ADVERTISEMENT

people who hand out full size candy bars

I still remember the one house on our route, we lived in a modest neighborhood, that handed out full sized candy bars. I always picked a Butterfinger and nearly 50 years later, I can still savor the taste of those delectable delights.

Funny thing...all these years later...a friend of mine now lives in that house with his family. Small world. :)

I still remember the one house on our route, we lived in a modest neighborhood, that handed out full sized candy bars. I always picked a Butterfinger and nearly 50 years later, I can still savor the taste of those delectable delights.

Funny thing...all these years later...a friend of mine now lives in that house with his family. Small world. :)
Same here. Definitely still remember the one house in my neighborhood that gave out the full sized candy bars. #NeverForgetTheRealHeroes

We’re on a circle, so to increase traffic, we went to full size Snickers and M&M Mars candies packs and let the kids pick. Usually get about 50-70, but having a slow night tonight.

We had about nine houses to hit. We walked over a mile in the dark along dirt roads, but the home owners set out better lighting for the event. They all spread the love. Big time candy, praise for costumes, and a fun atmosphere.
Thanks, Lake Bradford peeps!! Much love to y’all.

We had about nine houses to hit. We walked over a mile in the dark along dirt roads, but the home owners set out better lighting for the event. They all spread the love. Big time candy, praise for costumes, and a fun atmosphere.
Thanks, Lake Bradford peeps!! Much love to y’all.

Aren't you a little old for trick-or-treating, Bill?

I got that shit right. I’m not a moran like OP.

sgntcAh.jpg

There's a guy in my neighborhood that gives out the giant Hershey bars and a 10 pack of Reese cups

The current governor of Illinois lives in my neighborhood. Last year when he was running he handed out KING size candy bars. Needless to say he got our vote.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
The current governor of Illinois is a billionaire. He
could afford to gift wrap $20 bills for the kids who
trick or treat at his house.

We don't do full size but every kid got as big of handful as they wanted. Usually dropped 5-8 singles into the bag. If you're a kid who pulled down a haul of 4 single Reese's cups, a bag of Skittles, and 2 bags of M&Ms, you made a good haul. Better than a full size bar.

The last few started walking away and I said "hold on kid, I need to get rid of this, here's a few more."

Kids got 9 full size candy bars and we just hit up two blocks. I still remember how many I got when I was a kid.... zero.

Reactions: blackbones
You know if you were trick or treating in small towns in the 60's you likely received more homemade popcorn balls, cookies, brownies or rice krispie treats than factory candy...
I remember those days. The razor blade scares back in the 80s ruined all that. Still remember being able to get your haul x-rayed for metals back then.

Elderly neighbor down the block handed out home made cookies tonight. They're fine.

The current governor of Illinois lives in my neighborhood. Last year when he was running he handed out KING size candy bars. Needless to say he got our vote.

It means less because he already had them in the house.

I remember those days. The razor blade scares back in the 80s ruined all that. Still remember being able to get your haul x-rayed for metals back then.
Wait, what? I wasn't around quite yet. People made homemade food and some put razor blades in them? Shouldn't surprise me, but still.

Wait, what? I wasn't around quite yet. People made homemade food and some put razor blades in them? Shouldn't surprise me, but still.
I'm not sure how many times it actually occurred and how many times it was some attention whore who did it themselves. Usually pieces of razor blades in apples or pins stuck through candy bars. It was really rare at any rate but got blown up even in those days before social media.

You should tell your friend he has a tradition to carry on...

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I'm not sure how many times it actually occurred and how many times it was some attention whore who did it themselves. Usually pieces of razor blades in apples or pins stuck through candy bars. It was really rare at any rate but got blown up even in those days before social media.

my step dad would check every single piece of candy before we could eat it. There were lots of Snickers that didn't pass the test. I'm sure it was a huge coincidence that Snickers were his favorite.

my step dad would check every single piece of candy before we could eat it. There were lots of Snickers that didn't pass the test. I'm sure it was a huge coincidence that Snickers were his favorite.

He's just making sure it's not poisonous. I do the same for my son when he orders milkshakes. Your stepdad was doing hero's work.

My dad did the same thing to my Halloween candy. I really didn't see the good in it at the time. Hershey with almonds was his vice.

Do you really think those candy bars had to be paid for? Quid Pro Quo, Quid Pro Quo.....

We have TWO awesome houses in our neighborhood. A retired couple of ISU grads two blocks east hands out full Hershey's bars, and a retired iron worker two blocks south hands out full pops. So few were out last night that pop guy handed out two. Kids (or their parents) are soft these days.

My kids killed it last night. 8 full size candy bars each and a whole lot of people handing out handfuls of candy. Kind of surprised as there were lots of kids out. Good times!!

I used to find a lot of suspicious Butterfingers in my daughter's bags...

It was rainy and in the mid-upper 30’s in our town. Hardly any kids were out so the houses were dumping candy on the kids. My boys got more in 45 minutes this year than they got in 2.5 hours last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT