ADVERTISEMENT

Penguin crime is on the rise

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
It's a sad, sad day.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins announced today that the shipment carrying the Jaromir Jagr bobbleheads for tonight’s game against the San Jose Sharks has been stolen after its arrival in California. As a result, the bobbleheads are not in Pittsburgh and will not be distributed at tonight’s game, but will be distributed at a later date.

The Penguins learned that they were victims of cargo theft after failing to receive the shipment as scheduled. The team worked with the manufacturer and transportation companies to alert the appropriate state and federal authorities who are currently working to locate the cargo. This is an open investigation and no further comment will be made in order to not hamper with the recovery of the goods.

“We were shocked to be a victim of cargo theft, and we are working closely with local and federal authorities on the investigation” said Penguins President of Business Operations Kevin Acklin. “While this unfortunate incident adds to the legend of Jaromir Jagr, who will be in attendance as our guest at tonight’s game, we look forward to resolving this theft and delivering the prized Jagr bobbleheads to their rightful homes, with our fans,” said Acklin."

It reminds me of the beginning of (the newer) Oceans 11:

Topher: Mr Ocean, what do you do for a living? If you don’t mind me asking.
Danny: Why would I mind you asking? Two cards. I just got out of prison.
Topher Grace: Really?
Joshua Jackson: Well why were you in prison?
Danny: I stole things.
Shane West: You stole things? Like jewels?
Rusty: Incan matrimonial headmasks.
Shane West: Any money in those? Incan matrimonial
Danny: Headmasks. There’s some.
Rusty: Don’t let him fool you, there’s boatloads. If you can move them. I’ll take one. But you can’t.
Danny: My fence seemed confident enough.
Rusty: Dealing in cash you don’t need a fence.
Danny: Some people lack vision.
Rusty: Probably everybody in cell block E

Reactions: TJ8869 and HawCory
tumblr_nyc2m9vOoz1u1mgryo1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT