ADVERTISEMENT

Paying someone to install tile

We are almost finished with what has turned into an almost whole home remodel. Kitchen backsplash needs done and main floor baseboards painted. We’ve paid for part and my husband has done some. Will pay to have the backsplash done because my husband is tapped out now on doing it himself. We feel like we got good value for the projects we paid for. I think are probably even on the value added to the house vs cost paid. Maybe even a little ahead. Probably the bigger benefit is we now are happy to stay here for a few more years instead of taking on a new mortgage.

We are almost finished with what has turned into an almost whole home remodel. Kitchen backsplash needs done and main floor baseboards painted. We’ve paid for part and my husband has done some. Will pay to have the backsplash done because my husband is tapped out now on doing it himself. We feel like we got good value for the projects we paid for. I think are probably even on the value added to the house vs cost paid. Maybe even a little ahead. Probably the bigger benefit is we now are happy to stay here for a few more years instead of taking on a new mortgage.
We are starting a kitchen/dining/living remodel in the spring. We plan to do some demo, the fireplace surround and mudroom ourselves. Contractor is handling everything else. I have absolutely no problem paying for things I know I will not be able to do quickly or realtively easily.

Yes, you have to prioritize when you do a remodel. I can demo, frame, install cabinets, install trim. My wife can sand and paint. But the job is too big to do yourself, so hire the stuff you either can’t do, can’t do well, or will save you the most time.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT