ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock!

Yeah it's def your rental's internet then and not Peacock.
I laugh when I hear people complain about the platform and their inability to provide a better quality product when more than not, it’s their internet service that is inferior then complain but not do anything to fix it by getting an upgrade with their mbps, new and better router or get extenders throughout their house for better wifi signal/strength.

Reactions: Ree4 and littlez
I laugh when I hear people complain about the platform and their inability to provide a better quality product when more than not, it’s their internet service that is inferior then complain but not do anything to fix it by getting an upgrade with their mbps, new and better router or get extenders throughout their house for better wifi signal/strength.
prob not the first thing they think about when TV has typically been antenna/coax their whole life.

Also sucks when they aren't getting what they pay for. Could be shelling out fro 50-80mbps down and getting 20 or fewer. When I moved into a new apt a bunch of years back, I was paying centurylink for 50, and I was getting 4. They wanted to know why I wanted to cancel and i told them I can't even stream netflix and be on my phone at the same time.

prob not the first thing they think about when TV has typically been antenna/coax their whole life.

Also sucks when they aren't getting what they pay for. Could be shelling out fro 50-80mbps down and getting 20 or fewer. When I moved into a new apt a bunch of years back, I was paying centurylink for 50, and I was getting 4. They wanted to know why I wanted to cancel and i told them I can't even stream netflix and be on my phone at the same time.
They were the worst. I was paying for similarly slow (even slower, I think) DSL and when I called, they lied and said they had plans to upgrade the lines in my neighborhood. That was over 10 years ago. Never happened, so we switched to Mediacom. While I hate the Mediacom cable experience, their internet was actually very good for us. But then, Metronet came in with way cheaper rates. When we cancelled, Mediacom did not seem to care at all or offer us a better or similar rate. So, we've had metronet for about 2 years now.

We got ours on a Black Friday Special for $20 for a year….. ;) No shit…..

I did the black Friday $2/month deal thinking I could cancel once basketball season is over. I've streamed more on Peacock the last couple of months than on all of my other streaming services combined. Great deal.

They were the worst. I was paying for similarly slow (even slower, I think) DSL and when I called, they lied and said they had plans to upgrade the lines in my neighborhood. That was over 10 years ago. Never happened, so we switched to Mediacom. While I hate the Mediacom cable experience, their internet was actually very good for us. But then, Metronet came in with way cheaper rates. When we cancelled, Mediacom did not seem to care at all or offer us a better or similar rate. So, we've had metronet for about 2 years now.
I had a run around with comcast a couple months back. Our internet went out, and they kept saying they restarted my modem, told me to call my modem's manufacturer, all this bullshit, after an hour or so I finally got them to schedule a tech. Tech was here 10 min and said "oh some disconnected your house from the post.. let me get that."

He spotted the issue, replaced the cable, and was gone within 30 minutes. WTF? Why was that so hard to get someone here?

Reactions: Tenacious E
NBCUniversal Comcast did a great job on their Peacock streaming service. I hope they can acquire more companies to bring us more great content.

Have to say I'm amused by people complaining about Peacock. The announcers know their shit, it's honestly a great broadcast, and Boston is fantastic as well.

Reactions: QChawks and Ree4
Have to say I'm amused by people complaining about Peacock. The announcers know their shit, it's honestly a great broadcast, and Boston is fantastic as well.
ngl the announcers said some cringe things that were actually kind of funny at times.

I appreciated that they stuck around for the entire post game ceremony. I doubt I would have been able to see all of that on another network or cable/satellite service.
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching. Regular TV would have cut before the handshake line to bring us some sweet infomercials. I was actually glad it was on Peacock, couldnt have been better coverage.

Reactions: Whinny and QChawks
I subscribed to Peacock in 2021 because it offered expanded coverage of the Olympics. I've stuck with it. Absolutely no problems with the telecast last night - enjoyed every second of it.

The App is good on some platforms, not so good on others.

On my newer TV it’s all good.

On a PS4 which is hooked up to an old plasma screen, which I love cause it looks amazing. The app is obviously inferior. Can’t even pause.

Over 500 mbps connection so no speed issues here.

They probably don’t have as much reason to work on / update the PS4 app since not as many ppl use that platform to watch “tv”. But all the other apps - Netflix, Prime, Apple Tv, YT, YTTV works great on that platform. So Peacock is a step behind overall.

Either way it’s better than cable tv. I can’t believe how many ppl still have that expensive antiquated bs.

Last edited:
I watch programming on Peacock regularly, and never have any problems. Like others have said, I thought the coverage last night was excellent, especially sticking with the post-game festivities including every moment until Caitlin left the arena.

My only complaint with Peacock is that the rewind/fast-forward mechanism is difficult to operate. You usually end up jumping too far back or too far forward anytime you use it.

Good for you. If you don't give a shit, then why are you posting ?
Old and likes to bitch and moan while blaming someone or something for his problems when he doesn’t even know what it is that is the problem. Basically.,…

get-off-my-lawn-grumpy-old-man.gif

Reactions: QChawks
Metronet is great!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT