ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick McCaffery's senior video...

Very fluid, versatile offensive game. Besides being skinny, I agree with Mazda about the release on his jumper. It seems very low and slow, which could give him problems against the defenders he will be facing.

Very fluid, versatile offensive game. Besides being skinny, I agree with Mazda about the release on his jumper. It seems very low and slow, which could give him problems against the defenders he will be facing.

I love his game but he's going to have to be pretty wide open to get his shot off in the BIG

In the few games I saw him in person - mind you it was against Iowa 4A High School - he was at his best offensively with his mid range game. He had some nice turnarounds (like at the .56 mark) and some pull-ups in the 10 - 15 Ft range and had really smooth release and soft touch. I am not sure if he can get that off in the college game or not but he does seem to have a nice touch on his shot and seemed very versatile and skilled for his size. I have been saying and I still feel like he will have a career where he might not be a big time scorer but he will be good at a lot of things. Could see him being a guy who in a few years average 12 points but also 5 RB's, 3 Assists, along with 2 Steals and 1.5 Blocks per game and being a menace on the press or in the zone covering space and handling the ball well when trying to hold onto a lead.

Reactions: BBHawk
In the few games I saw him in person - mind you it was against Iowa 4A High School - he was at his best offensively with his mid range game. He had some nice turnarounds (like at the .56 mark) and some pull-ups in the 10 - 15 Ft range and had really smooth release and soft touch. I am not sure if he can get that off in the college game or not but he does seem to have a nice touch on his shot and seemed very versatile and skilled for his size. I have been saying and I still feel like he will have a career where he might not be a big time scorer but he will be good at a lot of things. Could see him being a guy who in a few years average 12 points but also 5 RB's, 3 Assists, along with 2 Steals and 1.5 Blocks per game and being a menace on the press or in the zone covering space and handling the ball well when trying to hold onto a lead.
Agree. I think both of Fran's sons are going to be guys who know how to play. Connor finished most games last year, because he understood what the coaches wanted, even if he had limited shooting ability. If Patrick brings that same BB IQ with more skills, he is going to help win games. Connor has more toughness to his game, which Patrick won't be able to bring until he gets a lot stronger. I know some posters have questioned how much they help, but I am glad they are Hawks.

Reminds me of a more athletic, slightly bigger, Nicholas Baer. Looks like he has the potential to be a very good player. I like his perimeter game.

Agree. I think both of Fran's sons are going to be guys who know how to play. Connor finished most games last year, because he understood what the coaches wanted, even if he had limited shooting ability. If Patrick brings that same BB IQ with more skills, he is going to help win games. Connor has more toughness to his game, which Patrick won't be able to bring until he gets a lot stronger. I know some posters have questioned how much they help, but I am glad they are Hawks.
Go watch some of our last second victories last season. Who made the pass that led to the game winner? In most cases it was Connor.

I love his game but he's going to have to be pretty wide open to get his shot off in the BIG

Most 3 point shots from most players are wide open. Drive and kick, rebound kickouts and transition.

We just think more about the guys that can take and make difficult ones but those aren't the majority of 3pt attempts in a game.

Only your best shooters should be attempting 3s off the dribble.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT