ADVERTISEMENT

OTT predictions

jrod65

HR All-American
Jan 21, 2019
I think we need a distraction from the mind numbing facility debate. How about some OTT predictions?

Mens freestyle:

Spencer over Fix
Yianni over Alirez
Dake over Nolf
Taylor over Brooks
Snyder over Cox
Parris over Gwiz

Women's freestyle:

Hildebrandt over Jimenez
Winchester over Parrish
Maroulis over Nette
Miracle over Nwachukwu
Elor over Larramendy
Blades over Gray

Greco:

I know nothing about Greco, so....

I think we need a distraction from the mind numbing facility debate. How about some OTT predictions?

Mens freestyle:

Spencer over Fix
Yianni over Alirez
Dake over Nolf
Taylor over Brooks
Snyder over Cox
Parris over Gwiz

Women's freestyle:

Hildebrandt over Jimenez
Winchester over Parrish
Maroulis over Nette
Miracle over Nwachukwu
Elor over Larramendy
Blades over Gray

Greco:

I don't think Fix makes the finals...think it'll be Suriano or Gilman on the other side. Fix has become the most boring wrestleer in the world making it impossible to watch. Glad he's finally out of college at the ripe old age of 28 (OK, maybe not 28 but seems like it.).

Lee over Gilman
Yianni over Alirez
JB over Dake
Brooks over Taylor
Cox over Snyder
Gwiazdowski over Parris

Mens freestyle:

Spencer over Fix
Yianni over Alirez
Dake over Nolf
Taylor over Brooks
Snyder over Cox
Parris over Gwiz

Women's freestyle:

Hildebrandt over Jimenez
Winchester over Parrish
Maroulis over Nette
Miracle over Nwachukwu
Elor over Larramendy
Blades over Gray

Greco:

Lee over Gilman
Yianni over Alirez
JB over Dake
Brooks over Taylor
Cox over Snyder
Gwiazdowski over Parris
You guys really see Yianni beating an 8 hour recovered Zain?

Gonna be some great matches with some of the best ever clashing. The only thing I am confident in predicting is I don't see Fix making the finals. He has zero offense anymore.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
57 spencer over daton

65 zain over lee

74 dake over nolf but i think nolf could shock the world

86 taylor over brooks

97 snyder over cox

125 parris over kerk

Reactions: 12tdsaw
I would pick Spencer over Gilman
then I pick the Dan Gable Statue over the hidden Joe Paterno statue
I would predict Caitlin Clark over the entire PSU ladies Basketball team
and In the Grand Finale I would take the "UPSET SPECIAL".......Our very own IRONBIRD and his tag team partner Bob Nichols aka Bob Backlund over Carl Sanderson and his partner Ira Lubert AKA Ted DeBiasi

There are definitely enough wrestlers in the world to fill out 10 weights with quality, and i think you could even go up to 32 at each weight - People are flying in from all over the world, one more round isn't going to hurt anything.. and id even let a country get two at a weight if they deserve it. There are lots of other sports that allow multiple qualifiers per country..

Last edited:
Sorry to ask if this is out there on here somewhere but are the prelim brackets out there somewhere to view? Thanks in advance and sorry if it is on here somewhere

There are definitely enough quality wrestlers in the world to fill out 10 weights with quality, and i think you could even go up to 32 at each weight - People are flying in from all over the world, one more round isn't going to hurt anything.. and id even let a country get two at a weight if they deserve it. There are lots of other sports that allow multiple qualifiers per country..
Exactly, we've had world champs sitting out the last few cycles.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Lee over Gilman
Yianni over Alirez
JB over Dake
Brooks over Taylor
Cox over Snyder
Gwiazdowski over Parris
I too think Cox beats Snyder; what a war that's going to be. Also, I don't think people are giving Kerk enough credit. I might be way off but I think Kerk takes it at 125. He's pretty quick for a big man and has a pretty decent arsenal.

57 spencer over daton

65 zain over lee

74 dake over nolf but i think nolf could shock the world

86 taylor over brooks

97 snyder over cox

125 parris over kerk
I too think Kerk makes the final and think he'll beat Parris. Hopefully, if Kerk makes the final, it will be as good of a battle as their NCAA matchup 2 years ago.

Reactions: vhsalum
I would think countries that are strong in wrestling but weak in swimming would be talking about the disparity in medal count between the different sports. Swimming gives out 37 gold medals. Wrestling only 18.

Number of Available Gold Medals in 2021​

• 48 Athletics
  • 37 Swimming
  • 15 Judo, Shooting
  • 14 Artistic Gymnastics, Rowing, Weightlifting
  • 13 Boxing
  • 12 Fencing, Track cycling, Canoe Sprint, Freestyle Wrestling
  • 10 Sailing
  • 8 Diving, Karate, Taekwondo
  • 6 Equestrian, Greco-Roman Wrestling
  • 5 Archery, Badminton, Table tennis, Tennis
  • 4 BMX cycling, Road cycling, Skateboarding, Canoe Slalom, Basketball
  • 3 Triathlon
  • 2 Indoor Volleyball, Beach volleyball, Water polo, Artistic (synchronized) swimming, Field hockey, Football (Soccer), Golf, Handball, Modern pentathlon, Mountain biking, Rugby sevens, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Sport climbing, Surfing, Trampoline
  • 1 Baseball, Softball

Mens freestyle:

Gilman over Lee ( Lee gets cocky and attempts to scramble)
Alirez! over Yianni ( Yianni loses a challenge and that's the difference)
Nolf over Dake ( Dake loses a challenge and that's the difference)
Taylor over Brooks ( Brooks a bit tired from pre-tournament)
Snyder over Cox ( Cox hasn't stepped up yet)
Parris over Kerk ( May be the best final)

I've got Jax Forrest coming through for 5th if he wrestles it out.

Mens freestyle:

I remember an interview with Gilman a few years back, he stated something to the effect of, "If you want to be humbled, just wrestle Spencer Lee, that will humble you in a hurry." I think Gilman left because he had to find a way to beat Spencer and it wasn't going to happen with him in the room. I guess we'll see what he came up with. I think Spencer is in Gilman's head and Spencer wins it.

I remember an interview with Gilman a few years back, he stated something to the effect of, "If you want to be humbled, just wrestle Spencer Lee, that will humble you in a hurry." I think Gilman left because he had to find a way to beat Spencer and it wasn't going to happen with him in the room. I guess we'll see what he came up with. I think Spencer is in Gilman's head and Spencer wins it.
Gilman left because Tom sucks at managing the RTC. Just as others have kinda hinted at, Gliman called the HWC a "jobs program." Tom is more concerned with paying guys to be partners for the college guys.

Gilman and Spencer didn't work together much, especially live. Terry protected him, because its a very real possibility that Gilman would hurt Spencer if he were getting beat bad. Now - in one of his last practices at HWC, Gilman did call out Spencer, and Spencer beat that azz.

I doubt seriously that Spencer is "in Gilman's head" - but he has to know that his only path to beating Spencer is to keep it close and hope that Spencer gets tie-tie.

Mens freestyle:

Wrong, sweaty. SL can scramble with the best of the freestyle competition, imo.

That was Spencer at the absolute peak of his performance. I hope to see him return to that this weekend, he says he’s healthy and I hope to see some great performances out of him.
A matchup with Gilman has me worried. I’m still of the belief that Spencer isn’t back to old form, and not sure he ever will be. Not because of a nagging injury, but because of the toll that 3 (3!) acl surgeries would have on an athlete. And Gilman matches up very well against Spencer. Hoping Spencer gets it done

Reactions: el dub
I’m more worried about his first match with Nico. Nico showed in both those matches that he’s capable. This match scares the crap out of me and has the making of metcalf/molinaro.

I will hope for the best, but wouldn't be surprised if more bad luck follows the hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT