how they identify themselves. More than identifying as husbands or wives, parents, children, bothers or sisters. They identify as Trumpers first. That won't disappear immediately.

Well, that’s the problem the sane GOP members; purging the Trump faction will hurt the party short term, but it’s the only way to save it long term. Some would even lose their office if they stand up for the truth. We will have to see if they have it in the.

IF the Senate impeaches Trump and then passes a
resolution that he cannot run for President again,
then Trump will not be a 3rd Party candidate in
2024. The humiliation of impeachment by both
Houses of Congress will bring to an end the saga
of Donald Trump.

You're assuming the capacity for shame. That's a flawed assumption.

Well, that’s the problem the sane GOP members; purging the Trump faction will hurt the party short term, but it’s the only way to save it long term. Some would even lose their office if they stand up for the truth. We will have to see if they have it in the.

Also, losing Trump will conversly hurt the Dem party. With no villan to focus on and drive numbers what is going to get your base actually fired up to vote? Media will have nothing to talk about!

Respect for owning your positions. I would just like people to stop placing everyone into two distinct tribes- part of the reason we have the problems of today. There should be ideas on both sides that we can get behind to a degree.

Big money & hyper partisan positions is why this is a concept of the past.

Reactions: hexumhawk

We have to stop demonizing people who don't agree with us. As noted, big money nor hyper politicization want us to stop that. We are all Americans but that doesn't seem to fly with anyone anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT