ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anyone who thinks Caitlin is looking ahead?

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Before I start this paragraph I will acknowledge it will not be popular. I will admit, I keep having this intrusive thought that because of the timing of the WNBA season being almost right after our season is over maybe CC is looking ahead to the draft and her pro career.

But then when I think about the competitor she is I’m reminded that there’s no chance she isn’t 100% focused on winning a national championship and finishing what we started last year.

Has anyone else had these thoughts creep in or just me? Lol go Hawks!!

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Before I start this paragraph I will acknowledge it will not be popular. I will admit, I keep having this intrusive thought that because of the timing of the WNBA season being almost right after our season is over maybe CC is looking ahead to the draft and her pro career.

But then when I think about the competitor she is I’m reminded that there’s no chance she isn’t 100% focused on winning a national championship and finishing what we started last year.

Mike Myers No GIF

This thought never crossed my mind. I am sure she has thoughts about playing pro ball of course, but probably in off times and not while practicing with her teammates. She wants to finish strong, she and her teammates want back to back Big tourney trophies and then to go all the way in the Ncaa tourney.

I wish them great play and luck

Reactions: herkhatescy

I think you underestimate her competitive nature and her love of Iowa basketball and her team.

Nope just you. She has some unfinished business she wants to take care of.

I think it's a valid point. No one really knows what is going through her mind. We all hope that she is totally focused on the current task, but the only person who really knows the answer to this in CC herself.

Actually I spin a lot of things through my mind on any given day. Sadly I might add….its hard to shut off sometimes.

With that information in tow I can safely say absolutely never. And in most circumstances I probably would now, but this girl appears to have a competitive streak a mile wide, so I can’t even imagine that could be the case. Nor could I do anything about it….🤷‍♂️

That last part is my training to let shit go….😊

Last edited:
No…..CC has not only demonstrated incredible basketball skills over and over again in the most pressure packed situations…BUT she’s shown just as much, if not more so, that she has her shit together mentally. She’s on another planet compared to how fans approach competition and how she does.

For someone to consider that CC is thinking ahead to WNBA and is not totally focused on winning games now—means this person has not been paying attention to CC over the last 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT