ADVERTISEMENT

Oof! Maybe JD Vance shouldn’t try to tell anymore jokes…

FlickShagwell

HB Legend
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
Political observers on social media are encouraging Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) to stop telling jokes because they keep failing to work for him.

The latest example: Vance was asked Tuesday what he was doing to prepare for the vice presidential debates.

"I have a friend who embellishes and lies a lot, I’m having him stand in for Tim Walz," Vance quipped.

I saw he tried to make a swiss cheese on a philly joke to make fun of Kerry. But that happened like 20 years ago and no one on twitter got the joke. So they were just dragging his ass for being a weirdo ordering swiss cheese on a philly. It was great.
you can tell how much both trump and vance are engaged in this conservative social media content machine

they always reference things that i only ever see the conservative maniacs on this board mention

i don't think they realize these jokes don't really land with people who aren't devoted follwers of that catturd guy

you can tell how much both trump and vance are engaged in this conservative social media content machine

they always reference things that i only ever see the conservative maniacs on this board mention

i don't think they realize these jokes don't really land with people who aren't devoted follwers of that catturd guy

“Too online” is how I’ve heard it described. The first time I heard it was when DeSaster was imploding his presidential campaign.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Political observers on social media are encouraging Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) to stop telling jokes because they keep failing to work for him.

The latest example: Vance was asked Tuesday what he was doing to prepare for the vice presidential debates.

"I have a friend who embellishes and lies a lot, I’m having him stand in for Tim Walz," Vance quipped.

Are you keeping your children in daycare during the DNC so you can be a Marxist keyboard warrior?

Same shit on both ends. Hardcore followers parrot the lines and stats that have been shoveled into their brains and then it starts coming out of the politicians mouths because it drives response from the crowd and drives engagement. Rinse. Repeat.

hey you guys sell something that sucks??

A few weeks ago a reporter asked Vance what made him happy. He could have said family or named a hobby like a normal person, but he answered "taking down fake journalists" & took a shot at Kamala. All their "humor" is punching down or making fun of people. Truly miserable, perpetually aggrieved people.

A few weeks ago a reporter asked Vance what made him happy. He could have said family or named a hobby like a normal person, but he answered "taking down fake journalists" & took a shot at Kamala. All their "humor" is punching down or making fun of people. Truly miserable, perpetually aggrieved people.
He has three small children. “What’s something that makes you smile?” is the softest of softballs.

What we’ve always said here about con humor.

They think Gutfeld and The Babylon Bee are the pinnacle of humor.

In fairness, imagine if Trump was your boss. It’d be a soul destroying experience in every way. People in his orbit just seems miserable. Look at Melania and Barron.

Walz is probably going to embarrass Vance in the debate if Vance is still around.

Vance simply doesn't have any personality.

I’ve always said that while conservatives often think they are funny, and do love telling jokes, they generally lack wit. Stuff like this - they laugh amongst themselves but it’s crude, childish, and a bit mean humor.

Reactions: lucas80
Thumbnail

He has three small children. “What’s something that makes you smile?” is the softest of softballs.
Well, to be fair they aren't white. But, as a husband and dad I guess you make the best of the situation that you can.

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT