ADVERTISEMENT

On today's episode of who's the butthole...

Boat ramp drama is such a common occurrence, that people hang out at ramps sitting on lawn chairs with coolers full of beer.
There are several youtube people that just hang out and film at boat docks. Though there's one person whose videos I've seen are basically fights he starts when people tell them not to film them from the very close range that he does. He's an asshole that will walk right on the dock with people and start instigating. And then he calls the cops like a little bitch when people react fiercely. Anything for clicks I guess...

I thought going boating was awesome growing up. As an adult I absolutely can't stand boat people.

The guy backing down had probably been waiting for a long time so when it came to his turn he didn't want to wait for the idiot who tied up and blocked the ramp.

Though only an assumption, it's certainly possible. But by doing what he did, he ended up by his truck, with his trailer tires almost in the water, for 10+ minutes, blocking the boat ramp for everyone else, all to prove a point. I guess he really showed them.

Though only an assumption, it's certainly possible. But by doing what he did, he ended up by his truck, with his trailer tires almost in the water, for 10+ minutes, blocking the boat ramp for everyone else, all to prove a point. I guess he really showed them.
So what should the solution be, let the idiot get out of his boat, and go get his trailer. Talk about wasting 10+ minutes while everyone else waits. It doesn't make sense that anyone can just pull up to the dock and block everyone and jump the line.

So what should the solution be, let the idiot get out of his boat, and go get his trailer. Talk about wasting 10+ minutes while everyone else waits. It doesn't make sense that anyone can just pull up to the dock and block everyone and jump the line.

Not sure what the answer is. Do uou think what the guy did worked? If so, what did it accomplish (other than maybe next time the guy in the boat does better - maybe.

Based on how the guy had the boat tied of to the cleats, it's pretty clear he is a novice boater. Maybe offer some friendly advice, or offer a hand. I've done it plenty of times at public ramps. When I'm going out on the boat, I'm going to chill out and have fun, not get into an argument that could've easily turned physical.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
I have nothing to add...everyone knows who is in the wrong (both are dipshits though). I will only say that I do enjoy driving by the launch ramp whenever I leave or return to my slip. There is definitely drama on the weekends, but for the most part...the guys that launch around here Mon-Fri are pros and/or commercial fishermen, and I don't see much of this type of thing. There is more drama on the radio which is pathetic in its own way.

I think the guy should have just politely walked up and said, Hi, sorry to bother you but I'm in a bit of a hurry to get into the water. Could you pull your boat over to the courtesy dock so that myself and others can use the ramp until you've got your trailer ready? That's the common practice here so I just wanted to talk to you quick and make sure you knew about the courtesy dock.

Ugh I hate the boat ramp drama. When we first got our boat my wife didn't feel comfortable backing the boat down or operating the boat to pull out while I drove the truck. People would yell and it almost came to blows a few times.
We practiced a bunch until she was comfortable.
Nice work. My boats stay in the water from April to November, but I’ve been to public ramps countless times and nothing tugs at my heartstrings more than watching a newb trying to back his boat in on a Saturday morning when the line behind him his ten deep with people screaming at him. The nice guy that I am, I’ll calmly walk up and tell him he’s embarrassing his wife and kids right now and to get the f out of the truck and let me do it and comeback on weeknight and practice.

• Haha
Reactions: SF HAWKEYE
Do you know how much a reserved slip at saylorville is? I’m just trying to size up what a realistic cash outlay would be to get in the game.
I don't...I had a friend that would keep his boat there and didn't have a slip. He would call them a couple hours in advance and they bring it down and tie it to the dock and then take it out at the end of the day and store it for you. He would keep it there all winter. That sounds great but I live 30 minutes away and we use our boat in a little no wake lake 5 min away a couple times a week so it didn't make sense for us.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I think the guy should have just politely walked up and said, Hi, sorry to bother you but I'm in a bit of a hurry to get into the water. Could you pull your boat over to the courtesy dock so that myself and others can use the ramp until you've got your trailer ready? That's the common practice here so I just wanted to talk to you quick and make sure you knew about the courtesy dock.

I'll agree with you there. But loading and unloading boats can become stressful when dealing with all the people. As I said in an earlier post, many boaters are like golfers, there's not a lot of patience for beginners. If you want to "join the club" you better be prepared for what you're going to deal with.

It looked like others were coming down the ramp getting involved. I know if I was waiting behind the truck, I'd be telling the guy tied off he was wrong and his selfish stubbornness was holding everyone else up. I'd venture to say the guy was feeling like a turd once he realized it was him vs the world. LOL

If truck guy were to have pulled up, it'd just been the next guy backing down to have gotten into it w/ the "ramp blocker".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT