141- Murin, Turk
149- Lugo, Happel?
157- Young, Glosser
165- Bull, Nelson
174- Bowman?, Moody?
184- Wilcke
197- Warner, Corbin?
285- Stoll?, Cass, Costello?

Who we sending? I know it’s possible but WILL Bowman be down to weight? Thinking Corbin and Costello are worth listing since they’ve wrestled varsity this year. Will we see Jrent? I doubt it. Anyone else I missed?

Reactions: MSeil
Last year we had 19, and thought it might be 20 depending on PD3.

125- Stickley, Lee
133- Glynn, Laux
141- Murin, Turk, Happel
149- Sorenson, Glosser, Lugo
157- Kemerer
165- Marinelli, Young
174- Gunther
184- Bowman
197- Wilke, Warner
285- Stoll, Costello

Reactions: SDHN2013
Is the format still the 10 Designated scorers regardless of weight?

If so may want to use Glosser, Bowman or Turk versus 174 and Stoll.

Stoll seems 2 matches and done so score someone else. Or likely if he is also done when Cass and he cross paths. I would totally expect Stoll to forfeit, get his rest and lets see Cass whip some a__

Is the format still the 10 Designated scorers regardless of weight?

If so may want to use Glosser, Bowman or Turk versus 174 and Stoll.

Stoll seems 2 matches and done so score someone else. Or likely if he is also done when Cass and he cross paths. I would totally expect Stoll to forfeit, get his rest and lets see Cass whip some a__

They were forced to change that rule. Its now one scorer per weight instead of 10 scorers. IIRC it had something to do with the tournament bring required to follow all NCAA scoring rules if they wanted it to count for seeding purposes.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
I would love to see HWC represented. I know it's Folk vs Free, but it's close by and gives the guys a chance to see some solid competition.

Taylor did on his way up in weight and looks like Nato is a go this round.

I believe the plan is, indeed, for Bowman to be down to weight for Midlands, based on Tom's post-Lehigh presser (he seemed confident in the allusion).
I know that’s the plan but we won’t know until weigh ins if he did in fact weigh in at <174 and if he doesn’t make weight, let’s say he tips the scales at 174.5, do they wrestle him at 184 or give him the tournament off?

I know that’s the plan but we won’t know until weigh ins if he did in fact weigh in at <174 and if he doesn’t make weight, let’s say he tips the scales at 174.5, do they wrestle him at 184 or give him the tournament off?

Ok. I took your question to mean you were uncertain about whether he would make the weight.

He is a senior. I would guess he wants all the matches he can get at whatever weight he can get them.

Just figured I would give this thread a bump because Im tired of reading the crap on the Teasdale thread.
Only two more weeks till midlands Im still not sure of our entire roster, but I would love to see all of our guys refreshed and looking as healthy as possible and ready for a good tuff tournament I cant wait.

I believe the plan is, indeed, for Bowman to be down to weight for Midlands, based on Tom's post-Lehigh presser (he seemed confident in the allusion).

I sure hope so. With the limited schedule, the midlands would be a perfect chance for Bowman to increase his rankings and future seeding at 174.

I always run under the assumption that we'll send 15 each year, although in previous years, it's been slightly higher.

Having said that, here's my prediction:
(s = scorer)

125: Lee (s)
133: DeSanto (s)
141: Murin (s), Turk
149: Lugo (s), Happel
157: Young (s), Glosser
165: Bull (s), Brands
174: Moody (s)/Bowman
184: Wilcke (s)
197: Warner (s)
285: Costello (s), Cassioppi

That's 16 I guess...my guess is that we don't see Stoll.

And my next inline if we send more:
1) Glynn
2) Stickley
3) Cashman
4) Stoll
5) Corbin

No they didn't
GratefulParallelGalah-small.gif

I always run under the assumption that we'll send 15 each year, although in previous years, it's been slightly higher.

(s = scorer)

1) Glynn
2) Stickley
3) Cashman
4) Stoll
5) Corbin

Would it be better to have Turk or Glosser as a point scorer instead of Costello or do you need one at every weight? Just wondering...

(s = scorer)

1) Glynn
2) Stickley
3) Cashman
4) Stoll
5) Corbin
U might want to check with them I know this year Midlands was gonna be down participants and teams were getting more spots then in years past

Reactions: andegre
Listened to FRL podcast today @smalls103 or @ChristianPyles mentioned who they thought/heard are going to Midlands for Iowa...

125: Lee, Perez
133: DeSanto, Glynn
141: Murin, Turk, Happel, Stickley
149: Lugo, Glosser (though they mentioned it might be for 157)
157: Young
165: Marinelli, Brands, Moody
174: Bowman
184: Wilcke
197: Warner, Corbin
285: Stoll, Cassioppi, Costello

That's 21 if they all show up. The next interesting point was about 285...., and it looks VERY likely, that Stoll and Cass could meet in the finals. They mentioned there'd be a possibility that we'd see a forfeit there, then they said "don't forfeit in the Midlands Finals!". While I agree I don't want them to forfeit, I also DON'T want to see them wrestle for the possibility that Cass wins, then everyone's in an uproar over who should start...

The next interesting point was about 285...., and it looks VERY likely, that Stoll and Cass could meet in the finals. They mentioned there'd be a possibility that we'd see a forfeit there, then they said "don't forfeit in the Midlands Finals!". While I agree I don't want them to forfeit, I also DON'T want to see them wrestle for the possibility that Cass wins, then everyone's in an uproar over who should start...
Similar thing happened when DSJ was a true freshman. He was the better wrestler but stayed in RS. Difference this time is Stoll is an AA who has a shot at standing on top of the podium. Doesn’t make sense to put Cass on the mat unless Stoll can’t go, even if Cass were to beat Stoll at Midlands (or finish higher).

I would love to see HWC represented. I know it's Folk vs Free, but it's close by and gives the guys a chance to see some solid competition.

Taylor did on his way up in weight and looks like Nato is a go this round.

After a quick search it looks like the last time that the Hawkeye Wrestling Club competed in the Midlands was 2007, where they had three guys (Mike Faust and Nik Fekete at 285 and Danny Song at 141). Faust and Fekete finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT