ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers for my beloved dad

We had to put him in hospice at home yesterday . 😥 He has kidney failure. He was my big fishing buddy. He is 86 and his birthday is in December . Really tearing me up . I have cried so much I could fill up the ocean . My mom just turned 87 last Saturday. i know he will be in heaven with my sister that past away with Cancer in 2014 .Love ya dad 😢 I thought the mods would let me do this on a off week . If not they coukld possibly move this to the off topic board HORT
Sorry pepsicock. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

• Love
Reactions: pepsicock
Thank you for sharing, P/C. So very difficult, I know. Take solace in all the above comments from people across the country you've never met, but can share with your sorrow. Special memories forever.

That's rough @pepsicock. My dad just turned 81 a couple days ago. In fairly good health but that can be a week to week thing when they are that age. And like @kceasthawk, after moving out of the state my dad is my go to for talking all things Hawkeyes. Here's to a celebration of life. A man's heritage isn't necessarily what he does while on the earth but the people that are affected by those he left behind. Your father sounds like a great man! Thank God for those such as he!

We had to put him in hospice at home yesterday . 😥 He has kidney failure. He was my big fishing buddy. He is 86 and his birthday is in December . Really tearing me up . I have cried so much I could fill up the ocean . My mom just turned 87 last Saturday. i know he will be in heaven with my sister that past away with Cancer in 2014 .Love ya dad 😢 I thought the mods would let me do this on a off week . If not they coukld possibly move this to the off topic board HORT
Your parents are about the same age as mine, and based on their decline I don't think they have many years left. I'm dreading having to go through what you are experiencing now. At the same time, your parents and mine have had full lives and when they're gone we can still treasure their memories.

Best wishes and prayers for you during this difficult time.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102021229&par=0

thought you might enjoy this Pepsi. Very comforting from the Bible .

Here’s and additional read
https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102021230&par=0

Sorry to hear this Pepsi. I lost my sister this year. Losing a family member is never easy. But there is Hope in Jesus Christ and it appears you already know that. God Bless and God Speed for your Dad, all of your family will be in my prayers.

• Love
God Bless you and your family.

• Love
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hope the best for your father as you think of all the great times you’ve had with him.

• Love
That’s rough, pepsi. We lost Mom last year after 3 months in hospice. The end, while expected, is extremely difficult. Best thing you can do is be there. It’s a scary time for everyone. Share your strength and you’ll get through it.

• Love
Pepsi, you are a great guy! Your mom & dad are the biggest reason for that. When you have to say your final Goodbyes - as I did recently - he will know this: Job Well Done!

He will be in a better place.

• Love
Sorry to hear :(.

Tell him we all say he raised a great guy!

• Love
I'm sorry Pepsi. There are no words that can make up for the loss of a loved one. Keep faith and remember the great times you had with him. That's all a father needs from his children.

• Love
Thoughts and prayers go out to you Pepsi. I'm sure he's lived a very full life and is surrounded by loved ones. You're blessed to have had them around for so long. Keep your faith!

• Love
Hang in there, Pepsi. I've been in your place for both parents. Know that others feel your pain and share your grief.

• Love
Wishing you much peace through these difficult times...

• Love
Sorry to hear that. Prayers to you and yours.

• Love
Pepsi,

My Dad was my fishing buddy and I still miss him and think about him after 13 years. Take solace in knowing he is going to a better place and will no longer suffer. Be thankful for those many fond memories you both shared while wetting a line, they will live on after his passing. Sending prayers to you and your family. Know that Hawkeye nation appreciates your messages and we are all behind you.

So sorry to hear this sad news, Thoughts and Prayers Pepsi...😥

• Love
Not to be the downer here, make sure all his affairs and wishes are in order. That makes it easier on all. No surprises or arguments between you and your siblings. Enjoy what time is left and keep him comfortable. Once he passes on, make it a celebration of his life. Tears are OK, but laughter is better. Been there with my mom. T&Ps are with you.

• Love
Sorry to hear Pepsi. I'm 81 and just found out my wives cancer has returned and is hopeless. Were 81 and at our age I guess it's expected but still hard to take. She starts treatment in the Iowa City Hospital Monday Morning at 8 AM. Speaking of fishing I winterized my boat and put it away because I'm sure I won't be needing it. My father passed from lung cancer and I learned from that we can survive most anything and we will to Pepsi.

• Love
Thoughts and prayers to you, your father and the rest of your family!

I always look forward to your weekly posts, but this is one I wouldn't wish on anyone!

• Love
Thoughts and prayers

• Love
While nothing can replace a parent that has loved and nurtured you, their happy memories are what make their life special. I lost my dad when I was 20 and the happy memories he gave me are what I try and share with my kids (who have never seen him or know of his excellence in everything he did). My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your family…love and friendship are what make life worth living and in you and your posts, I feel that you’ve been blessed by both. And that is a true testament to your dad’s legacy.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Sending my best to you.

Sorry you are going through this, Pepsi. Prayers for your Dad, you, and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT