ADVERTISEMENT

Otto Black commits to Iowa

Todd Conner

HB MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

this a great pick up for us... He has a lot to prove on the National scene but He is definitely a gamer and can end the match at any given time with some of his explosive moves. I hope he stays as aggressive as he is now and puts that energy onto the Iowa mats. Good Luck young man and welcome to Hawkeye Nation !!

Elite level Greco kid that is explosive. Pretty solid in folkstyle as well. I like this addition and it adds some depth at 141lb which is a need for the Hawkeyes.
Speaking of 141, would getting Alirez for 1 year after the Olympics be a possibility?? Could afford to pay him much more than Northern Colorado.

not trying to be a smart ass but why does this shock you ? from a recruiting angle or something else?

Why shocked? Just curious.

I did not think Otto would wrestle college folkstyle, wasn't even on my radar. I know the dad, and they all LOVE greco. This totally caught me off guard. Happily shocked, I should say.

If you have high level Greco aspirations, you attend Northern Michigan. I believe that is where the Greco national training center resides or at least their RTC specializes in Greco

Is it possible either of these things could've impacted Otto's choice?
1. Gary Mayabb helping with the girls
2. Dylan Carew down the street

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Just KEEP BRING THEM IN!!!!

Did you see the SIZE of our NEW WRESTLING ROOM!??!?!?

You could hold a good size tournament in that place!!! IOWA usually carries about the most wrestlers of any team. That being said, you have ONLY 40 kids in that room, it would appear empty.

Reactions: el dub
Good for these kids, very few wrestlers can say they wrestled at the U of Iowa.

But with this class it's safe to say the gap between psu and Iowa has widened.
That's a little unfair. PSU's 2024 class is historically strong. No one else's is even in the same league. How good is Iowa's class compared to everyone else, not just compared to a dynasty level program's best ever recruiting class?

That's a little unfair. PSU's 2024 class is historically strong. No one else's is even in the same league. How good is Iowa's class compared to everyone else, not just compared to a dynasty level program's best ever recruiting class?
it's unfair because it's true??

Reactions: kegan
F*** state will lose, and ALREADY has lost commits from this class! IOWA has to keep chopping away no doubt but work appears to be getting done. Lets see what comes next!!!

Unfortunately they lost the worst member of the class
NOT TWOOOOO sure about that? I mean the class is ridiculous without doubt. You could have 100 different people give you their take on ranking it in order of who will be the best? I believe you would get 90 different answers!!!

That being said, the kid they lost is very good and was wrestling with a pretty bad injury this past season. Not sure where I would rank him with all the hammers they have coming in, but he was not chop liver that is for sure.

Then you have to wait and see who will be next? I have little doubt they have created a bit of a problem and I am not sure that the great Krailure has been complete up front and honest with everyone? For example, PepeLaBuea was said to be "not sure" in regards to returning????

You also have Kergin, and StarFish in the "not sure" category??? I believe 100% Kerkin comes back, FISH will NOT come back because he knows he will lose!!! Now IF recruits were somehow under the impression that some were leaving because of "bad" intel. Well I could see a SnowBall down a mountain effect coming!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: NitFan53
You are not real. You are the fan of ISU or PSU and your whole thing is just trying to make Hawk fans look stupid right???
beard GIF

Reactions: Hawkgma

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
National championship.........

I did not think Otto would wrestle college folkstyle, wasn't even on my radar. I know the dad, and they all LOVE greco. This totally caught me off guard. Happily shocked, I should say.
Gotcha. Will be curious to see how he transitions.

Class of 2025 has 3 TOP 30 recruits that are not committed yet. Vince Bouzakis & Maddox Shaw from PA and Marcus Blaze from OH. Does Iowa have a chance for any 3 of these kids?

Only 5/10 incoming '25 recruits were state champs their senior season. I'm ready for the Brands era to come to a close.
And the metric of being a state champ doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot in recruiting either depending on where it was and competition level.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT