ADVERTISEMENT

OT baseball

Originally posted by Cougar63:

Originally posted by KcRoyals13:

Originally posted by Cougar63:
If Iowa makes the tournament this year and makes it to Omaha, I might have to switch an entire week of schedules with people to get to watch the tournament.
Iowa has not made NCAA postseason play since 1990. Baby steps. Reaching the CWS is not a realistic goal right now.
But, dammit, I'm tired of being an LSU fan in baseball.

TD Ameritrade is no Rosenblatt, but I enjoy the atmosphere down town differently. Blatt's fries suck though.
Agreed. The whole atmosphere feels so corporate now. It's too bad because Rosenblatt was great. Disagree on the Blatt's fries though! Fried in duck fat....
smokin.r191677.gif

maybe the fries I had last Saturday before the UNO game were old, then. My Blatt burger with bacon and cheese was fantastic, though.

I ate lunch at the Blatt on the first day of the B1G baseball tournament and I thought it sucked. The food in the club section of TD Ameritrade was much better.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

I have seen it in the pro's, teams get on a roll scoring and it just not stop. I have seen Professional team score 10+ points in one inning, so what if IA had it happen to them, IA does not have the talent of the NY Yankees.

oh by the way IA just lost their 3rd in a row, are you ready to fire Heller now, cruhawk? shit happens deal with it.
What are you....about ten y/o?

you mad cru because I called you out on a loss by IA? don't like my response then don't make that silly claim you just made about how lost that game, its amazing how just 1 swing of the bat after a error can change the outcome of that game, as the batter after that error hit a grand slam, all the runs after that error were UNEARNED RUN.
never followed College ball but I did follow the Dodger when Kofax, Fernando, Hershizer were all piching for the Dodgers, my favorite infield of all time was this combination
1st Base Steve Garvey
2nd base Steve Sax
SS Davie Lopez
3rd base Ron Cey

oh by the way IA lost at Kansas Friday, IA in their last 7 games is 3-4 bringing their road record to 4-4 on the season.

I like the Blatts food, but I understand what you are saying. It's not really a "grab a burger" type place.

The other place by there, the mattress factory or w/e? I like their food and thought it was much better than what The Blatt has.

Originally posted by Hawk12345:

Originally posted by whatsup12579er:

That is more of a case of the register blindly supporting ISU athletics 110% and throwing Iowa under the bus than it is our lackluster athletic dept
I don't for one minute believe that the Register chooses to print the scores for Loras, Luther, and Coe, but then deliberately omits the scores of the Iowa team. My guess is that Iowa's athletic department doesn't provide that information to the Register in a timely manner.

Reporters are lazy like anyone else. If you make their job easy by providing them with story ideas, they will use them. My daughters played non-football/basketball sports in the Des Moines area. I once asked a Register reporter why they never covered any of these "other" sports. I was told that they would write about these sports if they had the information. So, after that, before the two or three biggest meets/games of the year, I would send a note to the Register explaining what they should cover and why. Every single time that I did this, the Register wrote a story. I can't believe that if the athletic department at Iowa is providing the Register with story ideas about the baseball team, that the Register is going to blow off every single one of these story ideas month after month. My guess is that the athletic department is not doing anything to promote the baseball team and other non-revenue sports on a statewide basis.
If you really believe that scores are not being printed because Iowa doesn't sent them in then contact the Iowa department responsible for doing that. And I say scores because that is what I have noticed, lack of scores. Let's start with scores because that is the basics. I did remember reading an article about Heller and the baseball team last year. I find it hard to believe that the coaches of the respective sports would keep silent if Iowa did not send in the scores. That is those who are familiar with the Register and its old motto (outdated), "The Newspaper Iowa Depends on"

Mattress Factory is pretty good, more traditional bar food. Really hope the Big Ten tournament anchors itself Omaha in the future, there is really no reason for it not too. Last year was fun, seems like Big Ten baseball is slowly getting better, more fans should come out.

IA goes 2-1 vs Kansas, anybody care to explain to me just how good or bad Kansas is in Baseball? to give me a idea of how good this team may actually be.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

IA goes 2-1 vs Kansas, anybody care to explain to me just how good or bad Kansas is in Baseball? to give me a idea of how good this team may actually be.
Kansas is picked to finish sixth in the B12 this year. They made the NCAA Tournament last year but lost much of their pitching staff. Nice series for the Hawks over a decent opponent but the real test will begin this weekend against Indiana. on which publication you look it there are as many as three teams in the top 25 and I'm not sure the conference has been this deep in decades.

Nice to see the Hawks fielding a competitive team. I truly believe that a coach in baseball is more important than any other sport when looking for success.

Hawks have a winner now, I believe Heller is the real deal. Look for great things from the Hawks in the future. May have to drive down to Ann Arbor to catch them in early May.

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT