ADVERTISEMENT

Our OL is so bad.

Good at run blocking, about as bad as it gets pass blocking. Hard for me to believe they can be so substantially bad at one but good at the other. Part of me wonders if they understand the calls/assignments
It's seems to me this is a unit of 5 guards. So they're pretty good at attacking, not so much at reacting.

Are you able to answer my question? If not, doesn’t sound like you’re really up for a conversation.

Pass blocking = success if a QB has enough time to search a find targets and complete passes. That happened 83% of the time today. Thoughts?

Kind of frustrated at times with the pass pro today but overall OL did pretty solid in running game. Was frustrated during the red zone possession before Sullivan TD pass when we got blown up trying to run down hill. That shouldn’t happen.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Pass blocking = success if a QB has enough time to search a find targets and complete passes. That happened 83% of the time today. Thoughts?
Partially true. If a QB is getting pressured, they have to throw the ball more quickly resulting in less YPA. Cade was 111th coming into this game. When you watch the individual match ups, they’re getting beat which ultimately leads to pressures and sacks. Getting pressured, hits or sacks leads to QB’s not being able to set their feet and drive the ball which impacts accuracy. Cade had a high completion rate this game but ranked very poorly coming into this game.

Partially true. If a QB is getting pressured, they have to throw the ball more quickly resulting in less YPA. Cade was 111th coming into this game. When you watch the individual match ups, they’re getting beat which ultimately leads to pressures and sacks. Getting pressured, hits or sacks leads to QB’s not being able to set their feet and drive the ball which impacts accuracy. Cade had a high completion rate this game but ranked very poorly coming into this game.

The OL is greatly improved over last year. Do you agree?

Is Iowa's offensive line and offense in general better this year? Then it has been in a long time? Yes or no. I dare you to answer.
3 steps above dog shit is just the same as dog shit, no matter what color of lipstick you try to put on the pig. The fact that it’s even a debate after playing three shit squads should be all the explanation you need lmfao.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT