ADVERTISEMENT

OTT Session 3

Surely some do.

I think it is healthy to contemplate a good death while living a good life. Don't get me wrong, I am not talking obsess or generate anxiety over death (for self or loved ones).

But like lots of things people might otherwise fear or be anxious about, one can try to bury it in their subconscious (repress like a bad memory) or just meditate on it and the underlying reasons behind the feelings to deal with it.

I think that's one reason I bought and read "The Book of Dead Philosophers." All these jabronies touting different philosophies on the nature of man, life's purpose, how life works, etc. And they've all met the same demise (some of them quite ignominiously).

No point fearing a certainty.
I agree, but do not believe we’re in the majority, here.

Surely some do.

I think it is healthy to contemplate a good death while living a good life. Don't get me wrong, I am not talking obsess or generate anxiety over death (for self or loved ones).

But like lots of things people might otherwise fear or be anxious about, one can try to bury it in their subconscious (repress like a bad memory) or just meditate on it and the underlying reasons behind the feelings to deal with it.

I think that's one reason I bought and read "The Book of Dead Philosophers." All these jabronies touting different philosophies on the nature of man, life's purpose, how life works, etc. And they've all met the same demise (some of them quite ignominiously).

No point fearing a certainty.
On some levels, I fear death. However, acknowledging and examining that reality can assist with healthy personal growth, imo. Preparing to embrace the mystery of death is an interesting topic, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT