ADVERTISEMENT

Why the Hate on Covid Kim?

She handled Covid fairly well. Plenty of mistakes, but better than most states.
But, she wasn’t ready or qualified to become Governor, it was gifted to her. And, she’s spent her time in office weakening environmental protections, dismantling important government departments (DNR, IDPH, DIA, HHS). And basically catering to business and industry, giving agricultural lobbyists free reign to practically write their own laws.
She works for private business, not us.
This is fair. Some of the stuff at the end seems talky-pointy, but I give you credit for posting about Reynolds in a way that makes me believe your neck veins aren’t about to explode.

No, I can forgive a one time offense but not a second one.

Drunk drivers are the worst imo. She literally put other people's lives in danger for her own selfish behavior ... twice as a grown adult. And she was in her 40's when she did this.
Not only was she drunk, but she was reaaalllly drunk. And you just know these two times weren't the only times she got heavily loaded and decided to play chicken with the public.

So far I've read she doesn't know who she is and is a vindictive bitch, by a female who will vote against her just because.... that's funding outstanding logic.... and a wealthy person got out of a DUI..... top notch shit cainer.
There have been several policy reasons listed in this very thread. Interestingly enough, I haven't seen one R tackle any of those. Because they can't defend her record. But she owns the libs and that's all Rs care about.

Read post #38.

I absolutely answered the question.

Stop defending the indefensible. You seem like another run of the mill GOP apologist.
It’s only indefensible because you say so. That’s a problem. There are good things you can point out about politicians without being an apologist. Don’t be a hack.

There have been several policy reasons listed in this very thread. Interestingly enough, I haven't seen one R tackle any of those. Because they can't defend her record. But she owns the libs and that's all Rs care about.
8b57311a-d7bc-4a31-85d7-811103996469_text.gif

It’s only indefensible because you say so. That’s a problem. There are good things you can point out about politicians without being an apologist. Don’t be a hack.
You're twisting in the wind.

There isn’t a "leftie" in this thread that would be defending her if roles were reversed.

Iowa is stuck with Reynolds. I'm nearly to the point of voting for Grassley so that when he quits in a year or two and Kimberly appoints herself as Senator, at least we'll be rid of her as Governor.

She'll do far less damage to Iowa as Senator Reynolds.

I don’t live in Iowa anymore but her stance on marijuana while having two DUIs on her record was enough for me to not like her. She’s costing the state millions of dollars with her idiotic take on “the gateway drug.”

Also, has anyone mentioned the recent news about Iowa restaurants only needing inspection every 5 years? That’s nasty.

I was able to meet and talk with her two weeks ago and found her to be very engaging. I was also able to ask questions that I cared about and felt she was honest with me.

Look, I like her and I also like many (not all) of her policies. I felt she did a great job during the pandemic. The fact is, that right now a majority of Iowan's agree with that. And, if the polls are right, she will win easily. It really is that simple.

Not only has she driven our schools into the ground, but she actually brags about it. It's like watching a coach turn Alabama into a 6-6 team and talk up the job they're doing.

Reactions: nelly02 and srams21
I don’t live in Iowa anymore but her stance on marijuana while having two DUIs on her record was enough for me to not like her. She’s costing the state millions of dollars with her idiotic take on “the gateway drug.”

Also, has anyone mentioned the recent news about Iowa restaurants only needing inspection every 5 years? That’s nasty.
The restaurant thing all depends on what kind of complaints get inspected. If they inspect after any complaint, annual
Inspections are irrelevant in the first place.

• Wow
Reactions: Pinehawk
I was able to meet and talk with her two weeks ago and found her to be very engaging. I was also able to ask questions that I cared about and felt she was honest with me.

Look, I like her and I also like many (not all) of her policies. I felt she did a great job during the pandemic. The fact is, that right now a majority of Iowan's agree with that. And, if the polls are right, she will win easily. It really is that simple.
Reynolds knows her base and what Iowa has become.

Mississippi North.

The only thing close to monitoring her is Rob Sand.

Reactions: 7 Dunks
It's literally been posted on here multiple times in this very thread. I would love to see an honest policy driven refute of that from an R.
There haven’t been any statistics in this thread about education. Just words like “mediocrity” or “run into the ground”. Parameters need to be defined before I do more digging. Not that it’s gonna change anything.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Reynolds knows her base and what Iowa has become.

Mississippi North.

The only thing close to monitoring her is Rob Sand.
If you mean that most folks in Mississippi and Iowa are that same because they worry about their pocketbooks and industries in their state...then you are correct.

I'm sorry my answer to the question didn't satisfy you.

Because it is. I've never claimed that I'm not vindictive when it comes to little lying Kimmy.

A policy decision didn't go your way. That happens all the time. Perhaps it's time to move on.

The restaurant thing all depends on what kind of complaints get inspected. If they inspect after any complaint, annual
Inspections are irrelevant in the first place.
The real problem here with restaurant inspections is the same as inspections of CAFOs from the DNR.

Staff reductions means complaints on restaurant violations won't be investigated either because there won't be enough inspectors.

And there will be staff reductions.

Do you have any other thoughts I can blow up?

Doesn’t have to do with an R by her name but she is a Trump lover.

I could look past a lot of stuff because the economy here is doing relatively well and I thought she was ok in the early days of the pandemic.

But she’s absolutely lost me on wanting to give tax dollars to religious schools so public schools continue to decline. It would ruin rural Iowa even more than it already is. That’s unforgivable IMO.

There’s several other disagreements but that one is tops and why I’d never vote for her.

There haven’t been any statistics in this thread about education. Just words like “mediocrity” or “run into the ground”. Parameters need to be defined before I do more digging. Not that it’s gonna change anything.

Not a statistic - but @StormHawk42 's post from earlier in the thread is the absolute biggest complaint about her education policies for me. If I'm a hardcore R (or D) from small town Iowa - I would be enraged by this position. Taking money out of my community and giving it to kids in big cities with private schools?! F that. Many in her own party wouldn't back her on this (because it's absolute bull shit) and she had to bail on it to close session. Add in the fact that she's been vindictive for those in her own party that didn't support her on this and it shows you how far she's gone down the political hole.

Stats or not, I wish she'd take some of that surplus and find a way to improve Iowa. Don't want to piss money away by throwing it at whatever? Fine. You're a leader - figure it out. You're paid and elected to do so. Education would be high on my list to "figure it out" and spend on. But I like kids and believe in education and opportunity and also believe it doesn't come free. That's a tale for another day though.

Last edited:
Not a statistic - but @StormHawk42 's post from earlier in the thread is the absolute biggest complaint about her education policies for me. If I'm a hardcore R (or D) from small town Iowa - I would be enraged by this position. Taking money out of my community and giving it to rich kids in big cities with private schools?! F that. Many in her own party wouldn't back her on this (because it's absolute bull shit) and she had to bail on it to close session. Add in the fact that she's been vindictive for those that in her own party that didn't support her on this and it shows you how far she's gone down the political hole.

Stats or not, I wish she'd take some of that surplus and find a way to improve Iowa. Don't want to piss money away by throwing it at whatever. Fine. You're a leader - figure it out. You're paid and elected to do so. Education would be high on my list to "figure it out" and spend on. But I like kids and believe in education and opportunity and also believe it doesn't come free. That's a tale for another day though.
This was something that I did disagree with her on. My wife and I sent our two boys to our local Catholic Grade/Middle School. The cost was actually not too bad and no child was ever turned away based on income or cost. But, we made the choice to send them there. I do not want someone's tax dollars going to send MY child to a non-public school. Now, I do want there to be real movement to hold those public schools that are failing our kids to be held accountable. We do need to do better on education.

This was something that I did disagree with her on. My wife and I sent our two boys to our local Catholic Grade/Middle School. The cost was actually not too bad and no child was ever turned away based on income or cost. But, we made the choice to send them there. I do not want someone's tax dollars going to send MY child to a non-public school. Now, I do want there to be real movement to hold those public schools that are failing our kids to be held accountable. We do need to do better on education.

Agreed. I wonder who is in a position of power to make this a priority in the state of Iowa.

The real problem here with restaurant inspections is the same as inspections of CAFOs from the DNR.

Staff reductions means complaints on restaurant violations won't be investigated either because there won't be enough inspectors.

And there will be staff reductions.

Do you have any other thoughts I can blow up?
Lol. You get dumber and dumber with every post. The new 5 year inspections are only for places that don’t cook. If deemed necessary, inspections can happen more than once every 5 years. Obviously, complaints still get these establishments inspected.

Most restaurants we eat at still fall under inspections being done at 3 years or annually. Some even every six months. Save the bullshit for someone who won’t call you out.

And that’s healthy. Disagreeing on some things while agreeing on others. Something the left in this thread can’t do because of partisanship.

Reactions: Hawkman34
And that’s healthy. Disagreeing on some things while agreeing on others. Something the left in this thread can’t do because of partisanship.
I posted this over a year ago. It still holds true but I'll add her push for private school vouchers, coziness with the ag industry and resulting (lack of) environmental focus, and cutting other key services / departments in Iowa to the list of "I don't like." These are all policy points and not emotional partisan lunacy - albeit delivered with a bit of stinging language. Y'all didn't want to talk then, y'all don't now. It's OK. Like I said earlier - HORT is place for being petty and calling people names, not for reasonable discussion.

Hawki97's brilliant post in Sept 2021:

"I like how she's handled the pandemic - except for taking mask mandate options out of the hands of local authorities. Ya know, that pesky republican mantra of local control and all. You can talk individual liberty all day but we've proven as a species that the simpletons among us need to be led in complex issues and those leaders IMHO should be closer to the action. I also think she's done a decent job with Iowa economic issues.

If she'd stop hanging with the loony borderline Q moms, get over her reefer madness, stop pushing for changes to abortion law, and supporting more laws that expand voting (like she did with felons) rather than limiting (poll closure times, shortening mail in time, etc.) - her approval rating would be even higher. I had high hopes that she had a brain in her head that could think more broadly than pushing party talking points out of Washington. It's a bummer she doesn't. SAD!"

Last edited:
Lol. You get dumber and dumber with every post. The new 5 year inspections are only for places that don’t cook. If deemed necessary, inspections can happen more than once every 5 years. Obviously, complaints still get these establishments inspected.

Most restaurants we eat at still fall under inspections being done at 3 years or annually. Some even every six months. Save the bullshit for someone who won’t call you out.

The headline of your link says it all.

Cmon...be better.

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
If you mean that most folks in Mississippi and Iowa are that same because they worry about their pocketbooks and industries in their state...then you are correct.
Examine where Mississippi is in regards to poverty and education ranking.

Not sure being in the same sentence as Mississippi South is a good thing.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I am pretty distant from Iowa politics, but you all seem to hate the lady. My governor is a democrat, but usually he is a fairly moderate guy- sort of have to be here. But I’d never bash him the way you guys go after Kim.
Because they know a white, female, Republican governor in a state like Iowa is a lock to remain governor for as long as she wants.

This is fair. Some of the stuff at the end seems talky-pointy, but I give you credit for posting about Reynolds in a way that makes me believe your neck veins aren’t about to explode.
Pine is probably the most reasonable, non emotional lib on the board. Art is a close second.

The headline of your link says it all.

Cmon...be better.
It says only what YOU can comprehend. People that actually form opinions around details and facts would read further. But keep being you and ignorant based on partisanship.

The title also says “some”. Which is exactly my point in the post. My gawd you’re dumb.

This criticism of KR needs more scrutiny.

It has already been mentioned, she "primaried" GOP Iowa legislators that voted against her voucher campaign. Of the 8-10 Republicans she attempted to remove, I think Jane Bloomingdale of Northwood was the only one to survive. And the only reason she won was her opponent was incredibly weak. I think her opponent even was at the Capitol riots on January 6th.

Vindictive doesn't even begin to describe Kimberly.

It says only what YOU can comprehend. People that actually form opinions around details and facts would read further. But keep being you and ignorant based on partisanship.

The title also says “some”. Which is exactly my point in the post. My gawd you’re dumb.
I hope you "come up for air" every so often.

Reading your bullshit makes be think that you're a Reynold's campaign staffer.

I'm talking about more than education. The entire spectrum of policy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT