ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Kennedy Verbals *This is not a test*

I'll give Coach Brands mega props if he can pull PK in. I was just telling a buddy today that maybe we may just need to become transfer U. Why pay for a "pretty good" Freshman season, when we can bring them in as Sophs ready to compete? Seriously was worried that we get 1 or 2 top guys a year, and that just isn't enough. If we can get PK now, that may be even more momentum to add a few more freshman and transfer studs. Edit. Just saw confirmation. Wonderful Lets get some 2019 studs now.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the Rochester, Mn KTTC 10 pm sports segment. They announced it as I am typing this.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reactions: Vallholl
Love this quote Tony captured...

“I’m committing early to help build a team of recruits before I get down there. I wanted Morningstar and Brands to have a plan and firepower for potential recruits.” Kennedy told IAwrestle about his early commitment.

I’ll believe the OP on this 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. Dude absolutely knows what’s up where Patrick Kennedy is concerned.
Ok I’m going with this and saying hell yeah Kennedy is an absolute STUD... I have watched as much as I can of this young man he is right with The best I have seen at his age right with Lee and Warner Beasts.

Last edited:
Love this quote Tony captured...

“I’m committing early to help build a team of recruits before I get down there. I wanted Morningstar and Brands to have a plan and firepower for potential recruits.” Kennedy told IAwrestle about his early commitment.
Now see, even the recruits want to make sure we have a plan! ;)

Welcome aboard young man. Whole family seems on board, that's a good thing too.

Admittedly I haven’t watched many matches but I will...for those who have, is he a “wrestle as a true freshmen” kind of kid when a Kemerer graduates?
He is very Bull like with more athleticism. Like Marinelli I feel PK would benefit greatly from a RS. If Iowa could land an Assad then he could take over for Kemerer before moving to 84. PK could even do a year at 65 after RS and Assad could man 74 for two years before moving to 84 and then PK could move to 74 his soph year.

Thank You Cael and Ryan...that portfolio Spencer's dad gave to Brands seams to have awaken the program....roll Hawks roll.
Portfolio? Can you give the details for those of us who coach basketball for millions of dollars and don't know what you are talking about? ;)

Momentum breeds momentum. Kudos to Brands, Morningstar, and future head coach Spencer Lee for making it happen.
Good one Tarp! Have to admit I got a little chuckle out of "our future Head Coach". Don't think you're going to have too many dissenting opinions if Spencer were to ever throw his hat in the ring for that job. Kid has made quite a mark in one year, that's for certain.

It's up on Hawkcentral, so that's good enough for me. Book it Dano!
LINK: https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...esota-patrick-kennedy-2020-commits/712882002/

As you will read,

Kennedy’s résumé, while still budding, is already an impressive one. He ended the season ranked No. 4, nationally, at 182 pounds by Intermat, No. 3 at the same weight by Trackwrestling and No. 2 by The Open Mat. Flowrestling has Kennedy as the No. 8 pound-for-pound wrestler in the 2020 class, while The Open Mat has him at No. 5.

There’s also a local connection between Kennedy and Iowa, as heavyweight Sam Stoll, a rising-senior for the Hawkeyes, is a product of Kasson-Mantorville, too.

Cody Goodwin covers wrestling and high school sports for the Des Moines Register. Follow him on Twitter at @codygoodwin.

Last edited:
What the heck is going on around here? That's twice in the last week where I was off HR and twitter for a few hours and Iowa picked up a stud wrestler. I feel like a noob around here, the last one to hear the news.

I am going to have to stop sleeping at night and stay glued to HR, just to make sure I don't miss all the action.

Reactions: artradley
What the heck is going on around here? That's twice in the last week where I was off HR and twitter for a few hours and Iowa picked up a stud wrestler. I feel like a noob around here, the last one to hear the news.

I am going to have to stop sleeping at night and stay glued to HR, just to make sure I don't miss all the action.
Wrestling is year round sport bro get with the program;) #itshappening #comingforyou #HWC #gohawks #ironsharpensiron oh and Im not even sure what this # crap is all about but this is gonna be GREAT

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT