ADVERTISEMENT

One dead in Yellowstone shooting

sometimes-good-men-have-to-do-real-bad-things-john-dutton.gif

Yes those gun laws that are so affective everywhere. Been to numerous NPs many times over. Never was stopped for a gun. Maybe do a stop and frisk thing you libs hate on the millions that visit every year. That should do it.

Only weak little bitches bring guns to parks.

Where should people bring guns though? Is there anywhere? I don't own any working guns. I'm not into them. You obviously aren't either. But, with each mass shooting, your first thought is to call for more gun control. Is that fair to say? What if you were at a mass shooting event? Or someone you loved? Would you hope that someone, legally carrying, could potentially save lives? Is it possible that guns could be good under some circumstances? Are guns ever ok, Belem?

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Where should people bring guns though? Is there anywhere? I don't own any working guns. I'm not into them. You obviously aren't either. But, with each mass shooting, your first thought is to call for more gun control. Is that fair to say? What if you were at a mass shooting event? Or someone you loved? Would you hope that someone, legally carrying, could potentially save lives? Is it possible that guns could be good under some circumstances? Are guns ever ok, Belem?
Are you asking if I’d want a gun at a mass shooting? Lol no. Out of the thousands of mass shooting how many were stopped by a civilian with a gun?
All semi-autos should be banned and confiscated if anyone actually cared. But grown men care more about their cool toys then their children in America.

Yep...you're hypothetical worked so well in Uvalde.

The vast majority of gun owners would be useless in an active shooter situation. Unless properly trained and mentally ready to take human life a gun is worthless. You are far better off being alert to your surroundings and always being ready to take cover or evade a shooter.

Reactions: BelemNole
Because I’m not a pussy or a hypocrite.
Demographics show that the voting block that keeps us on our course of stupidity is ahifting. It’s why the right has stopped carrying about democracy any only cares about winning.

OK. Answer one question for me: Is there anything wrong with a law-abiding person carrying a concealed gun in a public setting?

The vast majority of gun owners would be useless in an active shooter situation. Unless properly trained and mentally ready to take human life a gun is worthless. You are far better off being alert to your surroundings and always being ready to take cover or evade a shooter.

Do you have stats on that?

Sure, it’s pointless and makes everyone else less safe, but selfish people will never understand.

So, the same mass shooters that you worry and post about are free to do whatever they want without anyone possibly intervening? Is that what you're saying? Just wait for the cops. Whom you also dislike. Just get rid of all guns is your solution. Which won't ever happen.

Reactions: BrianNole777
So, the same mass shooters that you worry and post about are free to do whatever they want without anyone possibly intervening? Is that what you're saying? Just wait for the cops. Whom you also dislike.
I see, you’re under the delusion that you’re the guy who will defy statistics and actually stop a shooting. Well, as long as we’re dealing in fantasy I’m saying get rid of all the guns and I don’t have to worry about your hypothetical.

Do you have stats on that?
You got any showing the massive effectiveness of citizens using guns to defend themselves? I recall one debunked study that the right keeps pushing as fact.
Would you be useful in a mass shooting defending yourself? Name off the posters here you’d feel confident in defending others. There are a couple of cops and ex military here who’d be useful. HORT reflects society.

I see, you’re under the delusion that you’re the guy who will defy statistics and actually stop a shooting. Well, as long as we’re dealing in fantasy I’m saying get rid of all the guns and I don’t have to worry about your hypothetical.

Great. I wouldn't care. It won't ever happen though. So, where do we go from that?

Reactions: BrianNole777
You got any showing the massive effectiveness of citizens using guns to defend themselves? I recall one debunked study that the right keeps pushing as fact.
Would you be useful in a mass shooting defending yourself? Name off the posters here you’d feel confident in defending others. There are a couple of cops and ex military here who’d be useful. HORT reflects society.

Good post. What I can say is that I've been in many settings with a large amount of people. And, I've thought sometimes about what would happen if somebody walked in and opened fire. What would I do? Have you ever had that thought in a crowd of people?

Here's one:

I don't think 50% of those here that have a weapons permit would have the nuts to act correctly if they had to.

Good post. What I can say is that I've been in many settings with a large amount of people. And, I've thought sometimes about what would happen if somebody walked in and opened fire. What would I do? Have you ever had that thought in a crowd of people?
Yes. And, in a nod to your handle, I’ve had it many times at Kinnick. Any major stadium is a kill zone waiting to happen, or more likely, 2-3 gunmen could do incredible destruction 30 minutes before kickoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT