ADVERTISEMENT

Open practice set - April 22 (details)

Raise your hand and yes, I get it’s a joke, but raise your hand if you’ve ever been watching a bowl game with a team, running a spread offense that couldn’t get under center and burn clock at the end of the game and lost?!

If you can’t see me, I’ve got my hand raised 100 times!!

In fact, I don’t know how long ago it was, 4 or r 5 years, but I watched Washington state under the old pirate blow a game that they were winning by 19 points in the fourth quarter!!
Raise you hand if you have ever been watching a game where a team that doesnt run a flex offense, and needs to score within 2 minutes and can't...

Raise you hand if you have ever been watching a game where a team that doesnt run a flex offense, and needs to score within 2 minutes and can't...

Dude, as miserable as Iowas offense can be…we’ve seen them run. Hurry up and be able to score, not a good correlation!

We are epically poor now. We have done it!!

wow

so much for the union card!!!

Time to strike!!! ;)

I think this is pretty interesting, considering that not long ago, we had an Iowa QB telling us that it took at least a year and a half for a QB to learn the Iowa offense. Now it looks like we have two guys who have picked up enough in less than 4 months to earn the top two spots on the depth chart.

I think this is pretty interesting, considering that not long ago, we had an Iowa QB telling us that it took at least a year and a half for a QB to learn the Iowa offense. Now it looks like we have two guys who have picked up enough in less than 4 months to earn the top two spots on the depth chart.
That’s because the playbook is actually only two pages. And one of the pages covers special teams.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I don’t remember him catching much in 11v11, but Cade and him had a beautiful 7 v 7 hookup for a touchdown. Some type of deep out I think. It was a beautiful throw and catch.
Well, there's only one and at least he looked good. Knocked three times on the ceiling for luck but I think that's the primary deep ball threat this season. Although, Lachey is going to line up wide and go deep quite a bit. See him with more WR routes than even Sam last year.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Well, there's only one and at least he looked good. Knocked three times on the ceiling for luck but I think that's the primary deep ball threat this season. Although, Lachey is going to line up wide and go deep quite a bit. See him with more WR routes than even Sam last year.
They are going to need to use Lachey as a receiver. Like if it’s a three receiver set maybe have All at tight end, and then Nico, Vines/Anderson, and Lachey at receiver. Got to get your two best receiving athletes on the field, even if they only have one tight end in the formation.

Reactions: littlez
Minnesota Nebraska and Wisconsin spring game on B1G….thanks Brian

Someone needs to explain how it’s Brian’s fault that we’re not on tv for a glorified practice? Teams that held a spring game were on tv, period.

Hold down the chance of more injuries every year maybe?

Forget which year, but Kirk cooled on spring games following a year where multiple RBs in particular went down with serious injuries.

Dumb QBs
Someone needs to explain how it’s Brian’s fault that we’re not on tv for a glorified practice? Teams that held a spring game were on tv, period.

Forget which year, but Kirk cooled on spring games following a year where multiple RBs in particular went down with serious injuries.

Aaahh forgot, 2 for sure, possibly 3! One for the season, 2 lingering, right?!?!

Dumb QBs

Aaahh forgot, 2 for sure, possibly 3! One for the season, 2 lingering, right?!?!

Something like that. I’d like to say one of those was Jermelle Lewis but not positive about that. If memory serves it was the start of the 2004 season that saw us go down to Sam Brownlee for a long stretch of the season.

who is deacon hill? i feel horribly out of the loop.
edit: now i see we picked him from the portal in jan. pro style qb. hmmm…

Anyone that has played football knows that scrimmages — actual scrimmages— are good for player development. You tiny baby.
Yes, because a spring game is the only time a team scrimmages. /s

It's pretty clear you have zero clue what you're talking about, considering these guys do crossovers in every single practice.

Yes, because a spring game is the only time a team scrimmages. /s

It's pretty clear you have zero clue what you're talking about, considering these guys do crossovers in every single practice.
Whenever you see me describing the Never Feretnz Bitter Enders as tics, lice and fleas, think of BF's Bunghole. Even the attempt at snark in the name sounds like a ****ing 8th grader that's addicted to attention. He's more on the crabs or fire ant end of the vermin spectrum.

Great thread Dog. You must be bored to have to mention this crap....Have another beer!!

Whenever you see me describing the Never Feretnz Bitter Enders as tics, lice and fleas, think of BF's Bunghole. Even the attempt at snark in the name sounds like a ****ing 8th grader that's addicted to attention. He's more on the crabs or fire ant end of the vermin spectrum.
Unless you are referring to the little breath fresheners it is spelled ticks. You should probably get it right if it's gonna be your catch phrase you repeat ad nauseum

Repeatedly misspelling such a simple word is almost as dumb as calling fans who have been on this site for decades but are sick of dogshit offense and blatant nepotism "never ferentz bitter enders" after a quarter century. The vast majority just want Kirk to do the right thing on O after all these years and hand it over to someone who can deliver at least average results on that side of the ball with some regularity. .. which he refuses to do

But don't let that reality get in the way of you being a dramatic, hypersensitive little pussy all time. JFC

Last edited:

Cmon now, EVERYTHING here is Brian's fault. It's both predictable, and amusing at the same time....

Unless you are referring to the little breath fresheners it is spelled ticks. You should probably get it right if it's gonna be your catch phrase you repeat ad nauseum

Repeatedly misspelling such a simple word is almost as dumb as calling fans who have been on this site for decades but are sick of dogshit offense and blatant nepotism "never ferentz bitter enders" after a quarter century. The vast majority just want Kirk to do the right thing on O after all these years and hand it over to someone who can deliver at least average results on that side of the ball with some regularity. .. which he refuses to do

But don't let that reality get in the way of you being a dramatic, hypersensitive little pussy all time. JFC

If it irritates you I’m all for it. Honestly brother a tick is something that sucks the life out of someone or something and that is indeed what you in particular do. It makes this board horrifying much of the time.

And really I find Mr Bunghollio much more tolerable than you. I’d stay in the weeds where you belong. I really hope against hope (KF & Iowa football) is your only negative outlet, because otherwise I’m shocked you haven’t been beat with a bag of oranges in your sleep…

The irony of you calling someone hypersensitive about a football team is rich enough to leave alone!

2003, plus several other years. Jermelle Lewis tore ACL in full-speed scrimmage. At Wisconsin, Lee Evans went down with ACL in their Spring game.

There are plenty of ways for top-level athletes get top-level work without an actual game.

My buddy from Wisconsin said that he was bummed to see him go and can throw a ball a mile... just not really accurate.

I still hope Labas gets a fair shot.
Funny that brand new air raid offense and Tanner Mordecai picked 3 times and threw crappy in their "spring game" at Madison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT