ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics Early Events Have Already Started

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
The opening ceremonies are Friday, so you would be forgiven for thinking there''s nothing happening until Saturday. But several soccer matches are on as I write and the US faces France at 3PM. Right now you could watch Spain or Argentina.

Although I imagine the Peacock interface may change from previous Olympics, it looks similar to what I recall - and it worked extremely well the last 2 times I signed up for it. Way better than going NBC and cable. Paying $12 to watch the entire Olympics via Peacock (mostly) without commercials is a true bargain.

Haven't some of the preliminaries been going on for a month?
Sure. Qualifying stuff. But these are real Olympic events as far as I know.

BTW, I've already seen a couple of commercials while watching soccer. But I think that's because I'm watching live events. I don't think you get them on replay events (as long as you are paying for the ad-free service).

Watching the end of Argentina - Morocco (men's soccer). They added 15 minutes of stoppage time. I didn't watch the rest of the match, but the announcers seem to think it was really excessive, and doesn't bode well for the rest of the Olympic tournament.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
USA face favorites/hosts France in men’s soccer group stage today on USA Network. France has legendary former World Cup Champion and New York Red Bull turned CBS soccer analyst, Thierry Henry as coach.

Watching the end of Argentina - Morocco (men's soccer). They added 15 minutes of stoppage time. I didn't watch the rest of the match, but the announcers seem to think it was really excessive, and doesn't bode well for the rest of the Olympic tournament.
Man, Morocco really got screwed at the end of this match. Not only 15 minutes, but the referees let it keep going beyond that. They should be pretty upset.

The opening ceremonies are Friday, so you would be forgiven for thinking there''s nothing happening until Saturday. But several soccer matches are on as I write and the US faces France at 3PM. Right now you could watch Spain or Argentina.

Although I imagine the Peacock interface may change from previous Olympics, it looks similar to what I recall - and it worked extremely well the last 2 times I signed up for it. Way better than going NBC and cable. Paying $12 to watch the entire Olympics via Peacock (mostly) without commercials is a true bargain.
Pick son up from summer camp at 12:30...rushing home for kick off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT