ADVERTISEMENT

On today's episode of who's the butthole...

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
As a boater, you don't tie up the launch ramp by tying off your boat where others are trying to launch. This isn't a case of "who got here first", it's case of understanding how to properly launch and load. He should have pulled up, let someone out to get the truck/trailer, then returned once the trailer is in the water.

Reactions: torbee
As a boater, you don't tie up the launch ramp by tying off your boat where others are trying to launch. This isn't a case of "who got here first", it's case of understanding how to properly launch and load. He should have pulled up, let someone out to get the truck/trailer, then returned once the trailer is in the water.

First world problems. If I had to take a position, I would agree with you. Personally, I wouldn’t own a boat unless I had my own slip or spot in the marina.

boat-fail-boat-accident.gif

First world problems. If I had to take a position, I would agree with you. Personally, I wouldn’t own a boat unless I had my own slip or spot in the marina.
Best 2 days in a Texas boater's life? The day they buy the boat and the day they sell it. We lived about a mile from the dock in Lake Co. FL, so we actually got a ton of use out of our boat there. In Texas, though? I think every single lake in the state is man-made, but one (I need to google, that).

I rent for a weekend the last day of summer break every year at the Army Rec Camp.

LOL the saying is that a happy day is one where you finally get that boat you’ve wanted but a happier one is the day you sell it.
I’ve heard that too. With that being said, I want a boat once I get the first kid through college and only have the second on the payroll.

Reactions: goldmom
Ugh I hate the boat ramp drama. When we first got our boat my wife didn't feel comfortable backing the boat down or operating the boat to pull out while I drove the truck. People would yell and it almost came to blows a few times.
We practiced a bunch until she was comfortable.

Ugh I hate the boat ramp drama. When we first got our boat my wife didn't feel comfortable backing the boat down or operating the boat to pull out while I drove the truck. People would yell and it almost came to blows a few times.
Do you know how much a reserved slip at saylorville is? I’m just trying to size up what a realistic cash outlay would be to get in the game.

Definitely the dude tying his boat up. You don't do that.

Not quite the same thing, but close....a few years ago I was fishing on Minnewashta (small lake off of East Okoboji) and they only have 1 single ramp on it. It's always my favorite because it's usually slower than the major ramps over on West and East Lakes so I always go there. When we were getting ready to load up, a large pontoon was in front of us so I just circled the boat back out probably 75 yards from the ramp and hung out for a bit. These idiots got the pontoon loaded, and then pulled up maybe 10 feet to the top of the ramp, and then parked. They then proceeded to start wiping down the boat, and unloading stuff from it into their vehicles (there was probably 5-6 folks on the boat). There was about a 15-20 minute time period where nobody could use the boat ramp at all. By the time they were done, there was myself and 3 other boats waiting out on the lake to get up to the ramp. It was ****ing infuriating. Some people just have no awareness of what's going on around them, and how friggin stupid they truly are/csb/rant

Not quite the same thing, but close....a few years ago I was fishing on Minnewashta (small lake off of East Okoboji) and they only have 1 single ramp on it. It's always my favorite because it's usually slower than the major ramps over on West and East Lakes so I always go there. When we were getting ready to load up, a large pontoon was in front of us so I just circled the boat back out probably 75 yards from the ramp and hung out for a bit. These idiots got the pontoon loaded, and then pulled up maybe 10 feet to the top of the ramp, and then parked. They then proceeded to start wiping down the boat, and unloading stuff from it into their vehicles (there was probably 5-6 folks on the boat). There was about a 15-20 minute time period where nobody could use the boat ramp at all. By the time they were done, there was myself and 3 other boats waiting out on the lake to get up to the ramp. It was ****ing infuriating. Some people just have no awareness of what's going on around them, and how friggin stupid they truly are/csb/rant
That would burn my ass up.

Related, on a Saturday of all days this guy decides to back his boat down the ramp and work on the motor. Needless to say he got an ear full about the time he pulled out the toolbox. He left pretty quick, which was good for his longevity.

Reactions: McLovin32

Some are unaware, some are just plain dickheads who think they kingshit….

I believe there is a website or Twitter page devoted to boat ramp drama and miscues.

Reactions: Moral
They were both wrong, but boater tying off is more wrong. It's simple all you boaters, if you are with someone at a boat launch, you have a job- either back the trailer in, or launch the boat and then GTFOOTW.

No pic wife never could back a trailer in, she could drive a boat off the trailer, drive around while I parked, then pick me up on the dock. We did this and people would look at us like we were aliens.

Also, the majority of our boating prior to NE Iowa was at Sugarbottom boat ramp on the Res.

Did you ever purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnewashta?

Snip-snip

Push it aside. He can swim to go fetch it.

Tough when you are the boat driver and the guy who s got to back up the truck. But if ya gotta tie off don t fuk around tie off get your truck and load boat.

......boat people....

Guy tying off was the biggest ass here.

I have to admit though... I really wanted to see guy back his trailer into the boat in the water. I wanted all of them to lose their possessions

......boat people....

Guy tying off was the biggest ass here.

I have to admit though... I really wanted to see guy back his trailer into the boat in the water. I wanted all of them to lose their possessions
I just wanted that top to fly off.

It's good to have friends that own boats. Pay generously for gas and supplies.

• Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Capt Tie Off for the win of biggest dipshiat. You pull up to drop off someone for the truck/trailer then wait your turn till your trailer is in the water before returning. You don’t do what that douche canoe did by blocking both load and unload. The dude in the pick up is a douche too but he is right about how the ramp works.

The guy with the boat tied off is in the wrong, but the guy backing down to launch is probably the bigger asshole.

I used to have a fishing boat that I launched myself by tying a rope of reasonable length between the boat and trailer then going down the ramp into the water at proper speed, slam the brakes when at depth and the boat slides right off and the rope keeps the boat from getting away while I get out and tie it off. Well, one day I guess I forgot to tie that sucker to the trailer because I dumped it in and she just floated away. Had no other choice but to jump in and swim for it. Never forgot again.

I used to have a fishing boat that I launched myself by tying a rope of reasonable length between the boat and trailer then going down the ramp into the water at proper speed, slam the brakes when at depth and the boat slides right off and the rope keeps the boat from getting away while I get out and tie it off. Well, one day I guess I forgot to tie that sucker to the trailer because I dumped it in and she just floated away. Had no other choice but to jump in and swim for it. Never forgot again.

I do the same. Forgot to tie it off once, but fortunately it was at my neighbors ramp at my lakehouse & not at a river or spot that had current.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
The guy with the boat tied off is in the wrong, but the guy backing down to launch is probably the bigger asshole.

The guy backing down had probably been waiting for a long time so when it came to his turn he didn't want to wait for the idiot who tied up and blocked the ramp.

I watched this - and the guy tying off is at fault because he had a 2nd person with him. You tie off at the courtesy dock, go get the trailer, then wait your turn. That guy also should have trained his woman in both staying with the boat to stage it properly as well as going to fetch the trailer - but that's another issue entirely.

It isn't rocket surgery that they're doing. With practice, anybody can do it.

A busy public boat ramp ain't for amateurs. Have your shit together and there'll be zero headaches - don't have your shit together and stuff like this happens.

I mean, yes the guy backing down was an asshole in some respects - but his assholedness wouldn't have happened had the other guy had his shit together. He absolutely deserved the spot because the guy with the boat didn't have his trailer staged to pull his boat out.

You snooze...you lose.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT