ADVERTISEMENT

Overlooked and concerning: the DL got ZERO pressure on the qb. Parker called no blitzes?!?!?

curtisj157

HB All-State
Aug 26, 2021
We have concerns on both lines. Can’t control the trenches, you lose games. If we can’t get pressure on the ISU qb, we won’t get pressure on any qb. Just another part of the trainwreck which was the game yesterday.

We have concerns on both lines. Can’t control the trenches, you lose games. If we can’t get pressure on the ISU qb, we won’t get pressure on any qb. Just another part of the trainwreck which was the game yesterday.
It's a good point. Would have to re-watch (which I simply cannot bring myself to do right now), but I can't recall our D doing anything other than rush 4 all game. And it was always like clockwork, ISU QB knew exactly how much time he had before needing to roll out or scramble. Allowed him to ease into the flow in the second half and get comfortable. Doesn't hurt when you have a QB who knows that he is faster than your D linemen and can outrun them when needed either.

It's a good point. Would have to re-watch (which I simply cannot bring myself to do right now), but I can't recall our D doing anything other than rush 4 all game. And it was always like clockwork, ISU QB knew exactly how much time he had before needing to roll out or scramble. Allowed him to ease into the flow in the second half and get comfortable. Doesn't hurt when you have a QB who knows that he is faster than your D linemen and can outrun them when needed either.
We blitzed in the first half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT