ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: Ron DeSantis’s repulsive war on Disney will soon face a reckoning

It doesn’t matter if he is or not...the Miami Herald, the TB Times and the Orlando Slantinel have said it’s all on Ron - and people who apparently have personality issues and persecution complexes are only too happy to spread the 💩.

"personality issues and persecution complexes"....lol

Agree. Parents typically aren’t equipped as well as the school system to talk to young girls about getting pregnant and how to avoid that. My girlfriend (after the fact) told me that pulling out is not an effective birth control plan and why. I doubt her parents supplied her with that knowledge.
I don't think anyone on the left is advocating for kindergarten sex ed. I'm definitely not.

The concern is that this is another example of desantis creating faux outrage about a problem that doesn't exist in any grand way. It's another example of his war on the LGBTQ community.

Reactions: gohawks50
The fact that the bill doesn't say "gay" in it is a silly argument. You are better off arguing the merits of the bill itself.

Jim Crow laws never mentioned African Americans but that's who they were aimed after.

And DeSantis signed this bill into law so he has to take some responsibility in it.

There are *some* on the right that want to take this a step further and use government action against the company because Disney openly disagreed with them. The Dems would rather get rid of the tax breaks because they think the tax breaks in and of themselves are bad policy. Not because they are mad that Disney disagreed with them.

Granted because of the jobs Disney has in the state and the influence they likely have on state politicians I doubt Disney loses their tax breaks. But some on the right do want to weaponize the state against companies that go against them in the culture war.

So why do lefties persist in calling it the don’t say gay bill?
And no other company in Florida has made fools of themselves over this bill like Disney.
In fact the majority of the employees who are so upset are the California folks more so then the Orlando people. And no one is really reporting on the other Disney employees who worry that any falloff or boycott could affect their job security. All because you can’t have a sex curriculum for 5 year olds.
Ten year olds? Fine. Barely out of nursery school? Not so much.

I don't think anyone on the left is advocating for kindergarten sex ed. I'm definitely not.

The concern is that this is another example of desantis creating faux outrage about a problem that doesn't exist in any grand way. It's another example of his war on the LGBTQ community.

It's a manufactured grievance to whip their voters into a frenzy while distracting them from all the money they divert to their big money donors. It's BAU for the right wing power structure all day every day.

Last edited:
We’re all just grateful he has a better teacher than you. And that’s not even a high bar.
No he doesn't. Your grandson would love me. I guess it's time to give your dumbass a reminder since you constantly dismiss how you had your ass handed to you previously...I knew it was smart to save this -

"Hey Goldmom, just wanted to say hello. I'm Tom and I happen to be the publisher of this site. I usually don't venture over here much other than to clean up messes. There was a mess in this thread and well, I had to clean it up and saw this post, so I thought I might provide you with a little insight and well, education, since it appears you are in need of one based on this judgemental post. And let me be very clear, Tom has no idea I am making this post and didn't request me to come here and defend him. I'm doing this on my own as a parent who was fortunate enough to him educate my kids and I could probably bring a couple hundred other parents with me who would back up every word I will write about him as a educator.

My wife and I have two kids. We also happen to be very blessed to live in the school district where @Tom Paris teaches. He was involved in their day to day education for several years. Both kids would tell you that he was one of the best teachers they had during their time at the school and they learned a lot from him and all of it was positive. He's patient, kind, caring, and loves the kids he teaches. While you sit and pass judgement on the education someone received, without having seen him as a teacher, I can speak from experience as a parent that you are incorrect. We were fortunate to have him teach our kids. Perhaps in the future instead of making awful and untrue statement about someone's professional career, you will instead back away from the keyboard and not hit send or engage on what they actually said instead of making a cheap ad hominem attack."

So keep my job out of these threads. You want to attack me some other way? Politically? Fine. Keep how I am with kids out of it. Because I'm really good at working with and coaching kids. The majority of people on this site don't share their jobs...I did. So again...let it be. Please.

Okay, what war? There is no war on the LGBTQ - I sincerely don’t understand how this gets spun into something it’s not.

As I said before your work in the Ukrainian thread is AWESOME, so run with that. It’s much appreciated. 🇺🇸🇺🇦

My work on DeathSantis is just as good. Some day, you will look back and realize this.

So why do lefties persist in calling it the don’t say gay bill?
And no other company in Florida has made fools of themselves over this bill like Disney.
In fact the majority of the employees who are so upset are the California folks more so then the Orlando people. And no one is really reporting on the other Disney employees who worry that any falloff or boycott could affect their job security. All because you can’t have a sex curriculum for 5 year olds.
Ten year olds? Fine. Barely out of nursery school? Not so much.

Because the intention of the bill is to limit the conversation around alternative sexual orientations. It's plainly obvious. Something to keep in mind is that these laws directly punish school employees. They are not curriculum guidance from the Department of education but direct punishments on school employees. So that pushes said school employees to avoid the topic even when it's appropriate because they are not sure when the courts will decide that it's appropriate.

If this was a real worry about kids getting age inappropriate instruction than the legislature or governor could have simply ordered the department of education to clarify the curriculum on it. They did not do that. Instead they made a law that directly punishes school employees. Since the law does not define what age appropriate is it leaves employees afraid to broach the topic at all for fear of punishment.

That and the same reason that the right labeled the Affordable Care Act "Obamacare"

Agree. Parents typically aren’t equipped as well as the school system to talk to young girls about getting pregnant and how to avoid that. My girlfriend (after the fact) told me that pulling out is not an effective birth control plan and why. I doubt her parents supplied her with that knowledge.
😂. Pull out and pray...🙏

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Because the intention of the bill is to limit the conversation around alternative sexual orientations. It's plainly obvious.

That and the same reason that the right labeled the Affordable Care Act "Obamacare"
No they’re limiting ALL conversations about sex, period. Are you not comprehending that?

Reactions: Hawkman34
No they’re limiting ALL conversations about sex, period. Are you not comprehending that?

I think the law specifies sexual orientation.

And even if you are correct. . . you think this is a good thing? You want to go back to 1990's teen pregnancy rates?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Okay, what war? There is no war on the LGBTQ - I sincerely don’t understand how this gets spun into something it’s not.
  • Don't say gay bill
  • Threats to Disney's special status because of their non-support of don't say gay.
  • Issuing statewide proclamation against trans swimmer Lia Thomas because she won a swimming race

Those were just off the top my head. And then there's this story from the Orlando Sentinel: desantis War On LGBTQ

😂. Pull out and pray...🙏
She had an irregular period and the stress prolonged the onset of her menstruation. She said she go away and have the baby, so I conditionally proposed. Fortunately, things worked out and I married a different woman.

Reactions: goldmom
  • Don't say gay bill
  • Threats to Disney's special status because of their non-support of don't say gay.
  • Issuing statewide proclamation against trans swimmer Lia Thomas because she won a swimming race

Those were just off the top my head. And then there's this story from the Orlando Sentinel: desantis War On LGBTQ
1. The bill does not contain the word gay.
2. Disney’s special status was written 53 years ago and probably would never pass today. Are you aware that if they want to build a nuclear power plant that agreement permits it? 😱
3. The biological woman who would have won the race outright was from Florida and was a nod to her victory that a man - who still has his c..k and his balls - basically stole.
You ever date a girl with a schlong? No problem if that’s how you roll.
And the Orlando Sentinel is as liberal and leftist as the Miami Herald.

She had an irregular period and the stress prolonged the onset of her menstruation. She said she go away and have the baby, so I conditionally proposed. Fortunately, things worked out and I married a different woman.

Put a raincoat on that thing and no worries!

It's a manufactured grievance to whip their voters into a frenzy while distracting them from all the money they divert to their big money donors. It's BAU for the right wing power structure all day every day.
And their simpleton voters fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME. We try to tell them...but nope, can't get through the narrative built by the cult leaders.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
1. The bill does not contain the word gay.
2. Disney’s special status was written 53 years ago and probably would never pass today. Are you aware that if they want to build a nuclear power plant that agreement permits it? 😱
3. The biological woman who would have won the race outright was from Florida and was a nod to her victory that a man - who still has his c..k and his balls - basically stole.
You ever date a girl with a schlong? No problem if that’s how you roll.
And the Orlando Sentinel is as liberal and leftist as the Miami Herald.
You asked me a question about why the governor is getting dogged with a "war on LGBTQ" narrative, and I illustrated it for you. You don't have to get so upset about it. And no, of course I haven't dated a girl with a penis. Thanks for degrading an otherwise decent conversation.

You might not like the narrative, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

From your remarks above.
1. Not sure why that's relevant. It's nothing new for politically opposed groups to label new bills moving through the process. Does the Affordable Care Act Contain the word Obamacare?
2. Yes, I was aware of the nuclear plant, but that point also is irrelevant. The fact is, the governor wants to strip Disney's status SOLELY for their opposition to his bill. That's a bullshit move and it come back to bite him.
3. Whether the Sentinel or the Herald are liberal/leftist/Commy rags is completely irrelevant. They're major news sources in your state, reporting on your governor. They have wide-ranging credibility. Again, your disagreement with the narrative is meaningless. But the narrative exists.

You asked me a question about why the governor is getting dogged with a "war on LGBTQ" narrative, and I illustrated it for you. You don't have to get so upset about it. And no, of course I haven't dated a girl with a penis. Thanks for degrading an otherwise decent conversation.

From your remarks above.
1. Not sure why that's relevant. It's nothing new for politically opposed groups to label new bills moving through the process. Does the Affordable Care Act Contain the word Obamacare?
2. Yes, I was aware of the nuclear plant, but that point also is irrelevant. The fact is, the governor wants to strip Disney's status SOLELY for their opposition to his bill. That's a bullshit move and it come back to bite him.
3. Whether the Sentinel or the Herald are liberal/leftist/Commy rags is completely irrelevant. They're major news sources in your state, reporting on your governor. They have wide-ranging credibility. Again, your disagreement with the narrative is meaningless. But the narrative exists.
She won't get it.

No he doesn't. Your grandson would love me. I guess it's time to give your dumbass a reminder since you constantly dismiss how you had your ass handed to you previously...I knew it was smart to save this -

"Hey Goldmom, just wanted to say hello. I'm Tom and I happen to be the publisher of this site. I usually don't venture over here much other than to clean up messes. There was a mess in this thread and well, I had to clean it up and saw this post, so I thought I might provide you with a little insight and well, education, since it appears you are in need of one based on this judgemental post. And let me be very clear, Tom has no idea I am making this post and didn't request me to come here and defend him. I'm doing this on my own as a parent who was fortunate enough to him educate my kids and I could probably bring a couple hundred other parents with me who would back up every word I will write about him as a educator.

My wife and I have two kids. We also happen to be very blessed to live in the school district where @Tom Paris teaches. He was involved in their day to day education for several years. Both kids would tell you that he was one of the best teachers they had during their time at the school and they learned a lot from him and all of it was positive. He's patient, kind, caring, and loves the kids he teaches. While you sit and pass judgement on the education someone received, without having seen him as a teacher, I can speak from experience as a parent that you are incorrect. We were fortunate to have him teach our kids. Perhaps in the future instead of making awful and untrue statement about someone's professional career, you will instead back away from the keyboard and not hit send or engage on what they actually said instead of making a cheap ad hominem attack."

So keep my job out of these threads. You want to attack me some other way? Politically? Fine. Keep how I am with kids out of it. Because I'm really good at working with and coaching kids. The majority of people on this site don't share their jobs...I did. So again...let it be. Please.

I already had a lot of respect for you before reading this. Impressive! Your students are lucky to have you as their teacher.

From your remarks above.
None of that constitutes a “war” on a group of human beings, despite their assertions used to create a culture of grievances that do not exist. None. Zero.
There is no “war”. Period.

Reactions: NCHawk5

kind-of-a-big-deal-anchorman.gif

She won't get it.

You know I generally do my best to ignore your hysterical and overly emotional posts but I must ask:
How do you manage to be a teacher of little ones and do a good job with all the time you spend on this board during school hours?
And you’re so angry when you do it, too.
I would be very upset if my child were under your care and instruction.
Be better.

@TomParis:
Do you not realize you just outed yourself as a tattletale?

I’m not the ONLY ONE who has asked or remarked about you as a teacher. And you know it. You’re angry all the time and name calling runs through every post you make - and not just me. My God you are borderline disturbed.

I think the law specifies sexual orientation.

And even if you are correct. . . you think this is a good thing? You want to go back to 1990's teen pregnancy rates?

I wonder why you still don’t seem to realize that the bill addresses ONLY K-3 classrooms-are 5 year olds in danger of becoming pregnant?

None of that constitutes a “war” on a group of human beings, despite their assertions used to create a culture of grievances that do not exist. None. Zero.
There is no “war”. Period.
There really is. As evidenced by the shiny new legislation the governor just signed. And mark my words, today won't be the last day you hear about the Florida Governor's War On LGBTQ. It's very real. In fact, Google basically auto-fills DeSantis War On LGBTQ once you get to the word "War."

Lol.

Reactions: gohawks50
There really is. As evidenced by the shiny new legislation the governor just signed. And mark my words, today won't be the last day you hear about the Florida Governor's War On LGBTQ. It's very real. In fact, Google basically auto-fills DeSantis War On LGBTQ once you get to the word "War."

Lol.
For what conceivable reason is there a “war” on persons who are LGBTQ?
I’m sure it autofills with left wing accusations and “journalistic” hissy fits.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Are you actually trying to be serious with this question or has Trad been teaching you contrarian trolling?
Stop with the silly shots.
What “war”????
I wouldn’t know Trad if I passed him on I-95.

You know I generally do my best to ignore your hysterical and overly emotional posts but I must ask:
How do you manage to be a teacher of little ones and do a good job with all the time you spend on this board during school hours?
And you’re so angry when you do it, too.
I would be very upset if my child were under your care and instruction.
Be better.
Asked and answered. When I’m on in the morning I’m at work off the clock. I check in, probably because I’m addicted to this silly site during the time between each class. Lunch. My prep varies. Sometimes I’m waiting for online learning kids to contact me.
Now, we also know you wouldn’t say one goddamn thing to me if I was a MAGA, like you. You wouldn’t care. Also, why don’t you complain about EVERY OTHER POSTER who is on this site on the company dime? Because there are 100 others. Nope. Just me. Apparently it still didn’t sink in…no matter what you or the other Republicans on here think, I’m pretty good at what I do. Kids love me. Because they know I care about them. Again, stop being a hypocritical snowflake because you don’t like my stances and until you start bringing up everyone else’s job, which most hide, leave mine out of the conversation. Thank you.

So how long is Kellyann in jail for?
That’s right you small brained person, she was not. Keep up your weak inaccuracies and responses. You’re gonna make it someday I’m sure. 🤤
people in powerful positions aren’t held accountable.

Keep defending scummy behavior and defending the distribution of nude images of a minor because Team Red.

youre a disgusting person

@TomParis:
Do you not realize you just outed yourself as a tattletale?

I’m not the ONLY ONE who has asked or remarked about you as a teacher. And you know it. You’re angry all the time and name calling runs through every post you make - and not just me. My God you are borderline disturbed.
Holy shit. Now you can’t read. Tattletale? He addressed that specifically. Angry all the time? No. Sometimes I get a laugh at some of you. Other times I’m just irritated that people like yourself are ruining the country.

The best part of this post of yours, again, is your projection and complete lack of any self awareness. Multiple people point this out to you. But you’ll never get it.

Reactions: DonVito2740
Florida was a different world in 1967 - Dems firmly in control of the Legislature and every local government. They were thrilled beyond belief that Walt Disney wanted to build a park literally in the middle of nowhere (at the time).
I do wonder if that deal could get through now. The Reedy Creek District created an ability to be a self governing body for Disney. It granted them unprecedented rights - airport? No problem. A nuclear power plant? Sure!
Disney has suspended all political contributions by the way. It’s their right.

The pushback is hysteria created largely by a group of mostly California park employees by the way. We’re still waiting for researchers to look at the tiniest fine print to find the word “gay” in the bill, which the Governor didn’t write OR request to be written. But since he’s such a fearsome prospect for ‘24 he must be destroyed!!!
Facts and truth be damned! Ignorance must continue! Kindergarten kids must be taught all about sexuality!

What does sexual orientation mean?

Talking sexuality is not blocked by the bill. They target sexual orientation and gender identity. Everything else is allowed.
And it only bans it in K-3.

A lot of gaslighting in regards to this bill....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT