ADVERTISEMENT

Pet peeves thread

When there’s a sign on the road for a lane closure a mile or two ahead... and all of the cars get over immediately.

Even worse when you’re still a mile or so from where it actually closes, and there’s some idiot who doesn’t understand the correct way to do things and gets annoyed at people passing them on the right. So they try to block both lanes. Impeding traffic is illegal. I now start honking, flip that person off, and pass them on the shoulder.

When the overly friendly cashier can’t shut the **** up when there’s a backed up line.

Anyone conversing on a mobile phone indoors in a public place. No one cares what you have to say.

When assholes don’t signal a right hand turn when you’re trying to pull out and turn left.

When Joe constantly derails and screws up threads.

People who throw their money on the counter to pay for something. Heathens.

Whenever someone uses their government supplied EBT card to purchase Red Bulls, chips and candy. Use your own earned money, please.

When people park their cart directly in front of the meat case in the grocery store.

Fat people on motorized carts in stores.

Idiots who pull all the way through a parking space in a diagonally designed parking lot.

When returning my change I prefer the cashier to put the coins in my hand first. Loathe the cash, receipt and change stack these days. Unwieldy and awkward.

When cashiers have no idea how to count back to the large bill you paid with for goods.

I have plenty more.
Awesome list.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I'm sure my biggest pet peeve has been discussed here, but it's tardiness. Today is going to test my patience because we spend Easter with my wife's family and they run 20 min behind on everything. We will be lucky to make church by the sermon and eat lunch before 2. Last Easter my wife's sister made all the sides for dinner that was planned for 12:30. She showed up at 1:15. Lord give me strength today 🙏🙏.
This was almost to a T. Wife and I drove an hour and a half to church in Ankeny and beat all her family members who live within 5 min. Her family was also suppose to have everything ready to go for lunch so we could eat at 12:30, but that didn't happen either. They ended up eating at 2:45. I say they because I went and got food at 12:30 and was apparently the asshole.

Reactions: ping72
I'll add a few.

The renters across the street who walk their dog at 3 in the morning, and their dog runs across the middle of my yard setting off my security system.

The neighbor behind me who lets her cat roam, and the cat loves sleeping on my vehicles and crapping in my yard.

Drivers who stop way back at lights, preventing people behind them from getting in turn lanes.

People who take miles and miles to pass in the left lane on the interstate.

My state and county road departments who let contractors do whatever they want with no accountability.

Drivers who don't know where they are going and stop in the middle of a busy street trying to decide what to do.

Drivers who stop at a traffic circle when there's no other cars even close to being in the circle.

Animal cruelty commercials. I can't deal with them, even if they are supposed to be for a good cause. If there was time to film it, there was time to relieve the animal from that amount of time suffering.

HROT spammers who post threads that are opinions of tweeters or bloggers. Why not try to post your own opinion, and have something to back it up.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I'm not on Facebook but wifey is and I'll see her page and see people we know who are married couples carrying on a conversation via comments on a post one of them has made. So the wife will post a picture of their kid doing something 'cute', and the husband will comment on it, and the wife will comment back. On Facebook. Just f*cking weird. Don't you guys live in the same house for this conversation to happen?

I was at the YMCA in MC Friday and held the door for a lady when I was leaving. She just motored by and didn't say I word. I said your welcome like you do and she spun around, got 3 inches from my face and said "I didn't ask you to hold the door for me, so why the hell would I thank you?" I had so many thing I wanted to say, but decided to just walk away. What a bitch. /csb
Move in day at college, my roommate was coming up to the outside door carrying a TV. This was 20-some years ago so it was not a nice light flat screen. Two girls walked out of the door when he was close, and proceeded to let the door slam in his face as they walked out. He turned around and yelled 'Thanks for the help, bitch.'

I have tried to teach my kids, it takes maybe 5 seconds of your life to hold the door for others. I don't care if you thank me or not, but I will hold the door for you.

Move in day at college, my roommate was coming up to the outside door carrying a TV. This was 20-some years ago so it was not a nice light flat screen. Two girls walked out of the door when he was close, and proceeded to let the door slam in his face as they walked out. He turned around and yelled 'Thanks for the help, bitch.'

I have tried to teach my kids, it takes maybe 5 seconds of your life to hold the door for others. I don't care if you thank me or not, but I will hold the door for you.
Good for them. Dog eat dog world.

People who have their who have their mobiles on "speaker" in public settings. I don't want to hear the sound of your tik tok video or your musical choice of the day.

I'm not on Facebook but wifey is and I'll see her page and see people we know who are married couples carrying on a conversation via comments on a post one of them has made. So the wife will post a picture of their kid doing something 'cute', and the husband will comment on it, and the wife will comment back. On Facebook. Just f*cking weird. Don't you guys live in the same house for this conversation to happen?

People who say "wifey' or "hubby"

When the overly friendly cashier can’t shut the **** up when there’s a backed up line.

Anyone conversing on a mobile phone indoors in a public place. No one cares what you have to say.

When assholes don’t signal a right hand turn when you’re trying to pull out and turn left.

When Joe constantly derails and screws up threads.

People who throw their money on the counter to pay for something. Heathens.

Whenever someone uses their government supplied EBT card to purchase Red Bulls, chips and candy. Use your own earned money, please.

When people park their cart directly in front of the meat case in the grocery store.

Fat people on motorized carts in stores.

Idiots who pull all the way through a parking space in a diagonally designed parking lot.

When returning my change I prefer the cashier to put the coins in my hand first. Loathe the cash, receipt and change stack these days. Unwieldy and awkward.

When cashiers have no idea how to count back to the large bill you paid with for goods.

I have plenty more.
People who pay for goods in cash and require change. Use a card and keep the line moving.

Note, this doesn't apply at a ball game when a beer doesn't require change. If it's $10 and you hand them 11 or 12 in cash, fine with me. Keep the line moving. I'm thirsty.

I was at the YMCA in MC Friday and held the door for a lady when I was leaving. She just motored by and didn't say I word. I said your welcome like you do and she spun around, got 3 inches from my face and said "I didn't ask you to hold the door for me, so why the hell would I thank you?" I had so many thing I wanted to say, but decided to just walk away. What a bitch. /csb
“That’s because I mistook you for a decent person, with common courtesy. Fear not, your memorable mug ensures this mistake is impossible for me to repeat. Good day, ma’am.”

Reactions: Derekd3408
People who pay for goods in cash and require change. Use a card and keep the line moving.

Note, this doesn't apply at a ball game when a beer doesn't require change. If it's $10 and you hand them 11 or 12 in cash, fine with me. Keep the line moving. I'm thirsty.
I get through quicker with cash than waiting for someone to push buttons for debit/credit, cash back?, round up?, receipt?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I'll add the person at Casey's that is cashing in 10 scratch offs and takes 5 min picking out more.

And person at the store with 20 coupons that will save them a total of $6. Got behind this person on Saturday. They went through every reciept and all that trouble dropped their total from $55 down to $51. Every check out was 3-4 deep, have some self awareness and come in at 7am if you have to coupon.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I get through quicker with cash than waiting for someone to push buttons for debit/credit, cash back?, round up?, receipt?
You must read at a pre-K level if it takes you that long to answer (at most) 3 short questions. And based on your prior posting, that's entirely believable.

Also I can't tell you the last time I had to punch for a receipt. They either just give me one or ask if I even want one.

Salt Life sticker in vehicle’s rear window.

I had no idea so many iowans with low paid hourly jobs had second homes near the coast.

Went into a hospital where the wife volunteers for a special event.
Had to wear a mask. They served ice cream and drink, so everyone removed their masks and sat next to each other and talked. Mind you I'm not against wearing a mask in a place that requires it but why the hell serve food and drink? Just stupid to me.

Having to go into a gas station for a reciept because you decided to get a carwash and the reciept with the code didnt print out at the pump

People that use their turn signal in a parking garage. Why?
This would depend on the layout of the garage. If it’s just a never ending loop, then sure. But some have weird intersections where people just stare at each other.

People who stop in the roundabout to let you in stopping the flow
Also people who come roaring up to the round about while you're in it giving you the idea they are not stopping and then slamming on the brakes. Meanwhile you're slowing down traffic behind you trying to guess if the driver is going to stop or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT