ADVERTISEMENT

Outside Democratic-leaning groups have pledged more than $1 billion to help President Joe Biden’s reelection

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Holy balls. This has to be the most lopsided Presidential election $$$ wise, in history. Probably end up a 20-1 advantage in traditional ad time or more.

Outside Democratic-leaning groups have pledged more than $1 billion to help President Joe Biden’s reelection, the New York Times reported Tuesday, giving the incumbent a major fundraising boost as the general election heats up—and as rival Donald Trump reportedly scrambles to raise cash.

The League of Conservation Voters, a climate-focused group, pledged to donate $120 million to Biden’s reelection, the Times reports, putting the fundraising haul by outside groups over the $1 billion mark.

The biggest groups spending money on Biden’s reelection are super PAC Future Forward, the Service Employees International Union and research organization American Bridge, according to the Times, which have pledged between $140 million and $250 million on advertising and other campaign help.

Outside groups—which cannot directly coordinate with the Biden campaign—are likely to raise between $2.5 billion and $3 billion by November, former Emily’s List president Stephanie Schriock predicted to the Times.

The outside spending comes on top of money raised by the Biden campaign and through the Democratic National Committee directly, which reported having $155 million in total cash on hand going into March.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Holy balls. This has to be the most lopsided Presidential election $$$ wise, in history.

Outside Democratic-leaning groups have pledged more than $1 billion to help President Joe Biden’s reelection, the New York Times reported Tuesday, giving the incumbent a major fundraising boost as the general election heats up—and as rival Donald Trump reportedly scrambles to raise cash.

The League of Conservation Voters, a climate-focused group, pledged to donate $120 million to Biden’s reelection, the Times reports, putting the fundraising haul by outside groups over the $1 billion mark.

The biggest groups spending money on Biden’s reelection are super PAC Future Forward, the Service Employees International Union and research organization American Bridge, according to the Times, which have pledged between $140 million and $250 million on advertising and other campaign help.

Outside groups—which cannot directly coordinate with the Biden campaign—are likely to raise between $2.5 billion and $3 billion by November, former Emily’s List president Stephanie Schriock predicted to the Times.

The outside spending comes on top of money raised by the Biden campaign and through the Democratic National Committee directly, which reported having $155 million in total cash on hand going into March.

Now if only the Democrats can find the right messaging to make Trump look like the pathetic human he is to help pull moderates and independents to vote for Biden. Find the right balance of attacking Trump and touting accomplishments.

Now if only the Democrats can find the right messaging to make Trump look like the pathetic human he is to help pull moderates and independents to vote for Biden. Find the right balance of attacking Trump and touting accomplishments.
They won't have a problem getting the messaging they decide on out there....in volume.

Reactions: Tom Paris
They won't have a problem getting the messaging they decide on out there....in volume.
I agree, I just care that they actually find the right messaging because often times Democrats have sucked at it. With Trump, one would think it would be REALLY EASY, but I have seen Democrats miss layups before.

I agree, I just care that they actually find the right messaging because often times Democrats have sucked at it. With Trump, one would think it would be REALLY EASY, but I have seen Democrats miss layups before.
I'd just stick to a montage of Trump saying stupid shit for the Trump focused ads. The other ad's should just focus on Biden accomplishments. 50/50.

Trump will provide enough material for a new ad every couple weeks. I think making him look like a buffoon should be the primary focus. Ad's will have the added benefit of being entertaining. Focus on making him a clown.

I'd just stick to a montage of Trump saying stupid shit for the Trump focused ads. The other ad's should just focus on Biden accomplishments. 50/50.

Trump will provide enough material for a new ad every couple weeks. I think making him look like a buffoon should be the primary focus. Ad's will have the added benefit of being entertaining. Focus on making him a clown.
Completely agree. Edit to say - and call him a loser whenever possible.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Agreed but dem leadership is not that smart.

Now if only the Democrats can find the right messaging to make Trump look like the pathetic human he is to help pull moderates and independents to vote for Biden.

Interesting,.. Why not proclaim all the positives associated with anther Biden term,.. oh wait.

Agreed but dem leadership is not that smart.
I think focusing solely on the threat to democracy stuff would be a mistake. That’s covered by the MSM pretty thoroughly. Making him into the unserious clown he is should be the objective. If part of that includes him saying stupid shit about Jan 6 and the 2020 election, so much the better.

But I don’t think that should be the main focus of the ads….throw in shit about him being a broke “billionaire” would be good as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT