ADVERTISEMENT

Payton officially Returning for his Senior Season

Ok, so now I'm a racist? Pleeeease. I do know Ryan M has yet to play meaningful minutes for Iowa. If he comes out and shows he's a player, then I'll happily eat bbq crow. And I'll call out Fran for WTF kind of coach sits a talented 7- footer for the past couple of years!
So you’re so in tune you know he was either too bad to play or he should’ve played before cuz he was too good to not play. Maybe if he shows something this year it could be that he’s practiced and learned how to play and only now he’s ready to contribute or isn’t that a possibility

Ok, so now I'm a racist? Pleeeease. I do know Ryan M has yet to play meaningful minutes for Iowa. If he comes out and shows he's a player, then I'll happily eat bbq crow. And I'll call out Fran for WTF kind of coach sits a talented 7- footer for the past couple of years!
I'm sure Fran had his reasons and if you and others are indeed correct in your assumption that Riley is a wasted scholarship I'll reciprocate by giving you your dos, but until I see with my own eyes that Mulvey is not worthy of minutes this coming season, I'll continue to hope that he added weight and matured enough to give Iowa meaningful minutes.
Both of us won't see any outcome until the start of the season and continuing to show disrespect for the player without any inside information is to me unthinkable.
Anyone that is an Iowa fan should welcome a 7 footer that's been in the system for 3 years that does all the little things to make his team better, rebound, runs the floor, set screens, can score, is a good free throws shooter. and also blocks shots. All I know is that until we see him on the court we won't know if he's a viable and valuable option.
Not going back to Fran's earlier years, I don't know how good the 2 freshmen forwards are going to be coming out of high school, but none of them are Tyler Cook, Luka Garza, or Joe Wieskamp as they were the last freshmen to start in their first games.

a 7 footer that's been in the system for 3 years that does all the little things to make his team better, rebound, runs the floor, set screens, can score, is a good free throws shooter. and also blocks shots.

If he can do this, I'll be his biggest cheerleader. Outside of practice, he hasn't done any of this yet. And while he continues to ride the pine, we will never know if he's a capable D1/Big10 player.

a 7 footer that's been in the system for 3 years that does all the little things to make his team better, rebound, runs the floor, set screens, can score, is a good free throws shooter. and also blocks shots.

If he can do this, I'll be his biggest cheerleader. Outside of practice, he hasn't done any of this yet. And while he continues to ride the pine, we will never know if he's a capable D1/Big10 player.

He is a high flyer. Shawn Kemp highlight dunks in practice.

I'll hold you to it!

I actually like Mulvey & hope his redshirt year pays off, but the math is killing me - invest 5 years to get 2 if lucky?

All these "experts" look at our roster and underestimate us. We might not ever be a dominant team, but we almost always are better than predicted. So many unknowns on this year's team, and with the expanded conference, ought to be an interesting year.
I'm looking forward to a couple late night games against USC and UCLA. Too bad Walton won't be around to broadcast them.
Not really a hot take -- being better than 17th in the Big 10 isn't a very high bar set by Katz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT