ADVERTISEMENT

Outflanked by liberals, Oregon conservatives aim to become part of Idaho

Why would they? Why would they give up resources for a bunch of snowflakes? They can move to Idaho if they want to live under Idaho law.

But lefties are arguing that the area is a drain on Oregon and then here you are talking about resources. Which is it?

But lefties are arguing that the area is a drain on Oregon and then here you are talking about resources. Which is it?
They do take from the west but it’s still full of state parks and all kinds of beautiful things. As well as at least one state college. A lot of states have a portion of the state subsidizing the rest, that’s the way it goes. You should just sit this one out, Donny, you’re out of your depth

The problem is as Boises population balloons Idaho is becoming bluer.
The state politics in Idaho are truly insane, and seems to be a reflection of the anxiety some feel about the eventual prospect of losing power.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Eastern OR would realize day 1 they have to start paying sales tax and would vote to go back to OR.
Bunch of takers. Every time we go to Bend we just get a vibe the locals resent the visitors from west of the Cascades with money. It's still a possibility for retirement, though. Hopefully all the Trump / Pence 2020 signs with the Pence slashed through by red paint are down by the time we retire.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Bunch of takers. Every time we go to Bend we just get a vibe the locals resent the visitors from west of the Cascades with money. It's still a possibility for retirement, though. Hopefully all the Trump / Pence 2020 signs with the Pence slashed through by red paint are down by the time we retire.
I actually had great experiences there, never felt unwanted. All the towns along the way like Sweet Home and Sisters, I kind of felt that.

Reactions: lucas80
Guess I just don't get how renaming Army bases from Confederate traitors is a waste of taxpayer money but butthurt Oregon Republicans wanting to be part of a new state is a supported use of tax dollars

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT