ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Iowa St vs Texas Tech game

138clhawk

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2017

I saw this on ESPN.com that the Texas Tech radio announcers weren't happy with the officials during their game vs Iowa State. So they bashed the officials, which I get, saying they made some bad calls, but then they proceeded to read the all of the officials names during their broadcast. I think that is VERY poor sportsmanship and can be dangerous, what is their point to reading the names other than to make those officials get some backlash from the public?!?! People going on social media, vandalism, etc. I also understand you can get the officials names from the official box score, but to be on the radio rooting for a specific team and basically everyone listening to you is also rooting for that team and then you bash someone and basically say they are against you and ripping you off and then say their name(s) that can lead to some very bad ideas and actions by fans / fanatics.

The other dumb thing is one announcer tweeted a photo questioning a bad call about a fumble, well a photo doesn't really prove anything especially a fumble, you need a video to see the whole thing, weather he had possession and how much the ball was moving and when.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News