ADVERTISEMENT

Ozone layer hole the smallest it's been since 1982

Feb 25, 2008
Link for proof..........because I'm not cigaretteman. ;)

They do go out of their way to state that this doesn't mean that global warming and climate change isn't real, so I guess we should all still heed @What Would Jesus Do? 's warnings about our impending doom due to climate change and global warming............:eek:

The ozone hole was growing due to the massive release of chlorofluorocarbons into the atmosphere. It is not related to global warming.

Indeed, back when the GOP was less anti-science we joined a world wide effort to control chlorofluorocarbons, which is why the hole in the ozone has stopped growing.

This is a success story for science’s ability to identify ecological problems and for governments to cooperate in order to implement regulations that solve those problems.

So I assume OP is now convinced that scientists are not trolling the world regarding AGW?

I'm going
Link for proof..........because I'm not cigaretteman. ;)

They do go out of their way to state that this doesn't mean that global warming and climate change isn't real, so I guess we should all still heed @What Would Jesus Do? 's warnings about our impending doom due to climate change and global warming............:eek:
your-troll-fu.jpg

Why didn't we use CFC credits and tax the hell out of CFC users? Wouldn't that have been more effective?

Because Reagan recognized that "externalized cost" was far too great, and the problem was dire.

Actual conservatives understand that "externalized costs" create market imbalances that must be corrected. In the case of CFCs, the ozone was going to deplete much much further if anything except an outright ban were imposed.

We are literally heading the same direction with fossil fuels, because the inaction of the last couple decades means the clock is running out for more 'phased in' solutions.

Reactions: Rudolph
That’s why they need to do serious things to fight global warming. Instead, they want money.

first thing is pass a law that says nothing will be imported into country unless factory of origin passes all United States environmental laws including their power sources.

once you get that in place you can make the laws as tough as you want without harming the United States ability to compete.

You also start banning gas burning engines on things nobody really needs.

I'm going

your-troll-fu.jpg
Actually my plan of attack was different this time. I decided to reel you in and actually get responses to my thread/post. Usually if I come with a straight troll regarding politics, etc, that gets under people's skin, they just take their ball and go home because it's too hard-hitting and they don't want to deal with it (and I know this is the case because of the few who actually do stick around......they realize they have no hope very quickly. :cool:)

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Actually my plan of attack was different this time. I decided to reel you in and actually get responses to my thread/post. Usually if I come with a straight troll regarding politics, etc, that gets under people's skin, they just take their ball and go home because it's too hard-hitting and they don't want to deal with it (and I know this is the case because of the few who actually do stick around......they realize they have no hope very quickly. :cool:)

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.
Well thinks for stubbing your toe on our account.

"The role of sunlight in ozone depletion is the reason why the Antarctic ozone depletion is greatest during spring. During winter, even though PSCs are at their most abundant, there is no light over the pole to drive chemical reactions. During the spring, however, the sun comes out, providing energy to drive photochemical reactions and melt the polar stratospheric clouds, releasing considerable ClO, which drives the hole mechanism."

Of course there could always have been a hole, we didn't know how to see it until the late '70's

The ozone hole was growing due to the massive release of chlorofluorocarbons into the atmosphere. It is not related to global warming.

Indeed, back when the GOP was less anti-science we joined a world wide effort to control chlorofluorocarbons, which is why the hole in the ozone has stopped growing.

This is a success story for science’s ability to identify ecological problems and for governments to cooperate in order to implement regulations that solve those problems.

So I assume OP is now convinced that scientists are not trolling the world regarding AGW?
Who said I needed to be convinced of anything?.....:cool:

"The role of sunlight in ozone depletion is the reason why the Antarctic ozone depletion is greatest during spring. During winter, even though PSCs are at their most abundant, there is no light over the pole to drive chemical reactions. During the spring, however, the sun comes out, providing energy to drive photochemical reactions and melt the polar stratospheric clouds, releasing considerable ClO, which drives the hole mechanism."

Of course there could always have been a hole

No.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT