ADVERTISEMENT

On Kinship and Countrymen

JMNSHO

HR Heisman
Mar 11, 2010
I am a libtard, a hunter, a privileged white male. I am a SJW with two college degrees, an Eagle Scout, a treehugger, a spear fisherman, a fly fisherman. I have recently beaten an opossum to death with a 2x4 and also swerved on the highway to miss a butterfly. I don't like my neighbor's dog--or anybody else's really. I ride a bicycle on public roadways, also a tractor, also a minivan, and a pickup, and a moped. I routinely pay others for vehicle oil changes, yet I often fix my own lawn mowers and chainsaws. I sometimes put ketchup on a hot dog.

My refrigerator currently contains--among other things--craft brewed Berliner Weiss and Coors Light, kosher meats and store brand mayonnaise, eggs from my own chickens, and Old Dutch cheese food product.

By now, I suspect I have given most people here at least one reason to dismiss me as a detested Other. There are myriad of other deal breakers, scattered throughout the mine field of my personal preferences and beliefs--sufficient to detonate and alienate me from most people I walk amongst. The fact is, like most people, I live a life deplorable by any number of America's disparate cliques of cultural devotees.

So many people talk about patriotism, and America, and holding both above all else. I doubt that I am part of their purist concept; why should they be part of mine?

So. Am I to play favorites with a select group of my fellow man, simply because we were born within the same political boundaries? Why should I reserve an unwavering kinship only for my countrymen? Am I supposed to like someone simply because they are American? Is there not enough benefit of the doubt to go around the rest of the world?

Enough about me, other than your Kin, who do you reserve a special kinship for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT