ADVERTISEMENT

Payton officially Returning for his Senior Season

Sandford returning is a huge get for the Hawks! I don't know what to expect for next season but think the Hawks can compete with most teams. Will be interesting to see how many teams can make the dance from the BIG

The 7 (now) B1G teams that made the NCAA Tournament last season:

Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Oregon

Fran McCaffery on Payton Sandfort’s return to Iowa:

“Everyone in our program is elated to have Payton return for his senior season. Going through the NBA Draft process has been very beneficial for Payton as he was able to gain valuable feedback and meet directly with NBA personnel. We are looking forward to having Payton return as our team leader and as one of the top players in the Big Ten Conference.”

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Fran came with a bigger bag of cash! Good job negotiating by Payton!

Season 15 Money GIF by The Simpsons

Sounds like he got my letters.
Well honestly, he had no other option if he wanted to be drafted after his results at the combine. His numbers and play in the scrimmages was so poor he slid right out of the 2nd round. His only hope is he has such a great year, and can improve before the next draft. Doubtful though that he will improve those scores when it comes to his lack of elite athletisism. He's just not that level of athlete. He'd have to shoot lights out to even get a look, and he'll be a year older. Probably carve out a nice career in Euro ball somewhere.....

Needs to shoot less. Shot selection hopefully will be better with more Dix getting points.
IDK, Took 12 shots per game last year. Made 55% from 2 and 38% from 3. Seems ok to me.

I agree that it would be good for Dix to get some more shots. Perk, Krikke and PMax average 28 shots per game, so there will be some available.

Well honestly, he had no other option if he wanted to be drafted after his results at the combine. His numbers and play in the scrimmages was so poor he slid right out of the 2nd round. His only hope is he has such a great year, and can improve before the next draft. Doubtful though that he will improve those scores when it comes to his lack of elite athletisism. He's just not that level of athlete. He'd have to shoot lights out to even get a look, and he'll be a year older. Probably carve out a nice career in Euro ball somewhere.....

Truth.

IDK, Took 12 shots per game last year. Made 55% from 2 and 38% from 3. Seems ok to me.

I agree that it would be good for Dix to get some more shots. Perk, Krikke and PMax average 28 shots per game, so there will be some available.

Right, not bad for sure from 3 but his role in the nba would be to knock down open shots. He needs to tighten up his %. Weezy shot over 46% his last year (3 ball) as context.

The top 5 shooters in nba are all above 43%

They took the fewest 3 point attempts since 2015. They can both take more shots

Right, not bad for sure from 3 but his role in the nba would be to knock down open shots. He needs to tighten up his %. Weezy shot over 46% his last year (3 ball) as context.

The top 5 shooters in nba are all above 43%
Yeah. But, I was responding to a comment about his shooting volume at Iowa, which I think is ok. Not what he needs to improve for the NBA.

“Lack of elite athleticism“ is being kind. His issue was not that he wasn’t in the top levels of athleticism, but rather he was in the very bottom of those at the draft combine.

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT