ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: The Democrats Are Choosing White Liberals Over Black and Hispanic Americans. And We Know It

Just curious, how can you "double down on wokeism" and choose "white liberals over Blacks and Hispanics" at the same time?
Because there are a ton of stupid liberals who think that Blacks and Hispanics care more about defunding police, quotas, HR policies, the 1619 project and letting illegals roam free than they do the price of gas and beef. Hence doubling down on wokism and not focusing on the things that Blacks and Hispanics actually feel they need.

So, when a guy gets fired because some out of state atheist group complains that he went off on his own and prayed after a game, who is that putting the dumb shit on the forefront? That shit’s been going on a lot longer than the CRT nonsense and Dems have been fully on board.

You know…maybe all of those Christian anti-abortion Blacks and Hispanics think “a night of rage” might be a slight over-reaction to kicking abortion back to the states. Who knows?

Maybe when those groups largely feel the impact of high gas prices on a daily basis and the President meets with windmill execs, while snubbing the oil execs in town to talk with him, maybe they see that Dems DON’T have their best interest in mind.

You might want to stop and understand that you’re in a small minority that think the windmill meeting was more important. And even though you may be correct, it’s also very possible that’s not how all Blacks and Hispanics see it, hence them jumping the Democrat ship.
It’s so funny to watch you ALWAYS assume me your enemy. You’re a fúcking idiot, FAUlty. You presumed my dumb label was singularly aimed at cons. Lol. You’re such an emotion-first fool.

If I had a dime for every article written in the last 15 years that has said “Oh my god, we are staring down generational dominance by the (Pick A Party). The (Pick A Party) will never be in the majority again.

Talk about a short attention span society………
It's a truly odd take whenever a columnist decides Americans have made up their minds when the highest turnout this century is 2/3 of the eligible voting population.

Yeah, on a day like today I'm thinking to myself - man it's the democrats who are really out of touch with the people.

It’s so funny to watch you ALWAYS assume me your enemy. You’re a fúcking idiot, FAUlty. You presumed my dumb label was singularly aimed at cons. Lol. You’re such an emotion-first fool.
I never assume you my enemy. I have no enemies on here.

You quoted the article commenting Blacks and Hispanics are onto Dems nonsense with “Because America is flat stupid.” And I countered with why this could be the case.

Where we end up usually differing is when someone decides a Jefferson statue needs to come down, I call it stupid. And you point out that my calling it stupid is the problem. That I’m the one “focusing on those unimportant issues”. When the reality is that I’m just doing what you’re doing one step earlier. Pointing out that there are people who are focusing on the stupid issues.

Reactions: seminoleed
"Wokeism" is such a bullshit bogeyman. It's laughable that idiots fall for it. All you can think is what Tucker Carlson and his ilk tell you to think.

Please Just F---ing Tell Me What Term I Am Allowed to Use for the Sweeping Social and Political Changes You Demand​

you don't get to insist that no one talks about your political project and it's weak and pathetic that you think you do​

Freddie deBoer
Nov 8, 2021

You know personally I’ve been achingly specific about my critiques of social justice politics, but fine - no woke, it’s a “dogwhistle” for racism. (The term “dogwhistle” is a way for people to simply impute attitudes you don’t hold onto you, to make it easier to dismiss criticism, for the record.) But the same people say there’s no such thing as political correctness, and they also say identity politics is a bigoted term. So I’m kind of at a loss. Also, they propose sweeping changes to K-12 curricula, but you can’t call it CRT, even though the curricular documents specifically reference CRT, and if you do you’re an idiot and also you’re a racist cryptofascist. Also nobody (nobody!) ever advocated for defunding the police, and if they did it didn’t actually mean defunding the police. Seems to be a real resistance to simple, comprehensible terms around here. Serwer is a guy who constantly demands that he and his allies be allowed to do politics on easy mode, but he’s just part of a broader communal rejection of basic self-definition and comprehensible terms for this political tendency. Also if you say things they don’t like they might try to beat you up. Emphasis on try.

If you ask these people, are you part of a social revolution?, they’ll loudly tell you yes! Yes they are! They’re going to shake society at its very foundations. Well, OK then -what do I call your movement? You reject every name that organically develops! I’ll use the name you pick, but you have to actually pick one. You can’t just bitch on Twitter every time someone tries to describe your political cohort, which again you yourself say intends to change the world. Name yourself or you will be named.

The basic stance of the social justice set, for a long time now, has been that they are 100% exempt from ordinary politics. BlackLivesMatter proponents have spent a year and a half acting as though their demand for justice is so transcendently, obviously correct that they don’t have to care about politics. When someone like David Shor gently says that they in fact do have to care about politics, and points out that they’ve accomplished nothing, they attack him rather than do the work of making their positions popular. Well, sooner or later, guys, you have to actually give a shit about what people who aren’t a part of your movement think. Sorry. That’s life. The universe is indifferent to your demand for justice, and will remain so until you bother to try to change minds. Nobody gives you what you want. That’s not how it works. Do politics. Think and speak strategically. Be disciplined. Work harder. And for ****’s sake, give me a simple term to use to address you. Please? Because right now it sure looks like you don’t want to be named because you don’t want to be criticized.

Edit: I might not have underlined this point enough - I sincerely am asking for a better term and would happily use one if offered. If woke, political correctness, identity politics, etc, are inflammatory terms, I'd be happy to substitute something that's not. But surely something is happening in our politics, and we have to be able to talk about it. So I'm asking for a name.

Because there are a ton of stupid liberals who think that Blacks and Hispanics care more about defunding police, quotas, HR policies, the 1619 project and letting illegals roam free than they do the price of gas and beef. Hence doubling down on wokism and not focusing on the things that Blacks and Hispanics actually feel they need.
I'm sure the blacks and hispanics are very happy to have you vociferously telling everyone what they think, want and need. What a tremendous service you are providing!

I'm sure the blacks and hispanics are very happy to have you vociferously telling everyone what they think, want and need. What a tremendous service you are providing!
Don't you and others do this everyday, almost every post? Iowan's should want/need/expect this, blacks and hispanics should vote this way.
Is it that difficult to understand that people view the world differently than you do?

Reactions: ICHerky
Well, the Dems have been doing it for them for 60 years…ending with the flourish of the Dem president telling them they’re not really black if they don’t vote for him.

You and Belem can sign onto that shit, but every black friend I have believes that is just about the worst thing that can be said to and about them. Maybe you should ask your black friends how they feel about only being black if they vote for the correct old white guy.

The polls are telling you what they want.

Please Just F---ing Tell Me What Term I Am Allowed to Use for the Sweeping Social and Political Changes You Demand​

you don't get to insist that no one talks about your political project and it's weak and pathetic that you think you do​

Freddie deBoer
Nov 8, 2021

You know personally I’ve been achingly specific about my critiques of social justice politics, but fine - no woke, it’s a “dogwhistle” for racism. (The term “dogwhistle” is a way for people to simply impute attitudes you don’t hold onto you, to make it easier to dismiss criticism, for the record.) But the same people say there’s no such thing as political correctness, and they also say identity politics is a bigoted term. So I’m kind of at a loss. Also, they propose sweeping changes to K-12 curricula, but you can’t call it CRT, even though the curricular documents specifically reference CRT, and if you do you’re an idiot and also you’re a racist cryptofascist. Also nobody (nobody!) ever advocated for defunding the police, and if they did it didn’t actually mean defunding the police. Seems to be a real resistance to simple, comprehensible terms around here. Serwer is a guy who constantly demands that he and his allies be allowed to do politics on easy mode, but he’s just part of a broader communal rejection of basic self-definition and comprehensible terms for this political tendency. Also if you say things they don’t like they might try to beat you up. Emphasis on try.

If you ask these people, are you part of a social revolution?, they’ll loudly tell you yes! Yes they are! They’re going to shake society at its very foundations. Well, OK then -what do I call your movement? You reject every name that organically develops! I’ll use the name you pick, but you have to actually pick one. You can’t just bitch on Twitter every time someone tries to describe your political cohort, which again you yourself say intends to change the world. Name yourself or you will be named.

The basic stance of the social justice set, for a long time now, has been that they are 100% exempt from ordinary politics. BlackLivesMatter proponents have spent a year and a half acting as though their demand for justice is so transcendently, obviously correct that they don’t have to care about politics. When someone like David Shor gently says that they in fact do have to care about politics, and points out that they’ve accomplished nothing, they attack him rather than do the work of making their positions popular. Well, sooner or later, guys, you have to actually give a shit about what people who aren’t a part of your movement think. Sorry. That’s life. The universe is indifferent to your demand for justice, and will remain so until you bother to try to change minds. Nobody gives you what you want. That’s not how it works. Do politics. Think and speak strategically. Be disciplined. Work harder. And for ****’s sake, give me a simple term to use to address you. Please? Because right now it sure looks like you don’t want to be named because you don’t want to be criticized.

Edit: I might not have underlined this point enough - I sincerely am asking for a better term and would happily use one if offered. If woke, political correctness, identity politics, etc, are inflammatory terms, I'd be happy to substitute something that's not. But surely something is happening in our politics, and we have to be able to talk about it. So I'm asking for a name.
How about "Don't Be a Dickism?" Will that work for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT