ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State opened as 23 point favorite vs IOWA. As of Thursday Morning: tOSU -20; O/U 44.5

As of 10:30 am CT, no movement. Hawks still at +20.5 with an O/U of 44.5.
20 on draft kings. The money line is down from 1100 to 900. I even placed a small one on Iowa plus 10 with plus 232 odds. I really do think this is going to be a close one either way. Should be a good game from start to finish. So yeah I am betting everyone is sleeping on the Hawks and that is exactly how we like it.

Reactions: squeezebox
Offense will need to show up in the first half. OSU hasn't exactly had a difficult schedule to kick the season off. I am worried about the secondary for the hawks in his game.

20 on draft kings. The money line is down from 1100 to 900. I even placed a small one on Iowa plus 10 with plus 232 odds. I really do think this is going to be a close one either way. Should be a good game from start to finish. So yeah I am betting everyone is sleeping on the Hawks and that is exactly how we like it.

i hope you are right.

will we see an improved passing game coming out of the bye week?

will Kaleb Brown run the correct routes?

will Phil get things fixed so we don't give up the big play?

i hope you are right.

will we see an improved passing game coming out of the bye week?

will Kaleb Brown run the correct routes?

will Phil get things fixed so we don't give up the big play?
Bye weeks can do wonders. Especially in fine tuning. Now if you have to spend the whole bye week going over fundamentals like tackling, and spend less time on fine tuning, then you probably won't see as big of improvement. The more solid you are going into bye week the more you can get into details. That said we are playing pretty clean, not a lot of penalties and we looked fundamentally sound (for the most part, there have been a few missed tackles and such and I am sure that was addressed). It will be interesting to hear the choice of words used in the presser. That might tell us a little about how productive of a bye it was.

Ohio State is lucky their game @ Michigan State wasn't a lot closer at halftime. OSU was able to convert a number of 3rd and mid-range in the first half. Michigan State fumbled on a nice pass play that would have put them 1st and 10 in the redzone. Then they fumbled again in redzone late 2nd quarter and allowed OSU to go down and score right before half.

Michigan State just couldn't stop the run, but they move the ball well against OSU in 1st half.

I've watched a few OSU games this year and the opposing offense moving the ball against their defense early in the game seems to be a pattern. Then they make adjustments and absolutely nothing as the game goes on. But - I guess - you can say that about most of the top teams

I've watched a few OSU games this year and the opposing offense moving the ball against their defense early in the game seems to be a pattern. Then they make adjustments and absolutely nothing as the game goes on. But - I guess - you can say that about most of the top teams
I see Iowa/us with 10 or 13 ….how many OSU gets is a matter of our D fatigue factor …if we get some bounces and turnovers we hold them to 30
If not, look out 👀

Bye weeks can do wonders. Especially in fine tuning. Now if you have to spend the whole bye week going over fundamentals like tackling, and spend less time on fine tuning, then you probably won't see as big of improvement. The more solid you are going into bye week the more you can get into details. That said we are playing pretty clean, not a lot of penalties and we looked fundamentally sound (for the most part, there have been a few missed tackles and such and I am sure that was addressed). It will be interesting to hear the choice of words used in the presser. That might tell us a little about how productive of a bye it was.

great post.

Lester said last week that the passing game was close

If true
So dumb we wouldn’t have jumped at that!!!!
one point mentioned as i recall was that kelly at his age isn't into recruiting and that could be a issue at iowa
the fact that ou nabbed him shows he's highly regarded but lester seems to be a decent fit for us and a qb teacher as well so i'm not totally miffed

OSU was without their best player on defense the last two weeks, #91. With him in the game the OSU defense is much different as his replacement as well as the MLB are first year players.

Both vs MSU and Marshall OSU did not bring pressure and got taken advantage of up the middle, but once the other LB and Safeties got involved, both offenses ground to a halt.

During a bye-week ... I imagine that the guys do a bunch of self-scouting. Hopefully that pays dividends ... particularly as it relates to BOTH our pass-D and our pass-O.

What was the spread of the Woodshed game?
I believe that it opened as a 17 point spread.

Nate Stanley was a first-year starter then too. However, he DID have guys like Fant and Hockenson to pass to. Furthermore, that was a season where Josh Jackson emerged in a big-way ... and Amani Hooker had a pretty decent season that year too (if memory serves).

Turnovers swung momentum in that game big-time. Iowa managed to be able to capitalize and score points.

Reactions: amahawk
The odds makers have undervalued Iowa all season. The O/U has been based on last season and the idea that Iowa cannot score more than 20 points. Iowa has scored over 30 in every game but the bitter loss to the bestial Clowns. This line should continue to drop as the week progresses.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I hope Iowa limits mistakes, wins the turnover battle and keeps it competitive. I am hoping that Iowa only needs one miracle to be able to win the game.

Iowa wins 24-21
If we can hold them to 21 yeah we have a real good chance. I think if we can hold them under 26 we have a good chance, but after 26 our chances start going down pretty fast. We need to eat clock and limit possessions. and win the turn over battle. They have not been held to a FG all year I think, so it would be nice if we can hold them out of the end zone on a couple (of the limited amount of) drives as well. I mean realistically nobody even knows if their kicker can kick a 40 yard fg. (I am sure he can at this level, but he does not do it often in game time). So we are going to need our defense to play like they belong on the same field.

OSU looks very strong but every year these types of teams have a down game against a lessor opponent. I can see it happening this week based on nothing other than it happens .
There is basically zero chance as we have NO passing game.

When the 2017 miracle beatdown occurred we were a threat in both the pass & run offense.

I expect Cade and our O to look very juvenile. Cade is going to get injured and Sullivan will get in.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
Anyone surprised? Anyone pick us to win this game EVER?

Reactions: Franisdaman

When the 2017 miracle beatdown occurred we were a threat in both the pass & run offense.

I expect Cade and our O to look very juvenile. Cade is going to get injured and Sullivan will get in.
that team had nfl caliber players all over on both offense and defense. this year's version while they might be well coached doesn't have anywhere near as many difference makers. but we'll see. until the bf blindspot from recent years happened, kf teams of lunch pail types used to show extreme toughness against superior talent...so i'm hoping to see a return to that type of football beginning this saturday.

I fully agree the hawks will need to open up the passing game, but this team is in the top 70 for total offense with a drastically improved yards/play average. The line finally providing lanes for running, and it is going to be the decider of the game. Ohio State defense schemes to play the pass, and that is not what Iowa will be doing. Ohio State has played no one this year. With all of this said, it is more likely than not OSU blows Iowa out, but I do feel a bit more confident than saying Iowa has zero chance.

Offense rank

Akron: 130
Western Mich: 102
Marshall: 82
MSU: 86

Defensive rank
Akron: 115
Western Mich: 117
Marshall: 83
MSU: 30

I hope Castro hits extra hard.

Michigan had a 1st round NFL QB and pretty good receivers and we contained them pretty well, although I know we don't have Joe Evans in there adding more chaos.
I honestly love the spark that Llewellyn and Allen give off the bench, they need to see the field more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT