ADVERTISEMENT

PA School administrators ignore violent threat hours before girls head bashed in by biological male classmate.

The school has some explaining to do, no question.

No idea on the second. And neither do you.
But if Libs of TikTok says so, well, I guess we should be outraged this was a trans student. Should we start identifying all attackers by gender?
Of course not, But the trans……..All to try and demean trans folks so they can stick them in the “crazy” column.

The second video of the young girl recapping what happened is heartbreaking.

The freak who perpetrated the assault needs to be put away for a long, long time. The School District needs to hand out a blank check to the girl that was attacked and her family.

And those Teachers and Administrators what were aware of this and did nothing should be criminally charged and sentenced to time in jail.

Reactions: Scruddy
Did you ever consider that one of the reasons they were slow to act on it is BECAUSE it was gender identity issue? Maybe they were trying to find his "manifesto".
Why does this matter? There should not be different responses in this scenario no matter what the characteristics of the individuals involved are.

Why does this matter? There should not be different responses in this scenario no matter what the characteristics of the individuals involved are.
Well…that’s my point as well. There was most certainly a different response BECAUSE the person making the threat was trans. Watch what the girl says in the video. Again, if some cis-boy with violent tendencies made a hit list and it was found out about, something would have been done. But because it was a trans student, the adults treated the situation differently, And they fvcked up.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Well…that’s my point as well. There was most certainly a different response BECAUSE the person making the threat was trans. Watch what the girl says in the video. Again, if some cis-boy with violent tendencies made a hit list and it was found out about, something would have been done. But because it was a trans student, the adults treated the situation differently, And they fvcked up.
You might be right about the reason, but it doesn't change the problem. It doesn't matter if it was because they were trans, liked to wear cat ears to school, or play in the band, the administrators needed to investigate the accusation (or warning in this case). Well, they are going to find out what happens when they don't do their job and someone gets hurt. Lawyers will be all over this.

You might be right about the reason, but it doesn't change the problem. It doesn't matter if it was because they were trans, liked to wear cat ears to school, or play in the band, the administrators needed to investigate the accusation (or warning in this case). Well, they are going to find out what happens when they don't do their job and someone gets hurt. Lawyers will be all over this.
I posted this because I watched the girl in the video. And what she says made it obvious to me they ignored it because the student was trans. That’s all. They put their guard down in fear of being offensive rather than making sure their kids were physically safe. It’s worth pointing out, IMO.

What does gender have to do with anything?
Amazon Studios Everything GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Don’t be silly.

You’ve never seen boys attacking girls, even when we were kids?

I ask again, what does gender have to do with it?
Where do you grow up?!

I’ve never seen boys attacking girls, let alone it being so common (apparently ) that the thought doesn’t even raise an eyebrow for you. If we witnessed a boy attacking a girl, us boys would take care of him long before the school had a chance.

Where do you grow up?!

I’ve never seen boys attacking girls, let alone it being so common (apparently ) that the thought doesn’t even raise an eyebrow for you. If we witnessed a boy attacking a girl, us boys would take care of him long before the school had a chance.
If boys hit girls it’s usually because of what they saw their Father do to their Mother at home.
FTR my Dad never hit my Mom. And my late hubby never laid a hand on me. And taught my son that a man must never hit a woman.
Look, this child has serious mental problems - regardless of who they thought they were.
Tragic that the school screwed up their handling of the situation and that good sense had apparently left the building.

The second video of the young girl recapping what happened is heartbreaking.

Public school, by and large, is no longer an acceptable path for those of us raising kids to be ambitious, highly productive and successful members of society. There are obviously many exceptions to this, and many public schools are fantastic, but on the whole, it isn’t acceptable.

As an atheist who envisioned a totally secular upbringing for my kids, I quickly abandoned that in exchange for privatized education once I was exposed to the absurdity of modern public schooling, at least in my major metro area. The problem is that within the constructs of this system, the lowest common denominator is prevailing over and over again.

Public school, by and large, is no longer an acceptable path for those of us raising kids to be ambitious, highly productive and successful members of society. There are obviously many exceptions to this, and many public schools are fantastic, but on the whole, it isn’t acceptable.

As an atheist who envisioned a totally secular upbringing for my kids, I quickly abandoned that in exchange for privatized education once I was exposed to the absurdity of modern public schooling, at least in my major metro area. The problem is that within the constructs of this system, the lowest common denominator is prevailing over and over again.
I agree with your observations and conclusions I grew up Catholic and went to parochial school.
But my children went to a Blue Ribbon exemplary public school district and got a fully secular education alongside their fellow students - 25% Jewish, and with Asian and Arab and Black children.
They didnt get a Christmas Vacation, they had “Winter Break”. Easter was a Spring Teacher Holiday.
It was fine. Mutual respect and a united goal of giving our children a place for academic achievement.
Public schools are for education. 1+1 is not a religious factoid.

I agree with your observations and conclusions I grew up Catholic and went to parochial school.
But my children went to a Blue Ribbon exemplary public school district and got a fully secular education alongside their fellow students - 25% Jewish, and with Asian and Arab and Black children.
They didnt get a Christmas Vacation, they had “Winter Break”. Easter was a Spring Teacher Holiday.
It was fine. Mutual respect and a united goal of giving our children a place for academic achievement.
Public schools are for education. 1+1 is not a religious factoid.
I'm curious did the school observe MLK Day?

What does gender have to do with anything?
I question if they were on hormone therapy and if that played a role in the mental state that led to the violent rage beyond the pre-existing mental health illness that we know about.

The teachers and administrators who failed to act need to be held accountable. Lawsuits need to come quick and heavy. They should never be allowed to work for a school again at minimum due to their gross negligence.

I question if they were on hormone therapy and if that played a role in the mental state that led to the violent rage beyond the pre-existing mental health illness that we know about.

The teachers and administrators who failed to act need to be held accountable. Lawsuits need to come quick and heavy. They should never be allowed to work for a school again at minimum due to their gross negligence.
I would suggest the teachers and administrators who failed to act be charged criminally. The schools position on these type of situations will never change until some of the teachers/administrators go to jail.

I would suggest the teachers and administrators who failed to act be charged criminally. The schools position on these type of situations will never change until some of the teachers/administrators go to jail.
Agreed. Every teacher/admin that was warned and didn't act should be strictly disciplined. They should never be allowed near children in a school setting again in addition the money they should be paying out.

Reactions: goldmom
It reminds me of the first grade teacher in Virginia who got shot by her student. The front office was warned more than once that this child had a weapon and told others he was going to shoot a teacher.
Principal is gone, Asdistant Principal criminally charged, Mom in jail, school district being sued and the kid? Who knows. Hopefully locked up but I doubt it. He was already in mental health counseling. Whatever that comprises it was not working.
Teacher? Recovering but did not return to the classroom.

It reminds me of the first grade teacher in Virginia who got shot by her student. The front office was warned more than once that this child had a weapon and told others he was going to shoot a teacher.
Principal is gone, Asdistant Principal criminally charged, Mom in jail, school district being sued and the kid? Who knows. Hopefully locked up but I doubt it. He was already in mental health counseling. Whatever that comprises it was not working.
Teacher? Recovering but did not return to the classroom.
Too often the districts KNOW there’s a problem with a kid, but because they are afraid of lawsuits by the family of the troubled kid, they won’t do anything putting the staff and other students at risk.

If you had seen this boy leaning into me, arm on my shoulder, as I was working with a different kid with special needs on Friday, you would have no idea he was the most violent kid in the building. Family has 3 separate lawsuits going against us, the child is labeled untouchable, and the family might be the grossest group of humans I have ever come across.

The school has some explaining to do, no question.

No idea on the second. And neither do you.
But if Libs of TikTok says so, well, I guess we should be outraged this was a trans student. Should we start identifying all attackers by gender?
All other considerations aside - using Libs of TikTok as a source will always make me want to see someone else bring it up as well.
I'm curious did the school observe MLK Day?
To my knowledge, districts in Iowa kinda/sorta observe it - kids get the day off, teachers have a "professional development" day of some sort.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT