ADVERTISEMENT

OT...ISU adds wing to 2015 Class

I saw one in Iowa City and the cyclones spread the floor and whoever had the best matchup took it to the rim or got fouled and absolutely destroyed the Hawkeyes. Very impressive by the cyclones that night and I don't know what happened to Iowa but they absolutely could not guard. Saw Hoyburger go to this in other games as well, much to his success. Did YOU watch any of the games last year?

You specifically said Monte in your post but now you are talking about individual matchups. You moved the target. Fred frequently exploited matchups but running Monte with a 4 out was pretty infrequent.

You guys are probably arguing about different things.

I do think Monte will be isolated more this year, rather than less, under a new coach.

You specifically said Monte in your post but now you are talking about individual matchups. You moved the target. Fred frequently exploited matchups but running Monte 1 on 1 was very infrequent.
Gesell could not check Monte that night and they went to that often. If they stopped doing that other games then I will defer to your good judgement over mine as I did not see as many games as you probably watched.

Sounds like offenses will be pretty similar, and considering isu has consistently had one of the best offenses in CBB I'm thrilled about it.

I'm thrill about Fran's upgrade on athletes and defenses, esp like Hutton, Wagner, and others. IA will have sufficient players to stop Monte and others penetrating this year and beyond.

I'm thrill about Fran's upgrade on athletes and defenses, esp like Hutton, Wagner, and others. IA will have sufficient players to stop Monte and others penetrating this year and beyond.

Yes, a couple of freshmen will be able to stop one of the best Point Guards in the country just because they are "Athletic". Goodness...

It's call a game for a reason, experience matters but athletes can overcome easier on defense versus offense. Getting excited for IA's future and ISU's downward trajectory!

Gesell could not check Monte that night and they went to that often. If they stopped doing that other games then I will defer to your good judgement over mine as I did not see as many games as you probably watched.
Yes, the Iowa game Monte had his way and they went to that well often. During the season not nearly as much. He was more of a distributer and other guys worked off mismatches. I look for him to look to score much more this year per Prohm's previous record with PGs.

I'm not sure Monte' is a first rounder, however. He feels like a guy who could play in the NBA a long time but not as a starter and not as a 1st rounder.

Yes, the Iowa game Monte had his way and they went to that well often. During the season not nearly as much. He was more of a distributer and other guys worked off mismatches. I look for him to look to score much more this year per Prohm's previous record with PGs.

I'm not sure Monte' is a first rounder, however. He feels like a guy who could play in the NBA a long time but not as a starter and not as a 1st rounder.
I guess I like him more than you do. If he ups his scoring this season and can hit the three with respectable accuracy I think he is a late first rounder.

I guess I like him more than you do. If he ups his scoring this season and can hit the three with respectable accuracy I think he is a late first rounder.
It wouldn't surprise me but I'm leaning "no". Hope I'm wrong and he has a first round season. I couldn't like him more...as a college player.

It wouldn't surprise me but I'm leaning "no". Hope I'm wrong and he has a first round season. I couldn't like him more...as a college player.

I just don't think he is a good enough athlete to warrant a first round pick but I hope he gets it.

If the NBA drafts as many point guards next year as they did in 2015 I think Monte Morris has an excellent chance of being drafted in the first round.

6 PG's and 1 PG/SG were drafted in the first round this year and I think MM is considered at least in the top 6 point guards going into this season. However it's a double edged sword because with the number drafted this year I would be surprised if the teams need that many point guards next year. Something else that figures into that is foreign players that we never heard of are drafted which cuts down the US players drafted to less than 30 in the first round.

The second point guard drafted this year was the #7 pick from China and the #4 and #5 picks weren't point guards but they were from Spain and the #26 pick was from Serbia.

We always have to figure Kentucky is going to get more than their share of players drafted in the first round and this year they had four the number 1-6-12 and 13 picks.

The third overall point guard drafted this year was Payne from Murray State whose coach was none other than the new ISU coach Prohm who also has had another point guard drafted in his four or five year stint at Murray State. I wonder how little known teams like that can recruit that caliber of player or if in this case Prohm developed those two point guards to be NBA draft picks. I would venture a guess MM is as good of a point guard as Payne.

Normally I don't mind when news of another team's recruits is posted, but as is usually the case, whenever Moo U is mentioned, it brings the red and yellow roaches out of the woodwork. For being such little fellas, they love to beat their chests and talk smack.

Reactions: lenoxhawks
Selfishly I hope Monte is told he's not a first rounder so he stays for his 4th year. however, I think he'll have a good NBA career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT