ADVERTISEMENT

Why the Hate on Covid Kim?

This criticism of KR needs more scrutiny.

It has already been mentioned, she "primaried" GOP Iowa legislators that voted against her voucher campaign. Of the 8-10 Republicans she attempted to remove, I think Jane Bloomingdale of Northwood was the only one to survive. And the only reason she won was her opponent was incredibly weak. I think her opponent even was at the Capitol riots on January 6th.

Vindictive doesn't even begin to describe Kimberly.

She's a political zombie at this point. She'll eat her own if it advances her position. Republicans should be absolutely disgusted by what happened in the fall out of the voucher situation. GOP legislators with a brain were pushing back because it was bad for their constituents. Kimmy got all piss pants and used her power to take them out and get in boot lickers. Boot lickers that will advance themselves by bending to Kimmy. Pathetic and small. But that's politics. And I guess those dumbass voters in small town Iowa are getting what they wanted. Go ahead and touch the stove, Jed.

I hope you "come up for air" every so often.

Reading your bullshit makes be think that you're a Reynold's campaign staffer.
Nope. Just someone who understands the entirety of policy and not just headlines. Which you seem to take pride in. Just as dumb as GOPers taking pride in being MAGATs.

Because they know a white, female, Republican governor in a state like Iowa is a lock to remain governor for as long as she wants.
We are about to reelect a 90 year old man who has done nothing for the past 50 years. Work output standards for Iowa Rs seem to be pretty low.

Nope. Just someone who understands the entirety of policy and not just headlines. Which you seem to take pride in. Just as dumb as GOPers taking pride in being MAGATs.
Please go back to the Husker forum where people can tolerate you.

She's a political zombie at this point. She'll eat her own if it advances her position. Republicans should be absolutely disgusted by what happened in the fall out of the voucher situation. GOP legislators with a brain were pushing back because it was bad for their constituents. Kimmy got all piss pants and used her power to take them out and get in boot lickers. Boot lickers that will advance themselves by bending to Kimmy. Pathetic and small. But that's politics. And I guess those dumbass voters in small town Iowa are getting what they wanted. Go ahead and touch the stove, Jed.
I hope I live long enough to watch these small, rural schools in Western and Southern Iowa close once parents get paid to send their kids to Pella Christian and Hull Western Christian.

Cause it's not "if" that happens, it "when" that happens.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Good day, sir. Debating you is like arguing with my wife.
You haven’t debated. You didn’t respond to me correcting the notion that the 5 year per inspection is for a small amount of places in Iowa. Instead you made a dumb comment about the headline that literally back up what I was saying.

That tells me I wasn’t wrong and you got caught with your pants down. Same with crop insurance yesterday. You completely skipped over that part and found a smaller, different thing to piss and moan about. I feel terrible for your wife to be married to someone pissed at EVERYTHING.

I hope I live long enough to watch these small, rural schools in Western and Southern Iowa close once parents get paid to send their kids to Pella Christian and Hull Western Christian.

It’s funny how our MAGA drones won’t touch this one with a ten foot pole. They know it’s wrong…but can’t go against party or Kimmy! And it’s such a stupid hill to die on, especially for Kim. I mean, I get her thumbing her nose at Iowans who care about water because big ag has a lot more money to throw her way. But how big is the private school lobby?!

Credit to @Hawkman34 though for coming to the table and saying something sane though.

I don't agree with Reynolds on this one.

It won't happen either. There are enough rural republican legislators that know that such a bill won't benefit their constituents. Too few rural private schools to make it a viable option. They are simply too far away.

Reactions: Hawkman34

It won't happen either. There are enough rural republican legislators that know that such a bill won't benefit their constituents. Too few rural private schools to make it a viable option. They are simply too far away.
You realize how close the vote was in the last legislative session?

It's gonna happen.

Unless of course her high school level Mean Girl inspired campaign of replacing those who opposed her on it with boot lickers that will kiss the ring is successful. And it will be. It was a pubic hair on a Coke can from making it last time.

In the end, that’s politics I guess. And the dopey voters in the sticks will get what they voted for. ‘Merica!

You haven’t debated. You didn’t respond to me correcting the notion that the 5 year per inspection is for a small amount of places in Iowa. Instead you made a dumb comment about the headline that literally back up what I was saying.

That tells me I wasn’t wrong and you got caught with your pants down. Same with crop insurance yesterday. You completely skipped over that part and found a smaller, different thing to piss and moan about. I feel terrible for your wife to be married to someone pissed at EVERYTHING.
Having to explain stuff, in detail, to you just isn't one of my priorities right now.

I don't know your background in agriculture, but nothing I argued was incorrect.

But I will give you props for being a good Republican foot soldier.

You can have the last word because I'm done with the back and forth.

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
Examine where Mississippi is in regards to poverty and education ranking.

Not sure being in the same sentence as Mississippi South is a good thing.
I did not put them in the same sentence to start. And , I would not put them in the same sentence in that regard.

Nothing quite lij
1. Seriously? She still supports the Trump after everything we know about him?
2. Nope. By taking one of the best education systems in America and turning it into mediocrity. We have only slid in proficiency and national rankings every year she's been governor. Not to mention mass exodus of teachers abd her chronically underfunding schools
3. $2 billion surplus and she still refuses to make a major water push.
4. Taking away the rights of women is a major concern. Reynolds signed a 6 wek ban into law. There is no scientific basis for this.
5. I'll also add she still refuses to legalize marijuana.
6. We have 6 month waiting times for public mental health under her. Unacceptable.
7. Hotel inspections have evaporated under her.
8. Restaurant inspections are now virtually non existent.
9. And our small town continue to die under her.
Nothing says liberal quite like wanting to end the life of a developing fetus on one hand and smoke weed on the other…. Real societal moves toward the positive. More like the markers of a society in decay if you ask me.

It absolutely will happen. It was close last time and a bunch of the objectors were primaried.

I mean I hope you’re right but I don’t see it.

It absolutely will happen. It was close last time and a bunch of the objectors were primaried.

I mean I hope you’re right but I don’t see it.

It won't happen. Any politician in any of these rural areas can simply make the pitch to local voters that there is zero advantage for them personally. Driving 50-75 miles one way is not appealing. The rural legislators know this and the rural residents know this.

It won't happen. Any politician in any of these rural areas can simply make the pitch to local voters that there is zero advantage for them personally. Driving 50-75 miles one way is not appealing. The rural legislators know this and the rural residents know this.
Do you understand how narrow minded rural voters in Iowa really are? Many times they vote against their best interests.

All Terrace Hill has to do is threaten a few dissenters that they will be ousted next cycle and they'll support giving $$$ to rich families to send their kids to private schools.

Reactions: 7 Dunks

No offense….but you’re WAY overestimating the rural voter.

Reactions: MitchLL
I hate her because she's a liar that stands for nothing. She wants to portray herself as a grandma that cares for all Iowans and she's really just a petty, vindictive bitch. I'd respect her more if she was just honest about what she really is. Maybe she doesn't know who she really is so she's whatever she thinks people want her to be. If that's accurate, it would also explain why I hate her. Voting against her, even if it isn't successful, will be something I enjoy.

Amen birch.
"Vindictive" is an apt term.
Those I know who work at or with others in the Capitol consistently share that Reynolds is one of the least intelligent individuals working in that building. I have some particularly close friends who worked with her and others in the Governor's Office on a particular issue (mental health services in the state) which is currently being touted as one of Reynolds' "success" stories. They have a markedly different view on not only the end result but the process and Reynolds' spin on what they perceive to be nothing more than shuffling chairs on the deck of the Titanic.
It is apparently widely understood at the Capitol that her husband Kevin has gone full blown QAnon and he has an influence on her views and goals for the state.
Her administration's hostility to education in the state of Iowa should be an embarrassment to citizens of this State.
She's nothing more than a producer of sound bytes and proficient repeater of broad-based talking points.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Amen birch.
"Vindictive" is an apt term.
Those I know who work at or with others in the Capitol consistently share that Reynolds is one of the least intelligent individuals working in that building. I have some particularly close friends who worked with her and others in the Governor's Office on a particular issue (mental health services in the state) which is currently being touted as one of Reynolds' "success" stories. They have a markedly different view on not only the end result but the process and Reynolds' spin on what they perceive to be nothing more than shuffling chairs on the deck of the Titanic.
It is apparently widely understood at the Capitol that her husband Kevin has gone full blown QAnon and he has an influence on her views and goals for the state.
Her administration's hostility to education in the state of Iowa should be an embarrassment to citizens of this State.
She's nothing more than a producer of sound bytes and proficient repeater of broad-based talking points.
I know a few R legislators and privately, they are not Kim fans but they especially despise her staff, who apparently are just power-hungry a-holes.

The same sentiment applies to Grassley Jr.

The point is that 2nd DUI, which was pleaded down to a misdemeanor, would have prevented her from ever running for public office by Iowa law.

Her corruption started with her personal friend who was the Judge that allowed the plea deal.

To answer your question...her 2 DUIs came only 18 months apart in 2000/2001. She ran a car off the road on 1-35 with BAC of .228.

Perhaps more questions should have been asked from where she was coming when she received the 2nd DUI. “Why was ‘Family Values’ Kim on that stretch of I-35? Who had she been visiting?”

I am assuming you hate seeing us have over a billion dollar surplus.
But who is responsible for this surplus, hex? This is mostly Covid $$ that was sent to Iowa by the Feds but it was not used as Congress/President Trump intended it to be used. It was “sat on” and then “used” to justify reducing Iowa’s income tax rates. There will be some hard decisions coming at Iowans in a few years as we are made to decide what services “the state” will cut so we can afford the tax cuts.

But who is responsible for this surplus, hex? This is mostly Covid $$ that was sent to Iowa by the Feds but it was not used as Congress/President Trump intended it to be used. It was “sat on” and then “used” to justify reducing Iowa’s income tax rates. There will be some hard decisions coming at Iowans in a few years as we are made to decide what services “the state” will cut so we can afford the tax cuts.
You make a decent point but I also appreciate someone in public office that doesn't just spend the money because they have to.

Reactions: Gus is dead
Perhaps more questions should have been asked from where she was coming when she received the 2nd DUI. “Why was ‘Family Values’ Kim on that stretch of I-35? Who had she been visiting?”
For her, "family values" is just a catch phrase that resonates with low IQ Iowans.

Even back then, apparently electing a drunk as a State legislator was not a big deal.

For her, "family values" is just a catch phrase that resonates with low IQ Iowans.

Even back then, apparently electing a drunk as a State legislator was not a big deal.

i’ve been told by a number of different people who don’t know one another that she was returning from a trip to meet aomeone and that meeting wouldn’t be characterized as a family values trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT