ADVERTISEMENT

Penn state crowd

summithawk

Scout Team
Oct 30, 2002
took my 8 and 10 year old boys to the game yesterday...some dumb 18 yo blondie decided she had to yell " f*#k Iowa" to the boys as we walked to the stadium. Then some other drynk woman decided to keep yelling the same to our family the whole game and then smile and say that she wasn't trying to be mean and hoped we enjoyed the game...
Please people...it is a game and leave the kids out of it. Act like you've been there before...we realize it's been a long time and I congratulate the psu team on playing an excellent game...but show some class

I agree. My kids just kept saying "hope we win so we can shut them up". I ventured there only because I'd heard it's a decent place to watch a game. Bad luck I guess. Was just surprised that none of the other fans spoke up.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Sorry to hear that guys. I rarely have ever seen poor behavior at our games, the only time I can think of is OSU in 2005.

Reactions: summithawk
Nah. that's pretty typical for the PSU fans...
Welcome to Happy Valley, F you...

The gameday management at PSU was a bigger joke than the effort Iowa put out on the field...really? took over 45 minutes to get in the gate and we missed the 1st half of qtr 1...

took my 8 and 10 year old boys to the game yesterday...some dumb 18 yo blondie decided she had to yell " f*#k Iowa" to the boys as we walked to the stadium. Then some other drynk woman decided to keep yelling the same to our family the whole game and then smile and say that she wasn't trying to be mean and hoped we enjoyed the game...
Please people...it is a game and leave the kids out of it. Act like you've been there before...we realize it's been a long time and I congratulate the psu team on playing an excellent game...but show some class

Surprised their brothers or husbands didn't offer to help them to go potty.

Reactions: Jtrader
Says the douchebag swine farmer.

GIF--Afraid-Scary-horrified-Jim-Carrey-GIF.gif

So posting a thread about the incident must be the first step to recovery I take it?

This is a really good example of why to be a good sport at home. Visiting opposing stadiums & having bad experiences makes you a better host.

My family had the same experience in 2009 at OSU. I sat by good fans & my family sat by terrible fans.

Reactions: Carlton
Did you make the game or were you too busy blowing a horse in a cornfield?
Dude -- you made a decent post above and then follow it up with this crap? Should have quit while you were ahead. That was extremely weak. Very unbecoming of PSU. Did nothing to help my impression of your fans, and I'm sure many other Iowa fans feel similarly. And don't give me any of this weak "he said it first" childish garbage. Assuming you're an adult, you should understand that two wrongs don't make a right.

Penn State fans feel the whole world is conspiring against them. They blame joining the Big Ten for the start of their down fall. Therefore, some of their fans they are pretty quick to lash out.

Dude -- you made a decent post above and then follow it up with this crap? Should have quit while you were ahead. That was extremely weak. Very unbecoming of PSU. Did nothing to help my impression of your fans, and I'm sure many other Iowa fans feel similarly. And don't give me any of this weak "he said it first" childish garbage. Assuming you're an adult, you should understand that two wrongs don't make a right.

I'd encourage you to read how PSU fans were treated in Iowa City the last time we kicked your ass/played. Until Rutgers 2014, I'd never seen anything like it. You can in fact simply read this very thread to see what we deal with from ostensibly "nice folks" for the crime of rooting for our team. Then we can discuss class, "childish garbage", etc.

I'm sorry the OP experienced what he did; he and his family would have been welcomed at our tailgate. As many other Iowa fans were and all visitors have been for decades.

Stop equating support for our team as support for or knowledge of crimes against children, and maybe we can have a more civil interaction. Or don't, we really don't give a sh*t. Enjoy KF for another decade and see you during wrestling season.

Reactions: Hotshoe and EZ2BJZ
i apologize for our dipshit fans at the game and in this thread. if someone gives you a hard time at a game, always remember its reflective of their character, not their school/team. there are dumbasses at every school unfortunately. i love my nits but psu is definitely no exception to this.

So posting a thread about the incident must be the first step to recovery I take it?
The whole point that you seem to be too eager to overlook is that whether it's their stadium or ours, basic courtesy and mutual respect is appreciated.

Interesting. You don't usually hear those stories about the PSU crowd. That said, every school has its knuckleheads, and someone is bound to run into some of them on any given Saturday. Disappointing that your kids had to deal with the fools.
See kids, even women can be a**holes when they're drunk.

I'd encourage you to read how PSU fans were treated in Iowa City the last time we kicked your ass/played. Until Rutgers 2014, I'd never seen anything like it. You can in fact simply read this very thread to see what we deal with from ostensibly "nice folks" for the crime of rooting for our team. Then we can discuss class, "childish garbage", etc.

I'm sorry the OP experienced what he did; he and his family would have been welcomed at our tailgate. As many other Iowa fans were and all visitors have been for decades.

Stop equating support for our team as support for or knowledge of crimes against children, and maybe we can have a more civil interaction. Or don't, we really don't give a sh*t. Enjoy KF for another decade and see you during wrestling season.
Your team is going to lose in wrestling and you won't be national champions. Don't like that? I don't give a sh**. Enjoy.

Iowa just a few years back had kids dressed up as Sandusky in prison suits. Look at the PED state comments here as child molestation rants are so funny. Every school in the country has idiots...sadly they tend to ruin the games for others.

Reactions: Jtrader and Hotshoe
I thought it was a hawk football forum...didn't realize it was an easel for your sarcastic exhibitionism. My apologies.

The whole point that you seem to be too eager to overlook is that whether it's their stadium or ours, basic courtesy and mutual respect is appreciated.
If you had quoted my message a third time I would have known for sure you were serious. I agree that people should be respectful, especially around kids, but you act like you're the only one this happens to. Every stadium has profane fans. Was this your first game or something?

here is the deal.. I was at the game and saw none of that stuff. But if I did I was/am prepared to speak up and support that Iowa fan. I would have politely told the girl to have some class.. followed by if you don't I'll personally grab the mother effin usher and see you you out of here. Same at Iowa, tOSU, or anywhere. I would hope that an Iowa fan would do the same. This is a nanny-state failure, it's time for people to take personal responsibility and make their lives a better place. If I got beat up supporting an underdog I would file that in my "actually did something good for a change" file. PSU's kids are NorthEast yankees.. their is some good and bad.. as you point towards New York the douche-bag meter ticks even faster.

Girls are the worse.. they can mouth off all their life and not have to cash those checks like a guy will. Getting punched a few times will give you some perspective.-sg

We tailgated most of the afternoon with some PSU fans (friends of my brother's). Had a great time. Every PSU fan we met was super-nice, with the exception of some (obviously) inebriated fans who occasionally shouted "Go Steelers!" to us. I get the fact our uniforms look a lot like theirs (one of the many ingenious moves by Fry, to help change UI football culture), but really didn't get why they found that so funny. Either my age, their alcohol, or whatever. Point is, we felt welcome by the vast majority of folks, and wouldn't hesitate to visit there again.

The vast majority of fans we've met in the past 2 years have been pretty cool. My conclusions:
1 ) Sober people: very nice, respectful.
2) Drunk people: not so much.
True anywhere we've gone, including Kinnick, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT