ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic linesman calls

• Thread starter anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
  • Start date
A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Marks ISU 2 yards more than deserved for a first down when it should have been 4th and 2. Why no review?

Then Iowa is marked a yard short when it should have been a first down. That WAS reviewed and overturned, thank goodness.

Any ref who makes those two egregiously ludicrous calls has no business anywhere near a P5 football game.

Marks ISU 2 yards more than deserved for a first down when it should have been 4th and 2. Why no review?

Then Iowa is marked a yard short when it should have been a first down. That WAS reviewed and overturned, thank goodness.

Any ref who makes those two egregiously ludicrous calls has no business anywhere near a P5 football game.
Also, and this is a positive, Iowa's DL is so good, that they forced the refs to start calling multiple holding penalties against ISU because their OL was getting beat so bad.

The left tackle alone for ISU held on almost every play he didn't have help on.

Psssst, guys, we won ...lets leave thread topics like this to the delusional drunks over on CF

Yah, Iowa won, but there are some details that go into it...

I agree on both calls but I think we got away with an obvious pass interference on their last meaningful drive that coul d have changed the game.

we really need to start a "bitch about the officiating" thread after a rivalry win...really??
Linesmen do not move well to line of gain after ball is snapped. Most of the time they are totally out of position to make the correct spot

Pretty poor defensive offside call on Epenesa also. He didn’t touch anyone and got back on his side of the line. Ball was never hiked. ISU lineman moved.

I thought each team had a defensive interference “no call” that would have been a key catch (or penalty) for the other team. Kind of cancelled each other out.

Pretty poor defensive offside call on Epenesa also. He didn’t touch anyone and got back on his side of the line. Ball was never hiked. ISU lineman moved.

I thought each team had a defensive interference “no call” that would have been a key catch (or penalty) for the other team. Kind of cancelled each other out.

Did they explain how that one on TV? And how did we get delay of game before our first play?

Terrible calls both for &/or against both teams. B12 ref's are not used to officiating defensive games.
Yes, on Iowa State’s first pathetic punt, they got screwed by 5 yards on the mark. So it didn’t just go against us.

Did they explain how that one on TV? And how did we get delay of game before our first play?

The delay of game was due to a rule change. The 40 second clock now starts as soon as the kickoff is whistled dead. Our players and coaches seemed not to know that rule had been changed.

Linesmen do not move well to line of gain after ball is snapped. Most of the time they are totally out of position to make the correct spot
This seems like something that could be addressed with technology.

We were right on the line of scrimmage (the south 45) to see that spot that gave ISU a first down. We were totally blown away that they spotted it where they did and that it wasn’t reviewed.

I’m sure they want to keep games moving and minimize long stoppages for lots of measurements, but the refs in general seem to move the sticks on quite a few situations these days where the first down is in question.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

7 yards behnd the play on Hockenson's overturned spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT