ADVERTISEMENT

Out of control leftists shut down a burrito shop in Portland.

I'm going to Portland this Summer. I'm worried I might not be liberal enough and get driven out of town. Should I get a Bernie shirt from Goodwill?

Bernie isn't left enough. He supported a pro-life Mayor candidate. Remember?

I think we should welcome that. When no one shows to protest the burrito, it doesn't have the power.
Those burritos were too damn powerful. For the safety of all Portlanders, shutting them down was the only logical option...

giphy.gif

Oh...you weren't paying attention to the "unity tour" stop in Omaha then.
Clearly not. Why would I care who the mayor of Omaha is? Arb doesn't keeps us up to date on the Omaha stuff anymore. Who was it?

Reactions: naturalmwa
I was wondering the entire time why anyone would bother attending college if they don't see the value in reading, writing, or learning anything.
Because they've been sold on the idea that they can delay becoming a fully functioning adult for few more years. They've been convinced that attending college is a goal, rather than a means to accomplish a goal. Actually getting that education and preparing oneself for the world beyond campus is secondary to the experience of college. Growing as a person so one can become a compassionate, caring member of the global community is the reason to be there, not learning about organic chemistry so one can become a better, more competent pharmacist, which is much harder.
The colleges would rather sell people on the experience of college over the education of college. The experience is much easier to sell and requires much less effort on everyone's part. The government (via the taxpayer) is footing the majority of the bill (via guaranteed loans), so everyone wins.

Hotel is just triggering snowflakes in this thread. Just to let you "progressives" know, eventually there will be a correction to this issue, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to be nice.

Last edited:
Because they've been sold on the idea that they can delay becoming a fully functioning adult for few more years. They've been convinced that attending college is a goal, rather than a means to accomplish a goal. Actually getting that education and preparing oneself for the world beyond campus is secondary to the experience of college. Growing as a person so one can become a compassionate, caring member of the global community is the reason to be there, not learning about organic chemistry so one can become a better, more competent pharmacist, which is much harder.
The colleges would rather sell people on the experience of college over the education of college. The experience is much easier to sell and requires much less effort on everyone's part. The government (via the taxpayer) is footing the majority of the bill (via guaranteed loans), so everyone wins.
I teach high school (about an hour away from this campus). The college-bound kids in my classes are a 180 from the kids in the video. They are overwhelmingly driven to earn a degree to achieve a particular goal/enter a certain profession, are very conscious of the costs of college that they will have to repay, and understand the value of education. That's why I found the attitude of those students astounding.

I teach high school (about an hour away from this campus). The college-bound kids in my classes are a 180 from the kids in the video. They are overwhelmingly driven to earn a degree to achieve a particular goal/enter a certain profession, are very conscious of the costs of college that they will have to repay, and understand the value of education. That's why I found the attitude of those students astounding.
And that's great. I don't doubt it. I hope the majority of college bound kids are like the ones you describe and not like the ones in the video. I hope the ones you describe remain as driven once they reach college.

I'm going to Portland this Summer. I'm worried I might not be liberal enough and get driven out of town. Should I get a Bernie shirt from Goodwill?
It's not a war zone there like people make it out to be. But after a few visits to Seattle I'd rather spend time in Seattle than Portland.

If you're able to travel check out Astoria and Cannon Beach or Timberhill Lodge. Also check out Multnomah Falls and Mt. Hood if you have the time. It's nice to get out of the city after you've been in it for a while.

If you're not able to leave the city check out the Japanese hanging gardens. There are a ton of decent restaurants, personally one of my favorites is Tasty and Alder.

Hotel is just triggering snowflakes in this thread. Just to let you "progressives" know, eventually there will be a correction to this issue, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to be nice.
So oblivious. Don't worry, we will return you to the motherland soon.

I'm glad to hear it. It is unfortunate that many a campus administration and faculty either encourage this kind of demand-based "activism" or passively accept it like the milquetoast "George" at ESC. Very similar actions occurred last year at Western Washington U. and Seattle U.

I'm glad to hear it. It is unfortunate that many a campus administration and faculty either encourage this kind of demand-based "activism" or passively accept it like the milquetoast "George" at ESC. Very similar actions occurred last year at Western Washington U. and Seattle U.

Because George is scared that the slightest action and he could be out of a job and have no where to work. His reaction after he "Shh'ed" those animals to be quite was classic. A split second after he realized that he can't do that and had to start being all apologetic.

Clearly not. Why would I care who the mayor of Omaha is? Arb doesn't keeps us up to date on the Omaha stuff anymore. Who was it?

Really? Here's the thread and story about the DNC trying to co-opt Bernie's followers by using him on their "unity tour". He suggests they stop in Omaha and support the Dem mayor candidate. They do. Turns out he's pro-choice. Feminist freak out and Perez pussies out. Perez and the DNC throws Sanders under the bus, then proclaims a purity test for all Dems from there on out where "they MUST be pro-choice or else!"

In other words..."Hey, Bernie...we really want you and your popularity and all of your followers...but you have to do it our way even though we are the ones asking you for all the help." Insane.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...s-and-bernie-support-abortion-or-else.188525/

Really? Here's the thread and story about the DNC trying to co-opt Bernie's followers by using him on their "unity tour". He suggests they stop in Omaha and support the Dem mayor candidate. They do. Turns out he's pro-choice. Feminist freak out and Perez pussies out. Perez and the DNC throws Sanders under the bus, then proclaims a purity test for all Dems from there on out where "they MUST be pro-choice or else!"

In other words..."Hey, Bernie...we really want you and your popularity and all of your followers...but you have to do it our way even though we are the ones asking you for all the help." Insane.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...s-and-bernie-support-abortion-or-else.188525/
Never read your post. I assume my hysterical obsession filter was working that day.

Reactions: YellowSnow51
Uh oh! She gonna DE-COLONIZE the space around the asshole who's acquiescing to demands!

Edit: It doesn't matter, despite the youtube title, that this was a "black girl." It's poor form on its own (lack of) merit.

Last edited:
Evergreen State College 2017

Claremont McKenna 2015

Poor Asians. They don't rate on the oppression matrix unless a non-Asian "PoC" decides they do.

"We did block him at first. For transparency, we did block him at first. He was trying to leave, but, however, we didn't a at...we had a conversation with him...whatever a conversation is. Huh-huh, but, but..."

Hold up. Wossamotta U, Boris?

"Send me to Siberia, send me to Wilkse-Barre, but not Moosylvania!"
Your Trump-loving ass can take a hike. Much like the Coke machine they're taking out of the faculty lounge!

"What time leaves the next submarine?"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT