ADVERTISEMENT

People it's okay to break wind in front of

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I'm going to start with the cleaning woman. I tried to cover it with a cough, but, she had to hear it. God bless her for not missing a beat in applying the Bona to my hardwood floors.

While I hate sweeping and then spraying the floors with Bona, I can't imagine paying someone to do it. I've got it down to a zen like experience with the kids and pets locked out of the house and farting up a storm with Levon Helm cranked on the Bose.

Author J.P Donleavy wrote his "unexpurgated Code" years ago, but did obliquely address this topic.

His guidance in the event that you broke wind in an elevator, was to gape in horror at one of the other passengers (preferably a black person, or some one from Puerto Rico, but just about any minority would do) and in a loud voice pronounce "You disgusting Pig!" ... in the process drawing suspicion away from yourself.

His instructions were to do this even if there was only one other person in the elevator, so I am guessing the the socially correct thing to do when you break wind in the presence of the cleaning lady would be to blame her for the folly.

Rule of thumb: If you refer to the act as "breaking wind," you shouldn't do it in front of ANYBODY.

your teammates in the peloton

You save 30%+ of your energy riding behind someone else.

cool0003.r191677.gif

I'm going to start with the cleaning woman. I tried to cover it with a cough, but, she had to hear it. God bless her for not missing a beat in applying the Bona to my hardwood floors.
Nice “subtle brag” right there

Yeah, I had to clear up my ignore settings to see what was going on. I thought I was getting too much action for a Saturday morning.

• Sad
Reactions: Moral and NCHawk5
Figured this had to be an old thread since there was no OPs mom reference within the first few replies.

The Orange County Sanitation facility is located right smack dab in the middle of the county, right off a major freeway. If you happen to be driving past it on a surface street, you are presented an excellent opportunity to unleash cluster bombs of SBDs and then commenting on how ripe the “poop factory’” is to the other unsuspecting passengers.

This thread was well before the 12-0 season. We were coming off this game:

Pretty fun basketball season though. Gesell/Woody freshman year. Went on the road and beat UNC. Made tourney. Dunked on Davidson. Got dunked on by Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT