ADVERTISEMENT

OL Recruiting

Again, I am not talking about team defense. I am talking about the nastiness of the DL. Someone said it was missing on the OL but they can not see how after Doyle it affected the DL. I am saying it is because of team defense and a stellar back side that they are not seeing it. I like how you picked the one game against a team that just destroyed us and embarrassed us on the national stage the year before. From the day Cade got here and probably before that, the Hawks had Michigan targeted and so they got our very very best in every possible way. Tennessee rushed for 4.3 on us. Passed for 7.6. 0 turnovers against us. And put up 383 yards on us. 383 yards in the 31 min they had the ball. A little over 12 yards per min. If that is not marching up and down the field on us, idk what is. AND Tennessee was not better than Michigan.
We had 6 sacks in the game. It was 14-0 before Hill fumbled at our own 2 late in the 3rd. Then threw a pick 6 early in the 4th. The last TD didn’t really matter. The D essentially gave up 14 points through 3 quarters.
we didn’t play as well as we did against Michigan, I’ll give you that. I also agree Doyle was extremely instrumental in building our players strength, athleticism and nastiness. When he was fired (justly so) I was concerned we would not be the same team and we haven’t been, especially offensively. Defensively, perhaps the D-line isn’t as nasty, however if it was where you think it should be it would not have changed anything. You’re entitled to your opinion. I’ve made my points you’ve made yours and this is as far as I’m going to take this pi**ing match. Go Hawks!

Aiden Stensrud from Lake Mills is visiting this weekend. He currently plays Center and has length.

Both his Grandpas played in the NFL. His Dad played in the CFL and probably would have become a legitimate TE NFL prospect had Dan McCarney not tried to make him an offensive lineman. They all went to Iowa State. Aiden is very open. ISU, NDSU and SDSU have an interest.
He is a smart, athletic prospect . He fits what we look for, a team player and hard working.
Everyone up here knows of Mike Stensrud, but who was the other Gramps NFL player?

Everyone up here knows of Mike Stensrud, but who was the other Gramps NFL player?
Maynard Stensrud he played briefly with the Vikings and had to retire because of a bad back. I hear stories that he was better than Mike.

Not disagreeing with you, I'm just baffled it wasn't recognized by someone on the staff and made a priority. I know, easier said than done, other needs etc.

WE haven't been even mediocre at OT for a few years now. Big mistakes in who they recruited and not bringing in enough OT in numbers.

• Sad
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
The Michigan fans around us at that game understood their offense was basically getting owned by our defense.
I bet the Mich fans were really glad we had very odd breakdown on punt coverage the weird ref passing fumble call gave Mich the ball at the Iowa 10 yard line or so. that is 14 almost freebie pts.

We had 6 sacks in the game. It was 14-0 before Hill fumbled at our own 2 late in the 3rd. Then threw a pick 6 early in the 4th. The last TD didn’t really matter. The D essentially gave up 14 points through 3 quarters.
we didn’t play as well as we did against Michigan, I’ll give you that. I also agree Doyle was extremely instrumental in building our players strength, athleticism and nastiness. When he was fired (justly so) I was concerned we would not be the same team and we haven’t been, especially offensively. Defensively, perhaps the D-line isn’t as nasty, however if it was where you think it should be it would not have changed anything. You’re entitled to your opinion. I’ve made my points you’ve made yours and this is as far as I’m going to take this pi**ing match. Go Hawks!
I thought Iowa gave the Tide a defensive blueprint to win their game.

Again, I am not talking about team defense. I am talking about the nastiness of the DL. Someone said it was missing on the OL but they can not see how after Doyle it affected the DL. I am saying it is because of team defense and a stellar back side that they are not seeing it. I like how you picked the one game against a team that just destroyed us and embarrassed us on the national stage the year before. From the day Cade got here and probably before that, the Hawks had Michigan targeted and so they got our very very best in every possible way. Tennessee rushed for 4.3 on us. Passed for 7.6. 0 turnovers against us. And put up 383 yards on us. 383 yards in the 31 min they had the ball. A little over 12 yards per min. If that is not marching up and down the field on us, idk what is. AND Tennessee was not better then Michigan.
383 yards? So 60 less then they averaged while playing an SEC schedule?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT