ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State opens as 23 point favorite vs IOWA. As of Monday afternoon: tOSU -20.5, O/U 44.5

if we continue to give up the long pass plays, it will be a long day
Howard is a short to intermediate passer, and OSU has been playing that game. He's not know for the long ball at all.

OSU had 4 +20 plays vs MSU. Longest was a 37 yard run by Henderson.

MSU, already weak on the OL, was down two starters in the game and rolled out a TF at right tackle because they had to slide the RT over to guard. It worked on the first O play of the game for them with a 19 yard run. Then the game wore on... LOL

MSU was 129th in turnover margin heading into the game, and dropped 3 more TOs (1-3 margin for the game). They also dropped a simple interception opportunity in the end zone, and OSU scored on the next play.

Context is important.

Iowa needs to play clean, and they have been doing that the past few games.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
Is that all! Lock of the week and the over too, OSU will score 45 or more themselves.

I think Iowa is going to surprise people against OSU. I won’t predict a win but I think the game is going to be closer than most think.
Certainly think it has the potential to be. They have yet to see a running game like Iowa’s. The first time playing a physical game in a season can be jarring to any team. Need the pass pro to hold up when we actually try to pass. That’s my biggest concern.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Some of the shit they do is just amazing. This halftime show vs Iowa was one for the ages.

This was but one of their wembley stadium “gimmicks” from 3-4 years ago…. A cousin of mine ( Buckeye season tix holder) told us a couple of years ago when the Iowa band performed at The Shoe, it represented itself very well and the performance was greatly appreciated by tOSU faithful.

(I’m one who gives credit where it’s due and tOSU band is definitely one of the best.)

If my memory serves me correctly Iowa always comes out very sluggish after bye weeks and really struggles with getting the damned play calls in. Not sure whether the new OC and in-helmet communications will rectify that, but I’d be inclined to take OSU and give the points.

Just be respectable Iowa. Stay within 2 TDs … which I think we can. OSU will sell its soul to stop our running game and force Cade to pass. KJ may get humbled in this game and if we don’t have some semblance of a passing game … ugh

There is no better college marching band than TBDBITL… and their “gimmicks” are their routines. For your own knowledge….”YouTube” tOSU band at Wembley Stadium.. and get back to me.
No one “takes the field” pregame as impressively as the Buckeyes marching band. Plus, in all the years they have performed “script Ohio”…they haven’t misspelled it yet!
I am aware of their ways. Not my cup of tea. I can respect their execution. Most of the time the HMB can't make a straight line. Just saying I wouldn't rank tofu's as #1.

ISU was missing what…their top 3 linebackers?…and that didn’t help the Hawks.

Just sayin’.
Iowa did not lose to Iowa State because of State's LB play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT