ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum: FSU is a dumpster fire, no way Stoops takes the job

I'm honestly not sure what established coach would truly want the FSU job right now. I know Taggert wasn't doing great, but firing him in just his 2nd year? He inherited a discombobulated roster to begin with. It's been documented that Jimbo gave way too much leeway to the players following their national championship, so the 1st job for any coach there will be to re-establish the culture there. Still some talent on the roster, tho not as much as we might think and Clemson is clearly top dog for now.
I agree. With a few exceptions (Akers, Wilson, Robinson, Nasirildeen) Taggert’s guys (Woodby, Lucas, Washington, couple others) are the only bright spots on the team. IMO he should have gotten one more year. The only thing that really makes sense about firing Taggert now as opposed to later is getting someone on board early enough to significantly help recruiting. Coburn said they expect to have someone named by the end of the month and the only guy that will be available at the end of the month is Stoops. This is a stretch though as this is the AD that hired Meat to coach the baseball team. Most of the time the FSU ADept seems to be a case of the tail wagging the dog...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Facilities are such a lame excuse for any coach. FSU has 3 titles in a freaking erector set covered with bricks. Even in the arms race we’ve been in for the last 10+ years doesn’t change that since we won in ‘13 without all this facilities BS. Great players win and players will come to FSU because of the built in advantages. They just need a coach to get them there.
Thank you. Players often come up in very challenging situations. The facilities are bragging rights for alumni, boosters, and coaches.
Real players will throw down in a mud hole. Or, at least they did when I came along...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I remember seeing Finebaum after the Auburn game, looked like someone had shot his dog. That was almost as satisfying as the win itself

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT